+ Reply to Thread
Page 25 of 30 FirstFirst ... 15161718192021222324252627282930 LastLast

Thread: 4/13 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

Re: 4/13 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

Quote Originally Posted by angelic_one2002 View Post
    Lauren and Scotty for me, were the top 2 of the night. They both sang on key, sounded good.
    Scotty was off key for large stretches of that performance.

I enjoyed last night. It was a musical evening. Some sang better, some entertained better. Get rid of short skirts/flashy outfits and what is left?

Quote Originally Posted by waywyrd View Post
    So true. James is like a little boy playing rock star in his bedroom. He tries, but...eh.
    Exactly! That's the best description of James yet! ;up

Urban Renewal - a new era BuckeyeAddict's Avatar

I don't know if I was expecting too much after last week, but I was very disappointed in last night's show. There weren't any train wrecks, but a couple that just weren't very good (Paul and Haley, both of whom I do like). I still don't like Jacob's over-singing, and don't care for country, although I think Scotty is good. Stefano still does nothing for me. I like Casey, and I thought he did a good job, but I did not like that song at all. Lauren and James were the best of the night for me. And even then I doubt I'll be looking to re-listen to those performances on youtube.

I didn't hear Scotty being off-key last night at all. At times he maybe was drowned out with his voice because of the music, but he was on key to my ears. I heard a few others flat on some notes, but not Scotty.
    "Success is falling nine times and getting up ten." - Jon Bon Jovi

Quote Originally Posted by angelic_one2002 View Post
    I didn't hear Scotty being off-key last night at all. At times he maybe was drowned out with his voice because of the music, but he was on key to my ears. I heard a few others flat on some notes, but not Scotty.
    I thought the backup singers were off with Scotty. He was fine until they came in and then it went off. I wish they weren't there. It would have been better.

I liked Scotty, but wish he had stuck with his orignal choice of song. I liked Lauren and James, although I don't care for the song he sung. I guess it was good if you like that kind of thing. I was disappointed in Casey. I adore him, but didn't care for his song. The one I cared for the least was Jacob. I don't know why, but I just do not enjoy his performances. I hope it was his last week.

My favorite performance of the night goes to Jacob, I really enjoyed hearing this one! Good Job!!
    To my ear Scotty was way off in several places, first time I noticed this from him. It sounded to me like the song wasn't at all for him...I would've thought GS would be a match. He should do some Randy Travis material.
    Haley missed the boat, sorry to say...man, this was not her best song. I love her but not this performance.
    Lauren was good, improving her look, IMO.
    Stephano excellent in spots, but overall was too overdone. I like the advice someone had for him to take a clue from Marc A.
    James was really good; loved the comments made earlier about Bo Bice. Right on!!!!
    Paul sorry to say this, but not good. Not a good song AT all!!!

Forgot to mention Casey...I like the jazzy flavor, did not like this particular song, or the facial expressions.

FORT Fogey

I have been a huge fan all season, glad for the changes that have been put in place, but overall it was just OK. Nothing really stood out for me. Actually what stood out was the over-the-top aspects of the production. Too many people on stage.....we want to hear the kids, not a slew of backup singers and FEATURED musicians. What was that rocker guitarist doing staying on the stage with James during the judging??? Get rid of the rag hanging off your belt James. We have seen the tail already.

Lauren's makeup and outfit were again too much. She almost had spiders on her lashes with the excessive fake lashes and mascara. Too much jewelry mwith scarves hanging from her bracelet..and while Lauren's hair was the best part about her....simple and pretty, what did mom have on her head???

I wonder if Paul got a new freebie suit from the maker in Nashville after wearing the other one a couple of times. That one was over-the-top.

Jacob and Stephano were my favorites. Jazz fans may have loved Casey, but I didn't. Scotty should tell them to leave out the backup singers; they didn't help him at all since he can go it alone.

Quote Originally Posted by ibot2much View Post
    I have been a huge fan all season, glad for the changes that have been put in place, but overall it was just OK. Nothing really stood out for me. Actually what stood out was the over-the-top aspects of the production. Too many people on stage.....we want to hear the kids, not a slew of backup singers and FEATURED musicians.
    They are starting to annoy me a bit too. I'm all for great arrangements and back up, but I want to hear the kids sing.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

+ Reply to Thread