+ Reply to Thread
Page 48 of 58 FirstFirst ... 3839404142434445464748495051525354555657 ... LastLast
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: Scotty McCreery Season 10

To the Point

Re: Scotty McCreery Season 10

Quote Originally Posted by ibot2much View Post
    that is great that the Opry family have invited them to sing already. Of course Carrie turned out to be such a breath,of life and fresh air for them, they are already positive about the AI kids.....I think Carrie might have had to do some convincing that she was the real deal---but she is certainly is loved in NAshville.
    Carrie performed at the same function the year she won. I think it is during the country music festival.

Quote Originally Posted by NCLurker View Post
    Carrie performed at the same function the year she won. I think it is during the country music festival.
    Carrie has appeared at the Opry on Tues. Night during CMA Music Fest every year since she won Idol. Her 1st year she also introduced to the crowd & sang at the football stadium. But her first performance for her soon to be peers was on a show that week called 100 top duets She sang Does He Live You with Jamie O'Neill to great applause.

It is a big week in Nashville with lot's of opportunities for Scotty & Lauren. They are also going to be playing in the charity softball game on opposing sides. Scotty will be on The Grand Ol Opry team & Lauren on the After Midnight squad.

To the Point

Scotty should enjoy the softball game. I think that might be an opportunity to just have some fun and interact. They probably haven't had many of those opportunities of late. Yes, I know it's still "work", but it's a more relaxed setting.

Scotty and Lauren were so cute last night at the CMT Video Awards. They were interviewed on the red carpet and introduced a live act by Lady Antebellum who were donating proceeds from sales of that song to tornado relief. Both of them were so poised and spoke their lines clearly and precisely.

Lauren wore the cutest yellow short dress with a full skirt - she looked like a flower in bloom. Scotty was in his gray suit with white shirt; but for all their cuteness, they couldn't out-cute the de-facto teen star at the event - Justin Bieber.

Justin won the belt buckle for a collaboration song and video with Rascal Flats, who yelled as they were leaving the acceptance platform, "We got Bieber Fever!"

The whole show emphasized the new country which is really rolling into rock and pop. The TV network even has a mash-up type show where people like Shania Twain and Train sing together. Keith Urban was up for an award as a duet with Jon Mayer. Poor Scotty and Lauren with their traditional roots (well, Lauren not so much) are dinosaurs before they even get a foot in the door.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

To the Point

I actually think you are a bit quick to sell Scotty short. He may fall short, but I don't think it'll be because of his traditional roots. He has the ability to do new country as well, although I don't think traditional country is dead. No one is guaranteed succes! He will have to work it just like all the rest. Time and hard work will determine his ability to find his place. If he doesn't so be it. I think he and his family are smart enough to realize that there are no guarantees. They were quite to the point in saying that Scotty knows that he will be expected to get a college degree.

I know Scotty can sing other than traditional. He can even sing pop and jazz, but I wonder if his youth and musical inclinations will hold him back in this fast changing commercial world. I'm glad his folks are pointing toward college. If he can balance a career with an education, more power to him.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Audio only YouTube

YouTube - ‪Lauren and Scotty at the Grand Ole Opry (Audio only) Part 2 Scotty‬‏

Scotty singing on the Grand Ole Opry Stage Friday, 6-10-11 (tweet photo) You can imagine the song he is singing...this big.

BTW: The softball team he played on (TeamOpry) lost the charity game. People were saying he was smiling and laughing and having a good time regardless.
    Last edited by Arielflies; 06-12-2011 at 02:28 AM.

Scotty was introduced to the CMA Music Fest Stadium crowd last night & got to sing a duet with Josh Turner in front of 50,000.

Whichever Sirius station I was listening to in the car today was playing the live Opry version of I love You This Big. Lot of screaming at the end of it.
    If you have men who will exclude any of God's creatures from the shelter of compassion and pity you will have men who will deal likewise with their fellow men. - St. Francis of Assisi

Carrie brings Scotty & Lauren on stage at the Opry for the very first time.

+ Reply to Thread