+ Reply to Thread
Page 24 of 31 FirstFirst ... 141516171819202122232425262728293031 LastLast
Like Tree543Likes

Thread: 4/12 Results Show **Spoilers**

FORT Fogey

Re: 4/12 Results Show **Spoilers**

Simon is gone and he is never coming back. LOL.

He can be seen on X Factor and he has made some doozy of mistakes there.

The show is not just surviving ; it is thriving. As much as I hate the whole judge behavior this week, this will boost the ratings.

I don't miss Simon. I miss Simon like a dog misses fleas, not at all.
    BTW likes this.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by Shoepie View Post
    All the exchanged expressions last night were about the shocker of the bottom 3 all the way to "what the hell is going on?" I don't think any of them would be exchanging glances that could be construed as catty or snide. They were stunned with everything including the judges storming the stage. Randy and Steven must regret following Jennifer up there.

I miss Simon. This show misses Simon. It is winding down; I cannot see it surviving much longer without a change in judges. Randy needs to be there for continuity. Jimmy would be good and a woman who has some edges and can speak the truth easily.
    I agree with you about the WTH . I do not think anyone was catty or mean although Steven already told everyone they's be using the save.I just thought the whole thing was so ridiculous and can't even imagine what these younger people were thinking.

I can't help thinking that maybe they were told in advance to keep their game faces on and be prepared for a shocker. Then maybe they were saying I had a feeling it was something like this or something. OK ... I'll take my mind-reader hat off now.

ETA I miss Simon on this show too,
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

The objective of the show is to find an "idol." The judges lost sight of that. Sure she can sing - she has an amazing voice - but is she the whole package? Is she greatly admired and loved? More so than the others who are there? It's not for them to decide. They did their part getting her there in the first place, now they should leave it up to the audience. Using their "save" was fine, but saying that America got it wrong was not. They're welcome to point out what talent they see, but by the same token, we should be welcome to pick which contestant we idolize.

That is all so very true. It's important, of course, that the person can sing well, but there are many interpretations of what "sing well" means, depending on the style of music. If the person is not perceived as humble and likable, "America" will eventually start directing their votes to another.
    Debb70 likes this.

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

Quote Originally Posted by ibot2much View Post
    Yup...add that to the list of annoying things the judges said and did last night. We vote for our FAVORITE Randy, even you know that dawg...you know...
    Actually, that's not true at all. Every year there is a HUGE throng of voters who -- for whatever reasons --- vote for the WORST. Maybe they think it's funny. Maybe they just like throwing a kink into a show --- showing their power --- who knows???? But the point is, the powers-that-be definitely DO know all about it, and I believe that is who Randy was directing his request to --- asking the voters to please vote for the BEST not the worst.

FORT Fanatic

Does anyone have any statistics about how much influence VFTW really has on the outcome? I have often wondered but have no clue as to how to research to find
    out. I'm sure there must be someone who does. I'm not doubting that they may play some part in the outcome, I'm just curious.

FORT Fogey

Exposure is most important. Winning is not the key as we have seen with Jennifer, Clay, Chis Daugherty and Adam to name 4. Then there is Kelly Pickler, too. The BS is not lost on the public. If the music is good they will get signed. This is a reallity show to sit back and enjoy. Embrace the silliness of it all. And it is silly. I do NOT take the word silly frivously. It is a serious condemnation. We have a silly situation here.
    Last edited by JavaJo; 04-15-2012 at 02:30 AM.

I would say VFTW has some sway early on when the voting is more fractured. By this point each contestant has a fan base that is larger than the VFTW fanbase and it matters less. Realistically if two people are getting low votes, it might tip the VFTW candidate a tad higher. But ultimately that might keep someone on for a bit, but talent/cute boys will win out.
    "How do you know the chosen ones? No greater love hath a man than he lay down his life for his friend. Not for millions, not for glory, not for fame... for one person. In the dark. Where no one will ever know or see." - Sebastion, Babylon 5

FORT Fogey

I do not believe this show is rigged. Nope. Makes no sense to do so.

+ Reply to Thread