+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314 LastLast
Results 111 to 120 of 134
Like Tree82Likes

Thread: 5/3 AI 11 Results Show: Top 5 **West Coast Spoiilers**

  1. #111
    FORT Fogey Jaceegirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    1,225

    Re: 5/3 AI 11 Results Show: Top 5 **West Coast Spoiilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by AsIs View Post
    WTH! Is Skyler responsible for the staging? These shows drive me nuts with dinging contestants for things beyond their control.
    Drove me nuts as well. So much about this show drives me nuts. I think my AI days are over. Since the judges are suppose to be so capable why aren't they part of the mentoring of them as well. I know they have Jimmy, but they should be part of the process as well. Even Jimmy thought P2 did bad and Skylar would be safe. This show has become all about the drama, the judges boosting their own career, and has taken the fun away for me.

    Last night with Skylar leaving was it and I did vote for the two hours for her. I know she will do well in the country world. I predict she will go on to be the most famous from the group. The country world embraces their artists more and to use Blake Shelton as an example who is a judge on The Voice he sticks by his artists and gives them opportunities. On that show they perform with their artists and make it more about the contestants then AI and their judges.

    Nothing against those that are left, but I feel Hollie will be next and after that with the F3 I would not buy any of their music. Good luck to all of you and whoever you are rooting for.
    its_glinda_now likes this.

  2. #112
    FORT Fanatic
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Age
    52
    Posts
    590

    Re: 5/3 AI 11 Results Show: Top 5 **West Coast Spoiilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by ilja View Post
    I like Carrie Underwood but man I was bored with that song.
    I agree. I love Carrie but didn't care for that song. Her songs on GMA were much better!

  3. #113
    FORT Regular CookieJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    143

    Re: 5/3 AI 11 Results Show: Top 5 **West Coast Spoiilers**

    I am a huge country fan and never cast one vote for Skylar this season. In my opinion she screams too much. I heard her sing a ballad in Hollywood Week and she nailed it. On the live shows every song she sang was a foot stomping, high energy screechfest. She told the judges in Hollywood Week that she was a huge Reba fan. If she had chosen just one Reba ballad and showed us what she could do with it, she might still be around. We don't always vote for our favorite 'genre'. All of my votes this season have been for Hollie because I think she's a better singer and has more potential. Maybe if Skylar had chosen to sing a song like Reba's "Whoever's in New England" or "For My Broken Heart" it might have shown me she had the talent to stick around.

    I have no doubt that Skylar will get a record deal and she will probably be Josh Gracin/Kellie Pickler/Bucky Covington/Lauren Alaina successful, but I don't think she will ever reach Carrie Underwood status, she just doesn't have that in her.

  4. #114
    Urban Renewal - a new era BuckeyeAddict's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Central Ohio
    Posts
    2,367

    Re: 5/3 AI 11 Results Show: Top 5 **West Coast Spoiilers**

    I also did not care for either of Skylar's performances either. "Fortunate One" was a bad song choice. It didn't fit her - probably for the reasons already stated, she didn't understand what the song was about. On her second song, I thought she was doing very well until she started trying to show too much emotion and throw power notes where they didn't belong. It ruined the song. I am still surprised she's not in the mix, though. I thought her fan base was stronger than that. But really, anyone can go at any time. It's a free-for-all. Just depends on the mood of the voters.

    I would sure love to know who is getting the most votes every week, or if anyone is getting the most votes every week. It's probably sickly Phillip, though. And the sad thing is, he could use some time to recuperate, but more people will probably vote for him since Jimmy shared what a trooper Phillip is for hanging in there even though he's in pain.
    Last edited by BuckeyeAddict; 05-04-2012 at 07:31 PM.

  5. #115
    FORT Fogey Jaceegirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    1,225

    Re: 5/3 AI 11 Results Show: Top 5 **West Coast Spoiilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeAddict View Post
    I also did not care for either of Skylar's performances either. "Fortunate One" was a bad song choice. It didn't fit her - probably for the reasons already stated, she didn't understand what the song was about. On her second song, I thought she was doing very well until she started trying to show too much emotion and throw power notes where they didn't belong. It ruined the song. I am still surprised she's not in the mix, though. I thought her fan base was stronger than that. But really, anyone can go at any time. It's a free-for-all. Just depends on the mood of the voters. I would sure love to know who is getting the most votes every week, or if anyone is getting the most votes every week. It's probably sickly Phillip, though. And the sad thing is, he could use some time to recuperate, but more people will probably vote for him since Jimmy shared what a trooper Phillip is for hanging in there even though he's in pain.
    Even if Skylar's performances were not to the liking of some what is wrong with Jimmy? He is suppose to be the mentor and thought she would be safe with her choice. Same goes for Jessica and Proud Mary. He let her do it even though it was suggested that she should not. He did say that it seemed okay in the outfit she came to rehearsal in. So many things just seem so off. P2 had two terrible performances and did not end up in the bottom. Jimmy thought he would. I don't know why anyone should have bad song picks when they have a mentor. I also don't know what song choices they are allowed to pick from. Every poll I saw had P2 in the bottom and by a huge margin and yet he was fine. I wonder if the website created for fans of his to vote in is much more powerful than anyone thought.

  6. #116
    Urban Renewal - a new era BuckeyeAddict's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Central Ohio
    Posts
    2,367

    Re: 5/3 AI 11 Results Show: Top 5 **West Coast Spoiilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by Jaceegirl View Post
    Even if Skylar's performances were not to the liking of some what is wrong with Jimmy? He is suppose to be the mentor and thought she would be safe with her choice. Same goes for Jessica and Proud Mary. He let her do it even though it was suggested that she should not. He did say that it seemed okay in the outfit she came to rehearsal in.
    You're right. We saw that Jimmy did a great job of advising Joshua with "To Love Somebody." But who knows - maybe he tried to advise Skylar and Jessica to do things differently and they didn't listen? Is he the one who came up with "Fortunate One?" That was just bad all around, IMO.
    Jimmy did say that Jessica did well in rehearsals (or maybe when she sang for him and Little Steven), but that somebody else showed up to perform when she got in front of the crowd and cameras. You can't direct somebody who changes direction without notice.

  7. #117
    FORT Fogey Jaceegirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    1,225

    Re: 5/3 AI 11 Results Show: Top 5 **West Coast Spoiilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeAddict View Post
    You're right. We saw that Jimmy did a great job of advising Joshua with "To Love Somebody." But who knows - maybe he tried to advise Skylar and Jessica to do things differently and they didn't listen? Is he the one who came up with "Fortunate One?" That was just bad all around, IMO.
    Jimmy did say that Jessica did well in rehearsals (or maybe when she sang for him and Little Steven), but that somebody else showed up to perform when she got in front of the crowd and cameras. You can't direct somebody who changes direction without notice.
    I don't know who picked it - I would have to go back and watch to see if they even showed it. I just remember when he gave his speech last night he thought she was safe so I am guessing he was okay with it and must have approved it. I would have thought as a mentor he would have seen possible ramifications from it, but never said anything or you may be right and she insisted on it. With Jessica Little Steven (thank you had forgotten his name) did not think it was appropriate, but Jimmy approved it as he had seen her outfit in rehearsal and the other girl showed up on performance night. He thought it would cost her and blamed the stylists. With Joshua's song Jimmy said he left and came back singing it perfectly. I don't think Jimmy had a lot to do with Joshua's performance. I have nothing against Joshua - I think he is very talented, but just am not a fan of that type of music. What I am not getting is how far Jimmy is off in his predictions. I don't pretend to know what goes on with these shows. I remember him saying Colton and P2 would be getting all the tween votes and boom Colton was gone. He thought P2 would be in danger and yet P2 was not even in the bottom. Just a lot of unknowns with this show. JMO

  8. #118
    FORT Fogey MsDiva2007's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Del Mar, California
    Age
    52
    Posts
    4,711

    Re: 5/3 AI 11 Results Show: Top 5 **West Coast Spoiilers**

    I am happy with the season so far. I could have swapped out P2 and kept Skylar. I think she is extremely talented. P2 kind of gives me that smarmy Taylor Hicks vibe. Hollie can't sing with any sort of enthusiasm to save her life. I guess this is what people like when they say they don't do "screamers" low voltage blip on the radar. I am one of the lucky ones I am well rounded musically. I listen to anything with a catchy beat and a singer with some vocal prowess.

    I have no problem with loud rockers and those Screaming R&B and even twangy country singers. I don't get the whole over rehearsed thing with Jessica. Would we like her to be under rehearsed and not prepared? It's like if someone from work approached you and criticized you for being to prepared for work.

    I look forward to the season finale and whoever turns out to be the American Idol even little under prepared Hollie. I personally am wishing for a Joshua/Jessica finale. I want the best voice to win and with those left that should be one of these two. Will it be, probably not. Its probably going to be P2 because he doesn't scream,have a nasal twang, and he is WGWG. Oh well there is always next season.

    If Skylar was around I would want a Joshua/Skylar finale.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

  9. #119
    Resident "tyrant" JavaJo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Bedlam
    Posts
    6,230

    Re: 5/3 AI 11 Results Show: Top 5 **West Coast Spoiilers**

    I still love Phillip. Him and Joshua are my favorites with Hollie close behind.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

  10. #120
    FORT Fogey Misty8723's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    3,412

    Re: 5/3 AI 11 Results Show: Top 5 **West Coast Spoiilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by TeacherLady View Post
    Jessica AND Phil should be long gone in my opinion.

    I will miss that little firecracker Skylar so much, and I'm not even a country fan. How did Lauren last year make it to 2nd and Skylar (who I think is so much better) go out at 5th?
    I am a country fan, and Skylar was hit or miss for me. I didn't like either of her performances this week, but would not have put her in the b2, let alone booted. I like Lauren Alaina's voice better because she's not as screechy, but agree that Skylar is a better performer and seems more genuine than Lauren Alaina. I think Skylar will do well in Nashville.

    I really hope we don't end up with a Phillip / Jessica finale.
    If you have men who will exclude any of God's creatures from the shelter of compassion and pity you will have men who will deal likewise with their fellow men. - St. Francis of Assisi

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.