+ Reply to Thread
Page 23 of 33 FirstFirst ... 1314151617181920212223242526272829303132 ... LastLast

Thread: 5/12 Elimination Show Discussion *Spoilers*

Re: 5/12 Elimination Show Discussion *Spoilers*

I'm a James fan & since being humble is a trait I admire my votes will go to Scotty & Lauren. Of the three remaining singers Lauren has the best voice & Scotty has been the most consistant I don't care for Haley at all.

If I were a gambler, I wouldn't put all my chips on Scotty. Crystal was the top vote-getter all last season. Lee who?
    Count your blessings!

chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Add It Up Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, BejeweledŽ 2 Action Champion, Little Protectors Champion spockwhat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ranger1rg View Post
    yeah, it's really nice to get an AI because of a backlash against the judges. just what we need.

and do you guys really expect haley to have a big career? i mean, REALLY???
    Sure, a lot of hoosey, entitled, fake, relying on sexy, crappy singers make it in the music business. Why not Haley?

Seriously, I think she has some talent. I also think she needs to be open to criticism because she has a lot of improvements to make. That may be her downfall. She seems to be more focused on putting on a sexy image than improving her singing. Shame. (Did anyone else notice she stands with one leg straight and the other kind of tucked in front to appear thinner? It only makes her look like she has to pee...)

Sorry to the fans of Haley there, I just needed to vent.

As for winners of this season, I think it's actually Lauren who has the most potential to be successful. Country is a great genre for her and she's young so she has a lot of time to better her voice. (And it's pretty great already). She's lovely in that she comes off as who she is, without any pretense or feeling like she's trying way too hard.

I will miss James. His singing was great, but his screams were unbelievable! He really did rock in all kinds of ways.

FORT Fogey

I have a hunch that we won't see any of these contestants make a particularly big splash.

Urban Renewal - a new era BuckeyeAddict's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jammyjoe View Post
    Your argument is true if you are talking about Scott McIntyre who was actually bad and only got in because the producers think he's good for ratings and that he got far because of sympathy votes. James Durbin actually has talent one can't deny that and I don't think people were actually voting just based on his disability unlike the former.

Anyway, I was shocked to see both James and Scotty in the bottom 2. I was stupidly yelling at my TV to keep James instead of Scotty. Scotty will definitely win this now. He will get a boost next week after landing B2 so Haley and Lauren will be in danger. I was hoping for a Lauren, James, Pia F3 but that was never meant to be.
    Ryan didn't say Scotty was in the B2, and I seriously doubt Scotty was. They just did it in that order for shock value. When Lauren was the first one to get a chair, I knew something was up. My husband said he figured that meant Haley was also going to make it.

chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Add It Up Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, BejeweledŽ 2 Action Champion, Little Protectors Champion spockwhat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by shoepie View Post
    I have a hunch that we won't see any of these contestants make a particularly big splash.
    I think that's a fair assessment. Scotty has potential down the road (when he becomes a man and fits his voice ) but that may be years from now, and Lauren too. But nothing immediate. As for James, a lot will depend on his band. He needs a fantastic band and then, maybe.

1) I'd just like to say how much I hated that thing, whatever it was, that Jordin Sparks did. Talk about awful.

2) I don't think you guys should be counting out Haley just yet. From what I have been reading Adam Lamberts fans have been voting for her heavily.

3) Scotty & Lauren are likely to split a fanbase next week, which may indeed put Haley into the final 2.

4) I just believe Jimmy Iovine is anxiously awaiting the chance to get into the studio with Haley. Her ITunes recordings have been superb, can't wait to hear what she can do with some original tunes.

5) I just don't see Scotty making a huge impact in Country music. Yes, I think he'll have a fine career, but I think it's going to land somewhere between Josh Gracin & Kellie Pickler type of success.

6) Once Lauren gets into Country music, at least we will be able to point to Taylor Swift & say, "See Taylor that's what a young female country singer should sound like." Vocals over style & promotion.

To the Point

You know, we do NOT know these kids and what they are feeling and/or thinking, so I know that my take is no better than any other, but it is less cynical than a whole lot of those I've read.

I don't think any of these kids really wanted to see anyone else leave so much as they wanted to stay, and someone was going home. They knew it was part of the show, but I don't think they really wanted it to happen to any of the others left. I think these guys genuinely care for one another. There have been seasons when I didn't feel that this was the case, but this season it has truly felt like an especially close group.

I'm not so sure that Scotty really felt safe. He's not stupid! He knew that someone was going and regardless of rumors and perception, upsets happen. Scotty seems very self-contained on this show. Maybe he really is or maybe that's his coping mechanism to just get through it. I saw a conflicted young man who really wanted to hear his name, but knew in doing so James would be leaving, and I don't think he really wanted that either. I don't know Scotty, but I just get the feeling that he wants it, but knows that he would be okay either way. That gives a person a sense of peace when you can be in that place.

I really grew to love James on the show. I loved his story from the start. There was just something so deeply touching about his relationship with his wife and son. The boy can sing. I do prefer him without the screaming, but there were many moments I was more than a bit impressed. James had a vulnerability about him throughout this show that just drew me in. I hope he has huge success. I hope that someone helps him figure out the perfect formula to make this a fantastically successful career.

Lauren and Hailey deserved to feel relief and elation that they made it. They have both had moments when they were at risk. It had to feel good to know they were through. I don't think they were glad it was James, nor do I think they were surprised once they were safe that he went.

Scotty is a local guy so I have definitely wanted to see him do well. He has and I expect he will continue long after this show. He has great stage presence and he knows who he is. One can never be sure though. I would have been fine had he left because I do think he has probably done what he needs to do to make a good start in the industry.

That being said, I would have been okay with either of these four being eliminated. I think the final four were a very good final four. This show doesn't guarentee anything more than a golden opportunity and some $$ to go with it. The music industry is a tough industry. They will all have to work to make it.

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker View Post
    3) Scotty & Lauren are likely to split a fanbase next week, which may indeed put Haley into the final 2.
    I was going to say the same thing. And as Gutmutter noted above, Lee came from behind to beat Crystal, who had been favored from the start. It's been that way since season 7. David A was the early favorite, then David C caught on and won it. Adam was a strong favorite and many felt he'd win season 8. Kris came from behind and took the win. America seems to love the dark horse who comes from behind and peaks at the right time. But, song choice and presentation should count for a lot in the next two weeks, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Love_Me View Post
    Are James fans going to vote for any of the remaining three contestants or are they done now that he was eliminated? Will Haley gain votes now that James is gone? Do Lauren fans split their votes and throw a couple Scotty's way?
    My votes were split between James and Haley - and to be honest, I voted harder for Haley because I was getting fewer busy signals for her and I figured she needed the votes more. 100% of my votes will go to Haley now.

+ Reply to Thread