+ Reply to Thread
Page 30 of 30 FirstFirst ... 2021222324252627282930

Thread: 3/16 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

Re: 3/16 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

Quote Originally Posted by YellowRose View Post
    Scottie could be a country music star now! Not sure he's an American Idol, but I think he can make country music just fine! He gave me goose bumps.
    What is an American Idol? I don't see why Scotty isn't just as qualified as the rest of the group to be one
    If you have men who will exclude any of God's creatures from the shelter of compassion and pity you will have men who will deal likewise with their fellow men. - St. Francis of Assisi

I have a new love now JunkieGirl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by liedenfrost View Post
    March 16, 2011: The Top Twelve

4. Scott McCreery. Donít get to say this often but Iíve met Travis Twitt. Used to date a girl who loved this dude, and dragged me to more concerts than I can recall. What could I say? I donít look like that.
    Haha Liedenfrost. Freudian slip perhaps?
    Sheldon Cooper: Woman, you're playing with forces beyond your ken

Penny: Yeah, well your Ken can kiss my Barbie.

Quote Originally Posted by echo226 View Post
    For a season that started with me thinking this was greater talent than we had seen it is certainly falling way short of expectations.
    Thus far, I agree. The only reason I watched this season was for the new judges and thinking things would change. During the auditions and Hollywood rounds I almost believed they had the best talent ever. But Dawg, it ain't happening and the judges are trying to make us believe it is by their critiques. Like we don't have ears. It ain't working for me thus far.

Will be interesting to see who goes this week and what the theme for next week is going to be. My wish is for Karen to go this week.

I have one request NO MORE BALLADS please.

I'm amazed when Randy criticizes contestants for not knowing who they are as an artist - I have trouble calling 15 and 16 year olds artists, let alone believing that they know who they are musically and pick appropriate songs. Their musical experience is based on Miley Cyrus, the Jonas Brothers, and Walt Disney, and the tune list is based on music from before they were in grade school. The better performers are the ones who know what they want to sing and how they want to sing it, and have the life experience to understand the words and sing them with feeling. Despite the fact that the youngest contestants always had a problem with this, they've lowered the age without lowering the expectations.

Quote Originally Posted by brierpatch View Post
    I'm amazed when Randy criticizes contestants for not knowing who they are as an artist - I have trouble calling 15 and 16 year olds artists, let alone believing that they know who they are musically and pick appropriate songs. Their musical experience is based on Miley Cyrus, the Jonas Brothers, and Walt Disney, and the tune list is based on music from before they were in grade school. The better performers are the ones who know what they want to sing and how they want to sing it, and have the life experience to understand the words and sing them with feeling. Despite the fact that the youngest contestants always had a problem with this, they've lowered the age without lowering the expectations.
    The other thing that bothers me about that is that some people get criticized for singing different styles and some are praised for "taking risks."
    If you have men who will exclude any of God's creatures from the shelter of compassion and pity you will have men who will deal likewise with their fellow men. - St. Francis of Assisi

+ Reply to Thread