+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: AI 11 Jessica Sanchez

Urban Renewal - a new era BuckeyeAddict's Avatar

Re: AI 11 Jessica Sanchez

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies View Post
    Scotty gave us the hand mic as flute and now, Jessica plays it. Did you all notice the finger flutter when she held it in her right hand and went into a warble? (The long sound wave of vibrato.) I really like her voice, but she needs to work on her timing quirks.

From a distance in the auditorium, it wouldn't be noticed all that much, but TV camera closeups have brought that quirk forward as an annoyance to me.
    I think a lot of people are doing that with their mics (not that it makes it any more pleasant). My husband brought it to my attention that Carrie Underwood does it.

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeAddict View Post
    I think a lot of people are doing that with their mics (not that it makes it any more pleasant). My husband brought it to my attention that Carrie Underwood does it.
    I saw a couple of the girls doing that this week. It is annoying, no matter who is doing it.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeAddict View Post
    I first noticed it with Christina Aguilera.

Holly also did it during her performance on Wednesday night.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Bouncing Balls Champion

Another biased post but she's one of my following-though-not-fully-watching picks due to the fact she was on AGT back in 2006 (or at least I am pretty sure it was her).

So, if that is her, she would have been 10 years old. With this voice at 16, I can see where she performed previously as a child prodigy. You can also tell in her phrasing and breaths that she has had extensive coaching.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Last edited by jammyjoe; 03-10-2012 at 12:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies View Post
    Scotty gave us the hand mic as flute and now, Jessica plays it. Did you all notice the finger flutter when she held it in her right hand and went into a warble? (The long sound wave of vibrato.) I really like her voice, but she needs to work on her timing quirks.

From a distance in the auditorium, it wouldn't be noticed all that much, but TV camera closeups have brought that quirk forward as an annoyance to me.
    Yeahbut you know what, Cristina agrilaira does the exat same thing, its just part of the emotion that comes out when they sing..i dont even think they know they do it or cant help it
    I'll get you my pretty, and your little dog too...

I watched AI for the first time this season on Wednesday night. Jessica did a great job.

See the link below

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j...q4_5bSRRPWO9_Q
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Ah, you wait for the top 12 (13). That's pretty smart. Better odds you won't lose a favorite quickly.
    I'm sure Jessica will make it top 3. Whether she goes beyond that is up to personality. There are enough good voices this year and that isn't even always the criteria if you look at Idol history.
    Count your blessings!

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyK View Post
    Another biased post but she's one of my following-though-not-fully-watching picks due to the fact she was on AGT back in 2006 (or at least I am pretty sure it was her).
    It was her, there are youtube videos.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast