+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Simon says, "I *WON'T* be back"

sue
    FORT Regular
    the show should of been call how to destroy a young man weekly

This is good news!

Simon is the leader of that deaf, dumb, and blind group of so-called "judges", they ALL need to go!

Before AI2 I at least respected his opinion. After he shilled all season for Ruben and ignored his many rough nights, Simon's opinions are worth squat!

Ryan (1300?, 13,000?,) has endlessly shilled for Ruuuubennnnn (thundersticks)(please america don't let ruben get voted off)also and he needs to go as well!

Simon is corrupted and can't ever be trusted to give an honest opinion again. Seeing as how he prolly is the biggest 'star' on the show, if he doesn't come back it might cause a dropping off of the ratings.

This wouldn't bother me a bit because this corrupt show, in its present form, needs to die.

sue
    FORT Regular
    what you said

sue
    FORT Regular
    I think my best moment was when they introduced the judges every week, randy comes out and slapped every hand he can, saying yo dawg, nothing just keep on barking,

the always late paula comes out with her sweet set of shiny teeth showing, saying you know i love me dont you

then theres venomious simon cowpie, i cant help it, the first thing that pops into my head is a comical cow with a silly grin, looks around to see mr cowpies legs sticking out his rump, and mr cowpie begging us to understand he is not gay, but hay, I am not taking this to hard am i
    Last edited by sue; 05-24-2003 at 08:52 AM.

Wether Simon is back on AI3 I dont know but I do know for 100% certain is that he ll be back on Pop Idol 2 which is auditioning during the summer.
    This means his 4th series of this show and Im not sure if he ll be back for AI3 for 5 series.
    Mario Vazquez - Still My American Idol

I have never heard one contestant from either season (including those who have little chance at making it big), who didn't say Simon is a good and respected person off the air.

Is there ever going to be a thread besides Ruben's on this site that doesn't turn into a "poor Clay - he was done wrong" agenda?
    Sing & dance the night away!

In answer to your final question OSB, I doubt it.

It's not as though Simon never praised Clay, he did on many occasions that readily spring to my mind.
    Overall he didn't like his style.
    People might want to argue that a judge should remain impartial, but of course that would not be the cry had he lavished praise on their favourite each week.

I agree with Simon, Grease was horrible, absolutely dreadful.
    It was Manilow imo, something I doubt Simon wanted to see from the next "Idol".

The comments that Simon is a manipulator and a liar seem to stem from the fact he didn't think Clay was as good as many people here.

Simon makes this show for me.
    Please no one say "that's just because you like Ruben and Simon praised him every week", that is getting so old.

Whatever we may think of Simon, the contestants clearly coveted praise from him above the other two judges.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Fluff - thanks for the back-up! Simon has said he prefers Ruben's singing style and all that means is that he's human and is allowed to have an opinion. It certainly doesn't mean he manipulated the vote totals or as you stated, never praised Clay.

Posters should remember the old saying - "Be careful what you wish for" - a different judge could turn out to be a lot worse than Simon.
    Sing & dance the night away!

Exactly, there is an element of "better the devil you know".

I would hate to see this show without Simon, particularly during the early auditions.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Yeah, what if they filled his spot with Naomi Judd? Then we'd all be sorry!
    "Look, you love me, and I love you. Maybe in a different time, a different place, this would work out. But we both know that only one of us is leaving this room alive, and I'm the one holding the flame thrower." - Film Fakers

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast