+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: 2/6 AI 12 Hollywood Round #1 **West Coast Spoilers**

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Bouncing Balls Champion

Re: 2/6 AI 12 Hollywood Round #1 **West Coast Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by WinkyD View Post
    Meaning?
    Pushing him in our faces and pimping him every chance they get. They did that to someone called Turf on another show, so it's a new word in at least my vocabulary.

I hate to disagree with everyone yet again, but I don't really get the Charlie fandom. I don't care much for his voice.

Wow! Just Wow! I am shocked at some of the guys they put thru. Forgetting words should be an automatic exit. It was so hit and miss who they put thru and who they did not. Really odd evening.

I like Trevor but he got stuck with a bad group. I was shocked that 2 of them even made it thru. I think some of them are getting thru only by the strength of their auditions so even if they forgot the words they were given a pass.

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter View Post
    Well, I've already said it, but Charlie Askew is my favorite at this point.
    Me, too!

Charlie is cute, quirky, and a decent singer, but I close my eyes and just hear him reaching to hard for higher notes, and it becomes screechy...maybe in a lower register, he might sound better.

One person that I heard, that made my ears perk up a bit, is Mathenee Treco. We haven't heard much, but I did like his tone. I may change my mind, but I would like to hear more from him.

Was Mathenee the guy who sang "More than a Feeling" early on? I really liked those couple seconds. I think he's better than Charlie.

According to Alicia Rosa (Survivor: One World contestant) on Facebook, Devin Velez is her cousin.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by YellowRose View Post
    Wow! Just Wow! I am shocked at some of the guys they put thru. Forgetting words should be an automatic exit. It was so hit and miss who they put thru and who they did not. Really odd evening.
    That was Simon's rule. I am glad they changed it. I think they passed by some good singers with that stipulation. Hard to remember the words to a song you have never sung and maybe heard only a handful of times with little sleep in a group of people you don't know and may even dislike.

This season they are listening very hard to the voice, range, tone and looking at star quality.

To the Point

Quote Originally Posted by Shoepie View Post
    That was Simon's rule. I am glad they changed it. I think they passed by some good singers with that stipulation. Hard to remember the words to a song you have never sung and maybe heard only a handful of times with little sleep in a group of people you don't know and may even dislike.

This season they are listening very hard to the voice, range, tone and looking at star quality.
    I agree. While I understand that these kids will be having to learn songs with quick turnaround it is still not the same as giving LESS THAN 24 HOURS to not only learn the lyrics, but to coordinate with all in their group, figure out parts, practice and then perform with little to no sleep. While it may be a barometer of sorts, I don't think forgetting the lyrics should be the total determination in whether they continue. There are people in the industry who have clearly forgotten lyrics to songs they have been performing daily on tour. A professional continues on and makes the best of their "miss". While there are times it may be the last straw/determining factor, it shouldn't be the only factor.

Oh, Simon. I remember one season where he eliminated an overweight girl in the Hollywood Round for the sole reason that she was too fat and didn't look like a star or what they were looking for. I don't think it should matter what the person looks like.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast