+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Let's Predict Final Two

Re: Let's Predict Final Two

Quote Originally Posted by TeacherLady View Post
    Gonna go out on a limb here, and hope it doesn't crack off and dump me on the ground.

Haley and Scotty, with Haley winning.
    I still predict Haley and Scotty, but I'm rethinking predicting Haley for the win. After watching the Scotty festivities on local TV this afternoon, I'm not sure anything can derail the Scotty train.

I think he would have to shoot his grandma at high noon on the front steps of the Capitol to NOT win at this point.

I still predict Haley and Scotty, but I'm rethinking predicting Haley for the win. After watching the Scotty festivities on local TV this afternoon, I'm not sure anything can derail the Scotty train.

I think he would have to shoot his grandma at high noon on the front steps of the Capitol to NOT win at this point.

I think Scotty had this wrapped up early on and I happen to think even if he did shoot something it wouldn't matter at this point. He has always had the fan base to vote for him to win. This late in the game not even a horrible performance will ruin those chances.

Haley and Lauren are battling it out for 2nd and 3rd place.
    "Treat others the way you want to be treated."

Quote Originally Posted by Love_Me View Post
    I think Scotty had this wrapped up early on and I happen to think even if he did shoot something it wouldn't matter at this point. He has always had the fan base to vote for him to win. This late in the game not even a horrible performance will ruin those chances.

Haley and Lauren are battling it out for 2nd and 3rd place.
    You are no doubt right. But what do I know? I thought there was NO WAY Adam Lambert wouldn't win. I also thought there was NO WAY Crystal Bowersox wouldn't win.

Maybe I shouldn't say anything one way or the other about Scotty - I might jinx him.

For the record, I am a big Haley fan also, and would only be terribly disappointed if somehow Lauren wins. I don't dislike her as much as think she is the weakest candidate of the three remaining.

FORT Fan

Scotty doesn't need to win the Idol position in order to be the one of the bunch that sells the most records! I don't care who wins -- I have no favorite among these three -- I just am certain that Scotty will be the first lasting star from American Idol in several seasons. Like a few of the other second place finishers, Scotty would be better off not being the ultimate idol. (Kris Allen, Lee DeWyze anyone??)

Quote Originally Posted by Love_Me View Post
    I think Scotty had this wrapped up early on and I happen to think even if he did shoot something it wouldn't matter at this point. He has always had the fan base to vote for him to win. This late in the game not even a horrible performance will ruin those chances. Haley and Lauren are battling it out for 2nd and 3rd place.
    You are no doubt right. But what do I know? I thought there was NO WAY Adam Lambert wouldn't win. I also thought there was NO WAY Crystal Bowersox wouldn't win. Maybe I shouldn't say anything one way or the other about Scotty - I might jinx him. For the record, I am a big Haley fan also, and would only be terribly disappointed if somehow Lauren wins. I don't dislike her as much as think she is the weakest candidate of the three remaining.
    You know, I really don't get all the Scotty love and really don't consider any of them American Idols.

Yesterday I went back and listened to and watched some the auditions and a number of the AI performances of the likes of Kelly Clarkson, Carrie Underwood and yes, even runner-up Clay Aiken ... and these kids don't even come close. They just do not have the talent or stage presence of any of them.

Lauren is a kid with a great voice and Scotty just works the crowd. I topped off my viewing with a re-watch of the "I told you so" American Idol performance duet of Carrie and Randy Travis ... and can anyone see Scotty and Lauren there .... ever ? I really can't. I mean did any of these kids ever give you the chills or move you.

Lauren is young and may have a future when she grows up.

As for Scotty, I'm not so sure he will last. I find nothing new or exciting about him.

Hayley is okay, but I think her personality and entitled attitude will derail her unless she gets a huge dose of humility and gratitude.

The ones that would have been a fun and exciting Top 3 might have been Casey, James and Paul because they were all good ... and a little quirky.

Oh well ... these kinds of things happen on American Idol ... that is "losers" becoming winners in the business like ... Clay, Daughtry and Jennifer Hudson.

I am already bored with any of these 3 winning and of the 3 I would like to see Lauren win so she can get the benefit of the coaching and development the win would include.

I would love to see a Lauren Haley Top 2 with Lauren winning.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

None of these kids is at the top of their game yet. Carrie Underwood was a horrible performer and look how far she has come now. They will all grow by leaps and bounds given more experience.

I think Scotty and Haley will be Top 2 with Scotty winning it all.
    "Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."

FORT Fanatic

I was not sure that I would watch this year but went against my better judgment and watched anyway. I hate the judging method and it looks like this year has
    become the Steve/JLo promotion show.

I will be hoping for a Scotty win , but if Haley takes it all, my Idol watching days are over.

FORT Regular

Haley and Scotty, with Haley winning.
    I'm with Teach.

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeAddict View Post
    You're right - there are going to be a lot of people on that limb, including me. I think it will be Scotty and Haley.

Scotty and Lauren will probably split votes, putting Haley in the finale. Haley is that dark horse who came from behind and captured a lot of hearts in the meantime. I posted before that in the last 3 seasons, the front-runner was passed by the dark horse in the end. Heck, you can even go back one more season when Melinda was the favorite, but she was ousted just before the finale. Jordin could be considered a dark horse for that season. However, I'm not sure Haley can overcome Scotty getting all of the Scotty-Lauren votes. I do predict a very close vote, though.

The way this season started out, who would have thought we would get at least one female in the finale this season? I wanted to see James in there, but at least there is a chance of having a female winner this year.
    Jordan wasn't the dark horse, Blake was. Who would have thought a beat boxer with a nice but not great voice would make the f2?

I think the only way this is even a little close is if it's Scotty & Lauren.

Urban Renewal - a new era BuckeyeAddict's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by albean99 View Post
    Jordan wasn't the dark horse, Blake was. Who would have thought a beat boxer with a nice but not great voice would make the f2?

I think the only way this is even a little close is if it's Scotty & Lauren.

I was only considering Jordin as a dark horse because most thought Melinda would win from early on. But yes, Blake was an even darker horse than Jordin when it came down to the finale.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast