+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: 2/15 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

Re: 2/15 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

Best part of the first hour? The Asian boy telling cowboy douchecanoe that he talked smack about him on camera. I love it!
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

There was some great talent on display during those solo performances.

By the way...for those that weren't aware, when the guy had to leave to go practice with the vocal coach then came back to play the drums ( can't remember his name), but the vocal coach was Katherine McPhee's Mother.

Anyone notice that most of the people passing out were the underage crowd? So my question is....if they are getting dehydrated, suffering from exhaustion and not eating properly...where the hell are their parents or appointed chaperones? Why aren't they making sure they are getting what they need? Like the girl who kept repeatedly passing out? Her mother said she was going to let her (very ill) daughter decide if she felt able to go onstage because she didn't want to take the heat from her daughter for getting cut. Uhm? The kid is under 18....she has more opportunities to do this. The auditions don't have a limit to how many times you can try out. And I think the one boy stumbled on the lyrics because he was worried about her, which shot his chances.

As a parent, I was appalled.
    BuckeyeAddict likes this.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

FORT Fogey

I am not big on underage kids being there. I always thought the minimum age should be 18. Of course X Factor really blew it out of the water with their 12 year olds...

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by JavaJo View Post
    Anyone notice that most of the people passing out were the underage crowd? So my question is....if they are getting dehydrated, suffering from exhaustion and not eating properly...where the hell are their parents or appointed chaperones? Why aren't they making sure they are getting what they need? Like the girl who kept repeatedly passing out? Her mother said she was going to let her (very ill) daughter decide if she felt able to go onstage because she didn't want to take the heat from her daughter for getting cut. Uhm? The kid is under 18....she has more opportunities to do this. The auditions don't have a limit to how many times you can try out. And I think the one boy stumbled on the lyrics because he was worried about her, which shot his chances.
    I thought the same thing - particularly with the severely ill AND contagious contestants!! It's easy to have virus run rampant among young folks (some colleges are having problems this spring in NJ and elsewhere)...STOP them before they pass out. There may be others who are not as tolerant of germs.

With the lowering the age in a previous year, I was worried that more would try and while talented, don't have the personal habits/fortitude to get through this rigorous process. I thought the age limit should start at 18 so at least they are of legal age to make decisions. If anything, raise the age to 30.

FORT Fogey

they should raise it to 30. then again 19 wants to be able to manipulate the kids so a 30yrs isn't easily sway

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker View Post
    By the way...for those that weren't aware, when the guy had to leave to go practice with the vocal coach then came back to play the drums ( can't remember his name), but the vocal coach was Katherine McPhee's Mother.
    We were wondering about that. There is quite a physical resemblance.

Had to SMH at the people who let themselves be interrupted by the thunderstorm. What?! The storm was OUTSIDE and they were INSIDE! When the Idols came to town during Lee Dewyze's season, we had tornado warnings and the show - at an outdoor amphitheater - went on as scheduled. It was raining sideways!

Most of our early favorites have made it through to Vegas. Hoping they are still there after tonight.
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker View Post
    I knew that right away - the resemblance is unmistakeable. I am surprised that the show didn't point that out honestly.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

Quote Originally Posted by Little Sew&Sew View Post
    We were wondering about that. There is quite a physical resemblance.

Had to SMH at the people who let themselves be interrupted by the thunderstorm. What?! The storm was OUTSIDE and they were INSIDE! When the Idols came to town during Lee Dewyze's season, we had tornado warnings and the show - at an outdoor amphitheater - went on as scheduled. It was raining sideways!

Most of our early favorites have made it through to Vegas. Hoping they are still there after tonight.
    The thunderstorms weren't messing them up. The show just used thunder sounds when they screwed up.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast