+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011
Like Tree62Likes

Thread: 2/28 AI 11 Semi Finals: Boys **West Coast Spoilers**

Who is John Galt?

Re: 2/28 AI 11 Show Thread **West Coast Spoilers**

I liked the guys and thought they were pretty good for the most part. Of course, I am no expert on singing voices, but I know what I like and have a few hunches on how the voting will go:
    Reed - very talented, good voice, outgoing (if a little quirky) personality. He's my favorite so far.
    Adam - good voice, but doubt he'll get very far (too conventional and not physically attractive)
    Deandre - he is physically beautiful, but his voice is too high and shrill for me. I'd like to hear him sing without the falsetto. He will go far because pre-teen and teenage girls will go crazy voting for him.
    Colton - the rocker dude persona works for him, the teen vote will be split between him and Deandre.
    Jeremy - like Adam, he has a good voice, but he doesn't stand out in the performance area.
    Aaron - great voice, but it isn't really about how well you can sing.
    Chase - handsome country boy with an okay voice (he does look like Brendan Fraser), but too bland.
    Creighton - one of the best voices, but almost too quirky.
    Philip - good looking guy with a bluesy rocker voice (I liked him), but will the voters?
    Eben - too young, too immature, and he's no Justin Bieber.
    Heejun - I love this guy because he is totally unique. His voice is sweet, but it is his quick wit and off-the-wall personality that may get him votes.
    Joshua - Wow - what a voice. If it was just based on voice, he would be in the top tier.
    Jermaine - Big guy, big voice and a super sweetie pie - what's not to like.
    Fanny Mare likes this.

Re: 2/28 AI 11 Semi Finals: Boys **West Coast Spoilers**

Oh, and something I forgot to mention:

Eben, the 80's called and they want their jackets back.

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ibot2much View Post
    ...I don't need to hear the judges tell me what I should or should not like. I make that decision
    I don't need the judges telling me what to like either. However, I would like to have a judge express what I think. Most of the time that was Simon. His style was unnecessarily abrasive, but at least he gave an accurate critique the great percentage of the time. Now, the judges evaluations of the contestant's abilities are generally predictable.

Case in point... Haley Johnsen's performance of Annie Lennox's Sweet Dreams was a train wreck, but listening to Jennifer and Steven you would never know it. Only Randy was honest about the performance. What's the point of having judges if they aren't honest?
    mesachick and Fanny Mare like this.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle David View Post
    I don't need the judges telling me what to like either. However, I would like to have a judge express what I think. Most of the time that was Simon. His style was unnecessarily abrasive, but at least he gave an accurate critique the great percentage of the time. Now, the judges evaluations of the contestant's abilities are generally predictable.

Case in point... Haley Johnsen's performance of Annie Lennox's Sweet Dreams was a train wreck, but listening to Jennifer and Steven you would never know it. Only Randy was honest about the performance. What's the point of having judges if they aren't honest?
    The problem is, there's always someone who likes something and someone who doesn't so how can we know what is "honest?" For example, I can hear something I really like and it gets panned by the judges, and/or it gets panned on here. So is my opinion that it was great not honest? That said, I would love for Steven to stop tellng everyone they are "beautiful."

I'd really like to go back and listen to what Steven and Jennifer said about the Sweet Dreams fiasco - sometimes they say it's terrible without saying it was terrible, if you know what I mean.
    If you have men who will exclude any of God's creatures from the shelter of compassion and pity you will have men who will deal likewise with their fellow men. - St. Francis of Assisi

+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011