+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 58 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151656 ... LastLast
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: Scotty McCreery Season 10

Re: Scotty McCreery Season 10

I too am not a country music fan - but I think the dice have already been rolled on this one ... Nashville -> Country Music Superstar ->Will be around for the next 50 yrs. This kid is 17 yrs. old and it's rare that a talent like this comes along. The producers in Nashville will get hold of him and work out the kinks. If his voice sounds this good without being "processed", imagine what it will sound like mixed for a record.

As far as his "quirks" - do you remember Carrie when she was on Idol? She was like cardboard-woman. She was still, her stage presence did not exist yet and she hit a lot of shrill notes that season. I think Scotty is already light years ahead of Scotty. Image - well Carrie was always a pretty girl, very natural. But she has lost a ton of weight and glams up nice. Cap or cowboy hat on Scotty and he'll be fine.

This kid is going to be a huge star and he is going to be around and making music for a long, long time ...

I like Scotty, and I'm voting. I think he has as good a shot of winning this season as ANY of them.

^ ^ Very good post, Juls2. Scotty is amazingly talented, especially at 17 years old. He's a natural on that stage.
    "Success is falling nine times and getting up ten." - Jon Bon Jovi

Quote Originally Posted by angelic_one2002 View Post
    I like Scotty, and I'm voting. Scotty is amazingly talented, especially at 17 years old. He's a natural on that stage.
    Yes to all of that up there!

And yes, I am voting for Scotty -- not fanatically so, but I get in a few every week.

Quote Originally Posted by TeacherLady View Post
    I feel the same way about Scotty, and would not be a bit surprised if he wins the whole darn thing! Especially if he starts having better and better performances as the weeks go by.
    I would be shocked if he doesn't win. That doesn't mean I want him too. Either way we will be seeing him for a long time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marlena_M View Post
    All of you who like Scotty so much and believe he has a chance to win it all, I have only one question for you.... are you voting???? Because quite honestly it all comes down to only one thing and that's who gets the votes. I have absolutely nothing against Scotty at all. I just do not believe he has a snowball's chance of winning. As always... just my opinion.
    I am curious who do you think will win this season? I think Scotty will win, but I would love to see someone else take it.
    Last edited by Arielflies; 04-02-2011 at 02:25 AM.
    "Treat others the way you want to be treated."

Quote Originally Posted by Juls2 View Post
    I too am not a country music fan - but I think the dice have already been rolled on this one ... Nashville -> Country Music Superstar ->Will be around for the next 50 yrs. This kid is 17 yrs. old and it's rare that a talent like this comes along. The producers in Nashville will get hold of him and work out the kinks. If his voice sounds this good without being "processed", imagine what it will sound like mixed for a record.

As far as his "quirks" - do you remember Carrie when she was on Idol? She was like cardboard-woman. She was still, her stage presence did not exist yet and she hit a lot of shrill notes that season. I think Scotty is already light years ahead of Scotty. Image - well Carrie was always a pretty girl, very natural. But she has lost a ton of weight and glams up nice. Cap or cowboy hat on Scotty and he'll be fine.

This kid is going to be a huge star and he is going to be around and making music for a long, long time ...
    And just remember how many people were absolutely wrong about her chances post Idol. Wrong, wronger, wrongest. She has become the face of the show, perhaps we will never see another star of her magnitude emerge. Certainly, IMO, it will not be Scotty.

FORT Fogey

I don't know what you mean by her chances post idol.. I thought that the word was that she would be huge because country supports their own. Granted there were some concerns ,like with Faith Hill, that Carrie came up too fast and easy via AI, but no I do not remember talk that she would not be a success.

What Scotty does remains to be seen. If he is lucky enough to have a career, good for him. I don't think anybody is putting him in competition with Carrie

Quote Originally Posted by ibot2much View Post
    I don't know what you mean by her chances post idol.. I thought that the word was that she would be huge because country supports their own. Granted there were some concerns ,like with Faith Hill, that Carrie came up too fast and easy via AI, but no I do not remember talk that she would not be a success.

What Scotty does remains to be seen. If he is lucky enough to have a career, good for him. I don't think anybody is putting him in competition with Carrie
    People on this forum, during Carries season, flat out predicted huge failure for her. Go back through her thread & read some of the stuff...it's pretty funny looking back, but I got in a bunch of trouble defending her...

I think Scotty will have a career & probably a really good career, but it's always interesting to me how many times I see him praised but also see the statement "I'm not a Country fan, but...."

FORT Fogey

You have to admit that Carrie has grown tremendously since she left AI. If she hadn't, she might not have the success she has now. She had no sense of herself in regard to fashion while on the show. Some of the hair and clothing choices put on her by the stylists were horrible. Now her style is perfect. She wears top of the line clothing and it shows. Again, maybe she was able to find a personal stylist who works with her all the time, but it works. I give her credit for finishing her educaton too. Intelligence always shows and Carrie used her brains to make herself better

FORT Fanatic

I can't help loving Scotty!!! He is contagious....LOL

Don't know if he will win or not but I am sure of one thing, this kid has a career ahead of him.

FORT Fogey

I wonder how far into the Idol process Scotty would have gotten with Simon. I remembe he hated country, Broadway....actually he hated anything that was not "relevant" current Pop.
    Last edited by ibot2much; 04-02-2011 at 04:34 PM.

+ Reply to Thread