+ Reply to Thread
Page 57 of 57 FirstFirst ... 74748495051525354555657
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: Scotty McCreery Season 10

Re: Scotty McCreery Season 10

Scotty headlined for a concert at his own college, North Carolina State University, Packapalooza (mascot is Wolfpack) last week. It was FREE concert and a fun filled day of events!

Scotty McCreery headlines Packapalooza party in Raleigh | Music | NewsObserver.com

To the Point

Really nice interview with Scotty and a whole host of his best friends.
    Catching up with Scotty McCreery :: WRAL.com

This was great. I can't believe he is coming up on 21 - wow.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

I saw that on the local news. I'm so proud of this guy. His latest single did really well this summer. I wish great things for this young man. I would love to set him up with my niece who's about his age.
    angelic_one2002 likes this.

To the Point

I actually pulled this from an article/interview that Scotty had posted to his fb page in which he was mentioned. I thought it was interesting because it spoke to who he was and how he handled the pressure even at 17. I'm including the link but have pulled the parts that pertained to Scotty.

Don Was On Judging Guitar Center's Singer-Songwriter Contest | American Songwriter

Youíve also worked with undiscovered talent on American Idol, which is a nice parallel to this contest. Do you have any examples of how you mentored a contestant?

Iíve got a great story. I was brought in to work with Scotty McCreery. He was only 17 at the time, but he knew what we wanted. He wasnít going to sing to tracks, he needed a band. We were in the room with the producers, Jimmy Iovine and others, and we were choosing songs. The producers would suggest songs and the singers could also say what they wanted to sing. It was all done (song selection, recording, mixing) in the span of a weekend so you had to know what you wanted. It was fun but if you labored over it too long you were going to have a problem. One particular week Scotty wanted to do a Travis Tritt song that not many people knew. Everyone was telling him ďyou canít do that, no one is going to know it.Ē Now, I produced Travis Tritt so I knew it! And so Scotty, all seventeen years old, stands up and says: ďNo, the people who like me will know this song. And the people who donít like me arenít gonna like me no matter what I sing!Ē He stood his ground, because he knew what was right for him. And he knew who his audience was. He didnít play to the lowest common denominator. He stayed true to himself and was victorious. That was a great moment.

Thatís pretty wise and bold for a seventeen year old to stand up to Hollywood!

He was so cool under pressure. I was like ďwhatís with this kid?Ē And then I found out he was a pitcher in his high school baseball league. Then it all made sense. He was able to shut out all the noise and stay focused and maintain grace under pressure.
    Last edited by NCLurker; 10-04-2014 at 01:25 AM.
    Arielflies and Debb70 like this.

Can I Trust You With My Heart!!!!!!!! LOVE that song, but then, I am a Travis Tritt fan. Scotty was right.

Home Free a capella group who won the Sing Off have a rendition of Scotty's latest hit - Feelin' It.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZCbY2kn3hWo

Here is Scotty's video of the same song...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WKFcPnxeyWI
    Last edited by Arielflies; 10-07-2014 at 08:21 PM.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

To the Point

Well, since I seem to keep posting things, here's one more. This is about his 21st birthday and what he has asked of his fans.

Scotty McCreery Asks For An Uncommon 21st Birthday Gift ę Country Music News, Artists, Interviews – US99.5

Wow, that is special. I hope the organization gets more donations because of his birthday request.

Here is a behind the scenes look at filming the Feelin' It video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4_INnxmBN8E
    Last edited by Arielflies; 10-08-2014 at 02:52 AM.

+ Reply to Thread