+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819 LastLast

Thread: 3/10 Results Show *Spoilers*

Re: 3/10 Results Show *Spoilers*

Quote Originally Posted by LuvThisStuf! View Post
    Didn't JLo date PDiddy back in the day? Hated his song; liked the gal on the piano. Loved David Cook!!! I would love to see him live again!
    You got to see him in concert? Cool!

And yes, JLo used to date Diddy. They were quite an item for a while.

If anyone knows what next week's theme is, would you be able to post it? Thanks!!!
    I thought they weren't doing themes? Maybe it'll be "my favorite song".

ETA: I felt the timing of tonight's show was off, too. Everything was like a beat behind. Maybe because of the way they were eliminated.
    Great way of putting it. It's like you settled down for the group sing and the next thing you know, "What? It's over already?"
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

Hmmmm.....I must have missed that about not having themes. I wasn't always on board with theme weeks in the past, because I felt it was more difficult for some contestants to find the right song within that theme (except, of course, for Cookie and Adam Lambert - they were masters at picking the right songs and making them their own). But now that I'm thinking about it, these kids could really use some boundaries each week when picking out their songs. Otherwise they're like kids in a candy store - way to much to choose from, and very little guidance. I'll bet that Haley will pick out a Stevie Nicks song, because that's what Jennifer told her today (not a bad idea, actually). Anyway, I just think these kids need more help with song choice and maybe having a theme will help them focus.

Oh, and I did see David at the Top 10 concert in Chicago!!! I felt like a teeny bopper lol! It was fun to see everyone else, but David......outstanding!

i wonder if it was weird for J-Lo having Diddy on the show since they used to date (although it's been like 10 years ago, but still) definitely the right person went home.
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

Regarding theme weeks here is what was said prior to the start of the season.

Exclusive: Nigel Lythgoe Reveals New Challenges for American Idol's 10th Season - Today's News: Our Take | TVGuide.com

As previously announced, theme weeks will focus on decades rather than a particular artist. Jimmy Iovine, chairman of Interscope Geffen A&M Records, will act as an in-house mentor. Taken together, the changes seem to reiterate the producers' desires to create an artist, rather than just another winner.

Thanks for the info, Unk. It'll be interesting to see which decade they'll choose for next week!

I also read this in the article:
    Lythgoe says that judges Steven Tyler and Jennifer Lopez are taking their new jobs seriously. "They both listen intently, and don't make glib remarks," he says. "They give honest critiques."
    -- I hope they start giving those honest critiques next week.

Damn I almost got the bottom 3 perfect except for the safe order. But I really don't think Haley belongs there in the bottom 3. It should have been either Thia or Stefano with the weird arrangements. Frankly, among the top 10 that America voted into the finals Karen and Haley had the least number of fans. Karen, though less talented (too pageanty for me) is probably outvoting Haley because of the Latino contingency. I thought America should have voted in Kendra and Lauren T. for the girls and Robbie instead of Paul for the guys. And I feel sorry for Lauren T. for not even getting the chance for a sing-off.

Agree about Kendra and Lauren Turner. I feel really bad for Lauren because based off her TOP24 performance, she deserved to have made it into the TOP13. But she was virtually unseen throughout the auditions and Hollywood week, except for her dilemma with Jordan during the group rounds. As for Kendra, she was my favorite and it was tough to see her go. She really should have been chosen for that wild card spot over Ashthon. Look at Ashthon now -- not even making it past the first elimination. I think Kendra could have at least surpassed that.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

I wonder when Casey went to the hospital... had they already taped the group sing? Did they have to edit out any solo parts he had? Was his voice still there when everyone was singing? Did someone else lip-synch his parts and we didn't even notice?
    Count your blessings!

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter View Post
    I wonder when Casey went to the hospital... had they already taped the group sing? Did they have to edit out any solo parts he had? Was his voice still there when everyone was singing? Did someone else lip-synch his parts and we didn't even notice?
    Evidently he went in pretty early. He wasn't in the Ford Video.

Next weeks "theme" if you will....Songs from the year you were born!

Results shows performers....Lee Dwyze & The Black Eyed Peas.

+ Reply to Thread