+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 20 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617181920 LastLast

Thread: 5/19 AI 10: Top 3 Results Show

Re: 5/19 AI 10: Top 3 Results Show

Haley's attitude was really getting to me these last few weeks. Besides the faces she'd make when the judges were discussing her performances, she would always have the last word, no matter what the judges said. The others would respectfully listen and not "talk back" to the judges. Haley also was arrogant when Ryan Seacrest would interview her. She would touch him, hang on him, then as Ryan was winding down the segment, Haley would throw off the timing of what Ryan had said to her by making some little snide remark back .....not sorry to see her go.
    I've learned that you shouldn't go through life with a catcher's mitt on both hands; you need to be able to throw something back.
    Maya Angelou

Quote Originally Posted by mslady View Post
    I would prefer to watch a humble, sincere country girl or boy rather than an
    overconfident, pretentious city girl who already deems herself to be an entitled super star. Oh, and I didn't notice any haybales in Scotty's front
    yard. I just saw a well manicured lawn in front of a very attractive home.
    I live in Central California and have hay bales everywhere! But then again, I own horses. Nothing wrong with hay bales. I am not a country fan either lol.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

I am a country music fan, but that doesn't mean I am going to like Scotty or Lauren just because they happen to sing country music. Wasn't there a show called Nashville star?

Anyways this is what TPTB have been angling for all season long. They wanted two teenagers who sing country music to battle it out in the F2.

That was obvious when Scotty and Lauren were shown multiple times during the audition rounds and showcased a lot during the entire season.

I know a lot of people are happy with this outcome, but I am bummed Haley isn't in the finals. Although, she might be better of not winning with the track record the past winners these last couple of seasons have had.

I sympathize with James' die hard fans now because even though we might not have agreed about who our favorites were the pain you feel when your favorite is eliminated stings.

At least we can all be happy that the finale is next week and all the contestants will be back to preform.
    "Treat others the way you want to be treated."

I don't like Haley I just found her to be pitchy all the time. Haley did not help herself by ruining a song from my teen years Benny & theJets. I wish the finale would have been Scotty & James. What a nasty look on Haley face tonight, further making me believe the drug rumors.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by MsDiva2007 View Post
    I don't like Haley I just found her to be pitchy all the time. Haley did not help herself by ruining a song from my teen years Benny & theJets. I wish the finale would have been Scotty & James. What a nasty look on Haley face tonight, further making me believe the drug rumors.

What drug rumors?
    "Treat others the way you want to be treated."

Lucy pulls the football away from Charlie Brown yet again. *le sigh*
    Count your blessings!

Quote Originally Posted by mslady View Post
    I would prefer to watch a humble, sincere country girl or boy rather than an
    overconfident, pretentious city girl who already deems herself to be an entitled super star. Oh, and I didn't notice any haybales in Scotty's front
    yard. I just saw a well manicured lawn in front of a very attractive home.
    I do not know what neighborhood Scotty lives in in Garner, but from the looks of it, it's one of the nicest, fanciest ones. I was told that his mother, a former teacher, works as a real estate agent.

Garner is a nice town, but most neighborhoods are more modest than that.

...I also love several styles of music and would have preferred a finale with 2 different genres.
    That's how I feel, too, Chacharo. and perhaps many others who were perceived as making anti-country music posts. It's not that we're haters of country music -- it's just that the finales are more interesting if there's some contrast in musical style between the two finalists.

Has there ever been a finale in which both sang the same genre of music? And I know there has never been a finale where both contestants were teenagers...Scotty and Lauren are too much alike to make it interesting.

The contrast is part (not all) of the reason I wanted Haley in the finale.
    Last edited by TeacherLady; 05-20-2011 at 07:47 AM. Reason: merge double posts

Won't be watching next week cause I could care less. Two country singers are more than I can take. Always fast forwarded through their performances anyway. Hopefully next year will be better.

I don't see the 'arrogance' in Haley that many of you have. Sorry, just don't.
    Roz

I thought I was wrong once, but I was mistaken.

chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Add It Up Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, BejeweledŽ 2 Action Champion, Little Protectors Champion spockwhat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter View Post
    Lucy pulls the football away from Charlie Brown yet again. *le sigh*
    I think Charlie's usual response is "AGHHHHH!"

It's not my belief that the judges were pulling for a Lauren/Scotty final all along, because evidence suggests otherwise. In fact, I think they wanted James in the final but the public decided differently. I also think they had Casey in it to win it, as they used their save on him (not saving the save for either Lauren or Scotty if that is who they wanted all along).

There are those who felt that the judges "didn't like" Haley and all I can say is that if those people are right, well, usually people have reasons for not liking someone and the judges know her better than we do.

I think Haley is a great singer, and normally I love it when a girl can belt a song and growl... but I didn't care for Haley's tone (sound). That's what it came down to for me. Personality or whatever aside, sometimes she just sounded like an imitation of the singer without changing up the song much. Listen to her imitation of the singers in her performances last time, it's incredible actually how much she sounds like the original performer. (I don't like that as a rule, but the Alanis one actually was pretty impressive. )

I will check out the final, and I'm expecting Lauren to win it.

Quote Originally Posted by mesachick View Post
    I live in Central California and have hay bales everywhere! But then again, I own horses. Nothing wrong with hay bales. I am not a country fan either lol.
    I live near Haley's hometown. I hung out there when I was younger. It is hardly a city. Its a suburb. And while there aren't haystacks laying around, there aren't skyscrapers eithers. lol!!!
    Last edited by libgirl2; 05-20-2011 at 08:47 AM.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

+ Reply to Thread