+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Paul McDonald Season 10

Re: Paul McDonald Season 10

The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart. Helen Keller

Quote Originally Posted by Misty8723 View Post
    I think they're steering them in the direction of whatever their agenda is, not was is best for the contestant. The smart ones listen and then do what they feel is best for them. The one's who may not be so confident get tied up in knots trying tobe something they are not.

I like Paul's voice, but I agree he does best when he sings his own songs. I would buy some of the ones I've heard with his band pre-Idol. I'm sorry he's gone, he was a lot of fun.
    Where can you get them?
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

BTW
    FORT Fanatic

Missing the boy already. Idol will not be the same without Paul.

"Treat others the way you want to be treated."

YouTube - Dancing With The Angels Meg's Song by Hightide Blues

Paul wrote this for a friend who died. Read the comments underneath.
    Count your blessings!

Quote Originally Posted by waywyrd View Post
    I have to agree, I don't think the producers are really steering these guys in the right direction. I haven't been impressed by their advice this season, experts or not.

So sad to see Paul go. I know he wasn't going to win, but still. He brought an element of quirky, fun weirdness that nobody else has this season. And yes, I'd probably buy his stuff when it's released. I realize his voice and style aren't everyone's cup of tea, but I found it oddly pleasant to listen to.
    ITA, especially what I bolded.

I think I wrote earlier that Paul isn't the type of artist who could easily cover other artists. His voice and style are uniquely his own. I'm so glad he made it this far in the Idol process because now more people have been exposed to his music and his fans are discovering his songwriting talents as well.

Babycakee has posted some excellent links to Paul's songs on youtube. Thank you for those I've always loved American Dreams, but now I love more of his songs (Dancing With The Angels is amazing) and think his collaboration with Kendra Chantelle will go very far.

AI was great exposure for Paul. I'm till bummed that he's gone, because the rest are a cookie cutter variety of singers. (Casey isn't, but I'm getting more & more disappointed with his performances.) So, I'm going to be buying Paul's old music, and will be looking forward to buying the new stuff when it comes out.

If anyone comes across any more new info on Paul's music, and any record releases with Kendra, please post them here. I'll do the same!! Thanks!

Peter Facinelli 'Stoked' To Nab 'Idol' Castoff Paul McDonald For 'Loosies'

Nikki Reed, Facinelli's 'Twilight' co-star and McDonald's girlfriend, brought the pair together for indie film's soundtrack.

When he hasn't been busy with the box-office-dominating "Twilight" movies or Showtime's hit show "Nurse Jackie," Peter Facinelli has been working on a passion project, "Loosies," an independent film he wrote, produced and stars in.

In addition to enlisting a high-caliber crew of actors for the project, MTV News has exclusively learned that Facinelli has teamed up with a very special musician to contribute music to the film's soundtrack: recent "American Idol" castoff Paul McDonald.

We caught up with Facinelli on Monday (April 18) to get the scoop on his exciting collaboration.

"I was telling Nikki [Reed, McDonald's girlfriend and Facinelli's 'Twilight' co-star] I was looking for music for my movie, and she said, 'You should look through Paul's stuff,' " Facinelli recalled. "She was a big fan of his, I heard, and I thought it really worked for my movie, so I played some tracks over it, where we had temp tracks, and it just all worked. So I reached out to Paul, I sent him the movie, and he enjoyed it a lot, and he said he wanted to be a part of it, which I was stoked."

Facinelli added that McDonald's original music is really inspirational and fit well with what he was doing on "Loosies."

"He has a band, and his band stuff is very different then what he was doing on 'American Idol,' " Facinelli said. "I heard him on 'American Idol,' and I thought he was great, but when I heard the band, it's very distinct and has a voice of its own, and I like the originality of it," he explained. "So we'll probably use most of the music from the two albums he has out now on iTunes," which were recorded under the band names the Grand Magnolias and High Tide Blues.

"Loosies" revolves around a pickpocket in New York, caught up in a fast-paced, hustlin' lifestyle, until he is confronted by a woman with whom he had a one-night stand and is now pregnant. Facinelli is putting the finishing touches on the film before setting out to find distribution and hopefully a theatrical release.
    Peter Facinelli 'Stoked' To Nab 'Idol' Castoff Paul McDonald For 'Loosies' - Music, Celebrity, Artist News | MTV
    "Treat others the way you want to be treated."

That's great, I'm glad for him. His original stuff with his band is much better than what he was doing on Idol. And I think Paul's already doing better than last year's winner, what's-his-face.
    It was me. I let the dogs out.

It seems that musicians who have already been in the business a while (Adam, Crystal, Paul, etc.) benefit from the exposure and contacts whether they win or not. So, yay!
    Count your blessings!

Wow!! This is such good news! So glad for Paul!
    Congratulations, Paul!!!

+ Reply to Thread