+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 57 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: Scotty McCreery Season 10

Re: Scotty McCreery Season 10

Quote Originally Posted by Juls2 View Post
    I too am not a country music fan - but I think the dice have already been rolled on this one ... Nashville -> Country Music Superstar ->Will be around for the next 50 yrs. This kid is 17 yrs. old and it's rare that a talent like this comes along. The producers in Nashville will get hold of him and work out the kinks. If his voice sounds this good without being "processed", imagine what it will sound like mixed for a record.

As far as his "quirks" - do you remember Carrie when she was on Idol? She was like cardboard-woman. She was still, her stage presence did not exist yet and she hit a lot of shrill notes that season. I think Scotty is already light years ahead of Scotty. Image - well Carrie was always a pretty girl, very natural. But she has lost a ton of weight and glams up nice. Cap or cowboy hat on Scotty and he'll be fine.

This kid is going to be a huge star and he is going to be around and making music for a long, long time ...
    You are correct. I thought Carrie Underwood would make a terrible star because on AI she was so boring and lackluster. Boy, was I wrong! She not only had the voice, she came through with stage presence too. I had to eat my words after she became a star.

FORT Fan

Juls2 mentioned a cowboy hat or cap. Is there a reason he hasn't done that?

Quote Originally Posted by shoepie View Post
    I think Simon would nail him every week, and scold him for his old fashioned style, absolutely! He was all about being current and developing your own unique style. I miss Simon.

Scotty sounds like every other old time country man and he is just a young boy and has every reason to break the mold and do something new. He will not.

I miss Simon at times this season also, but I think he never was the biggest country fan. So if he bashed Scotty it would not shock me. It was rare when he actually enjoyed a country song.

A lot of country these days really isn't country at all. It has more of a Pop and Rock feel to it.

So Scotty reminds me of the old classic country style my grandpa grew up with and enjoyed.
    "Treat others the way you want to be treated."

Quote Originally Posted by Love_Me View Post
    I miss Simon at times this season also, but I think he never was the biggest country fan. So if he bashed Scotty it would not shock me. It was rare when he actually enjoyed a country song.

A lot of country these days really isn't country at all. It has more of a Pop and Rock feel to it.

So Scotty reminds me of the old classic country style my grandpa grew up with and enjoyed.

Yeah, I think Simon may come around on that hangup though. You can't argue with success. I suspect that Carrie has sold more CD's than any other AI artists and her music is considered Country. Simon needs to get over it.

There are also other great country artists, such as Taylor Swift, Garth Brooks, Rascal Flats, Miranda Lambert, Lady Antebellum, etc. They are very successful and I read last year that country artists do much better with concert ticket sales than any other group.

I found this article that says Kelly sold more than Carrie. Oh well, I'm not sure if it's correct. It sounds odd to me.
    http://popwatch.ew.com/2010/05/05/ke...ful-idol-alum/
    Last edited by Debb70; 04-05-2011 at 04:20 PM.

I mentioned a few weeks ago that Carrie has been successful and to my knowledge she had passed Kelley as the Top selling contestant to be on this show.

I am a fan of ALL country music new or old.

Obviously, Simon does not know everything about the country music business.

One of my beefs about Simon was that he hated country music and didn't mind saying so. He loved Carrie but that was about it. I'm not even a country fan but understand that it's very popular. I think Scotty's doing very well and like his voice. I have a feeling he's quite popular with the voters so will be interesting to see how car he can go. Right now I'm thinking he could be in the finals but too soon to tell.

The thing with Simon is that he can slant viewers to or away from a singer but that's not always fair when he's basing it on the genre and not the voice.

Quote Originally Posted by Love_Me View Post
    I mentioned a few weeks ago that Carrie has been successful and to my knowledge she had passed Kelley as the Top selling contestant to be on this show.

I am a fan of ALL country music new or old.

Obviously, Simon does not know everything about the country music business.

Me too, although, I didn't like it until I was in my 20's. As a teen, I hated it. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    You are correct. I thought Carrie Underwood would make a terrible star because on AI she was so boring and lackluster. Boy, was I wrong! She not only had the voice, she came through with stage presence too. I had to eat my words after she became a star.
    I don't get why she is a star even now. Every song sounds the same and her stage presence is awful still.

Scotty is going to be huge.

Scotty will be in the finals. IMO

Scottie did a great job last night proving he CAN do other genres (Elvis). For a kid of his age with a voice like that, he certainly should be in the finals.
    "Success is falling nine times and getting up ten." - Jon Bon Jovi

+ Reply to Thread