+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 24 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415161718192021222324 LastLast

Thread: 5/18 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

BTW
    FORT Fanatic

Re: 5/18 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Haley has very good stage presence. She's relaxed, and shows how she loves peforming. I think that is because she is a little older than the other two. Neither Scotty nor Lauren look as comfortable on stage. Too young. Although this has given them exposure to the music world. They need to finish high school and have some "youth" time before jumping into that.

FORT Fanatic

I think Haley is interested in an acting job more than singing. I think she is using this opportunity for exposure. I would not buy one of her albums
    because I can't stand her voice. Maybe she'll make it in acting.

I have a new love now JunkieGirl's Avatar

I've grown weary of this show I think. There is nothing exciting to look forward to, except that this show is almost over for the season. And it started out with so much promise, some very different voices and genres that these kids were performing.

I don't deny that these kids are talented because they are. Perhaps I just appreciate those people who have put some time in, paid their dues. Not kids who haven't even completed high school yet. No life experience to draw on, no doors slammed in their face, playing dive bars with only a few drunk people as your audience.

At this point it seems that Scotty has the best chance to win. He is the only male left and American Idol has not produced a male country idol before.

I missed the first round for all 3 of them.
    I really enjoyed Scotty's 2nd; his 3rd not so much.
    Enjoyed Lauren's 2nd & 3rd. They were good, but not great. I do think she has lovely tone to her voice, like the judges said.
    I did not really like Haley's version of Rhiannon. That's one of my all time favorite SN songs. Didn't really like Haley's version at all.
    Hated Haley's Alanis Morisette rendition. My cat ran from the room and I tried to, as well. It hurt my ears very badly.

I've still not been motivated to vote for anyone this season.
    I have thought, since I first started watching this season, that Scotty will win.
    I still think he will.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

I thought Lauren was the best of the night, with Scotty a distant 2nd. Did not like Haley at all, she killed two of my favorite songs & not in a good way.

Well I hate Scotty. He is the most boring of the 3 and he only sings country songs which I don't like to begin with. His range is limited too. I hope that it's a Lauren/Haley finale of it will be an utterly boring finale. Why did the judges pick country songs for Scotty and Lauren? They already sang 2 country songs each!!! What is this country theme week?! Good thing Haley was still in there or it would have been a doubly uneventful night. I wish James moved on instead of Scotty, he would have made top 3 and finale more interesting. Actually James and Pia would have been the dream Finale for this season.

Quote Originally Posted by MsDiva2007 View Post
    I am over Idol last week did it for me with James going home. Tonight I started watching will not finish. It's a shame the finale will blow if Scotty is not in it. Right now my feeling is the competition is down to two marginally talented singers and Scotty who will have a huge career once Idol is over.
    Wait... are you saying that you think that Scotty is the best SINGER of the three that remain? I'm not doubting that he will have a huge career (you don't need to do much to have a country career, but you have to be outstanding to be a star, ala Garth Brooks, Carrie Underwood, etc) but I'm asking if you really believe that he is a better SINGER than either of the girls.

FORT Fanatic

I can't believe nobody has mentioned anything about Haley FORGETTING THE LYRICS (more than once) during the Morissette song. I don't know the song word for word, but my 23 yr old daughter does...she stopped it and replayed the parts, telling me what the lyrics SHOULD have been. If this was the the first few rounds of elimination on the way to the top 24...she would have been summarily bounced. As for her singing ....she murdered the song .....cringeworthy (the adjective I'd choose for Rhiannon as well).

PS--not a Haley Hater here---I generally like her performances but I thought she was pretty bad tonight.

Man, I thought we would make it through the night without Lauren saying "thank you" into the mic as the final notes fade, but she had to toss it in on that last one...

Oh, and yes that was Elijah Wood next to a man in a dog suit. He's starring in a new FX remake of "Wilfred", a show about a man who gets a dog that he sees as a man in a dog suit. It premieres in June, so they're probably on the PR circuit. They must've run out of time to say anything.

+ Reply to Thread