Like Tree24Likes

Thread: 2/14 AI 12 Hollywood Round #4 **West Coast Spoilers**

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Bouncing Balls Champion

Re: 2/14 AI 12 Hollywood Round #4 **West Coast Spoilers**

I believe that she's 20.

Maybe I'm just looking for things we have in common

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    I don't know anyone, I don't even watch the show I did however see Charlie on youtube, he gave me( to quote J'LO) goosies LOL. No he really is that good in my opinion
    Eh? I really think that intro he did with the girlfriend thing was very contrived. I don't even think he had a girlfriend. The judges fell for it. I don't feel this guy and hopefully he gets cut.

VFTW said something about AI making a mistake of puttin JDA with the boys and Kezban with the girls. They should be switched, LOL!
    superman2004 likes this.

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Bouncing Balls Champion

I'm not a Charlie fan either.

Among my serious favorites are Shubha and Mathenee. I hope Johnny gets cut again.

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies View Post
    Las Vegas week the judges should cut down to 20 (10 boys/10 girls) then the show moves to live TV the following week and we get to start voting. They may bring 30 or 24 to the live stage, but this year I think they want to keep the numbers even between boys and girls.
    I believe I read there are two weeks in Las Vegas not just 1

Quote Originally Posted by jammyjoe View Post
    Eh? I really think that intro he did with the girlfriend thing was very contrived. I don't even think he had a girlfriend. The judges fell for it. I don't feel this guy and hopefully he gets cut.
    Of course he made it up that was the point & it lead into the sing perfectly

Where did you read that? From Nigel's interview he said that there will be twists. Like perhaps he'll take 10 boys and 10 girls but then he'll announce that there will be a wildcard round and judges get to choose 4 from the cast offs (2 boys 2 girls) to make it a a top 24. But he wasn't clear. He neither denies nor confirms it. Same thing with the 10 Finalists, that there may be a wildcard round to make it a top 12. One thing for sure that there will be an even number of boys and girls.
    According to this, 10 girls will perform the first night, 10 guys the second. Then the next week, the remaining 10 guys one night 10 girls the next. And the live performances will begin March 5.

American Idol Episode List | American Idol Season 12 Episode List
    Last edited by Arielflies; 02-16-2013 at 12:26 PM.

I used to like Simon but he was unbelievable cruel to some contestants. I will never forget when he told that one kid he looked like a howler monkey.smh
    NCLurker likes this.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker View Post
    Of course he made it up that was the point & it lead into the sing perfectly
    No mention of anyone here on the FORT that it was contrived. Judges seemed to believe him or they would have called him out on it.

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker View Post
    I believe I read there are two weeks in Las Vegas not just 1
    Where did you read that? From Nigel's interview he said that there will be twists. Like perhaps he'll take 10 boys and 10 girls but then he'll announce that there will be a wildcard round and judges get to choose 4 from the cast offs (2 boys 2 girls) to make it a a top 24. But he wasn't clear. He neither denies nor confirms it. Same thing with the 10 Finalists, that there may be a wildcard round to make it a top 12. One thing for sure that there will be an even number of boys and girls.
    Last edited by Arielflies; 02-16-2013 at 12:27 PM.

I don't think for a minute they'll cut Charlie Askew. Whether you like him or not (I love him) look how much discussion we've already had here about him. He's young (17) so cut him a little slack about the intro to the song. Does it matter if it's true or not? It led into the song, which I've watched 7 or 8 times now on youtube and facebook. The judges seem to be as taken with him as I am, so I don't think he's going anywhere.
    Count your blessings!

To the Point

No mention of anyone here on the FORT that it was contrived. Judges seemed to believe him or they would have called him out on it.
    I didn't necessarily think they believed him by the looks on their faces. I just don't think they thought it mattered. I don't think either of us can know for sure which scenario is more accurate, nor do I think it really matters. I didn't buy it but really didn't feel inclined to comment until you brought it up. I would imagine there are any number of contestants who either make up or embellish the story behind their song choices in an effort to "sell" their performance.

Nicki did say, "Smart intro!" or something to that effect. The music kicked in just after he started the intro with the background rhythm and melody, so obviously it was rehearsed and not spontaneous.
    Count your blessings!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast