+ Reply to Thread
Page 22 of 31 FirstFirst ... 1213141516171819202122232425262728293031 LastLast
Like Tree543Likes

Thread: 4/12 Results Show **Spoilers**

Re: 4/12 Results Show **Spoilers**

The one time save is just that - a one time save.. this isn't the first year they've had it so really no need to freak out about how it is or isn't used, if the other singer's fans are voting more than Jessica's then she will be in danger again, end of story. I think a big part of Jessica being in that situation is that her fans are not voting for her because they are assuming she will be safe, another part is she sang a song pretty much no one has ever heard on a night where the other singers are singing popular songs of just the last couple of years that are fresh in their minds. I think she made a horrible song choice and paid for it. I will find it more of a travesty, personally, if Phillip makes it much farther, he bores me to tears and if he ever decides to show some versatility and sing a slower song that requires having some vocal talent, it will be apparent that he doesn't have much of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    But nobody can get to the producers, the judges are front and centre on any show .I realise their remarks only carry weight if you let them . But I think its good for people to take umbrage with the way the show went, it shows they have passion.
    Nigel Lythgoe & Ken Warwick are always sitting right behind the judges.
    JavaJo likes this.

It sure got people talking though, didn't it?
    Uncle David, Madison_2008 and ilja like this.
    When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down "Happy." They told me I didn't understand the assignment. I told them they didn't understand life. - John Lennon

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker View Post
    I commented on this before--- there is an enormous man sitting next to Nigel....I questioned why he needed a body guard..... well, NOW he does
    Uncle David and Babycakee like this.

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker View Post
    And how does one GET to them? tweet them? I am not going to do that, I prefer to vent on here. Nigel and Warwick set this debacle up imnso, but the judges will be the fall guys.Ask me if I care.

I commented on this before--- there is an enormous man sitting next to Nigel....I questioned why he needed a body guard..... well, NOW he does
    LOL !

this isn't the first year they've had it so really no need to freak out about how it is or isn't used
    This is about how it was used, and how it made voters feel. Nobody disputes they have used it before.
    Last edited by Fanny Mare; 04-13-2012 at 06:34 PM.
    Babycakee likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Madison_2008 View Post
    The one time save is just that - a one time save.. this isn't the first year they've had it so really no need to freak out about how it is or isn't used, if the other singer's fans are voting more than Jessica's then she will be in danger again, end of story. I think a big part of Jessica being in that situation is that her fans are not voting for her because they are assuming she will be safe

Randy gave us a sample of that theme on MTV News a few minutes ago....fans thought she was safe so they didn't vote... blah blah.

I don't think any body is freaking out about using the save last night. It was going to be used...so why not with the golden child? Fans are annoyed at the judges' boorish, attention demanding behavior

Quote Originally Posted by yourefired View Post
    Honestly, I totally get the Carrie appeal. She obviously is doing something right when you look at her album sales and ticket sales. She is an it girl so Simon was right. But I don't think they blatantly pimped her the way these judges are doing with Jessica. It may be selective memory. I just can't imagine Carrie getting eliminated and Simon running on stage like Jennifer did last night. He would most certainly have saved her but I don't think it would have been made into the circus last night was.
    I don't think Simon would have run out on stage for anyone... save, sure, but not that... now Paula, that is a different story.
    Shoepie and Uncle David like this.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

We'll just see if she is in the bottom three again anytime soon...

I too, thought, them storming the stage and grabbing the microphone from her was ridiculous and uncalled for...

FORT Fan

When Randy had the mic at the end and said, "Please everybody please, vote for the best. It's about finding the best," I totally expected him to say, "Please everybody please, vote for Jessica." I guess nothing would surprise me at this point!

+ Reply to Thread