+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 23 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Jacob Lusk Season 10

FORT Fogey

Re: Jacob Lusk Season 10

I think this guy gets a lot of undeserved criticism. I thought the "mirror" comment was very strange. But I would be lying if I said that he meant it as an insult or a that he meant it as a joke. He wasn't laughing so it didn't seem like a joke. He seemed sort of sad when he said it. He also was not spirited or angry. Personally, I think he meant it in reference to him choosing that song over "Let's Get It On." That's the only thing that makes sense. But because the intent was not clear, I am not going to paint this guy into the villain over it.
    I know I have said this before but I would like someone who is a fan of Adam Lambert, Siobhan Magnus, or James Durbin to tell me how they can justify not liking Jacob because "he is too dramatic" when he sings while liking any of those 3.

Quote Originally Posted by RealityLovesMe View Post
    I think this guy gets a lot of undeserved criticism. I thought the "mirror" comment was very strange. But I would be lying if I said that he meant it as an insult or a that he meant it as a joke. He wasn't laughing so it didn't seem like a joke. He seemed sort of sad when he said it. He also was not spirited or angry. Personally, I think he meant it in reference to him choosing that song over "Let's Get It On." That's the only thing that makes sense. But because the intent was not clear, I am not going to paint this guy into the villain over it.
    I know I have said this before but I would like someone who is a fan of Adam Lambert, Siobhan Magnus, or James Durbin to tell me how they can justify not liking Jacob because "he is too dramatic" when he sings while liking any of those 3.
    Thank you.

Jacob is the best singer of the season, technically anyway, and I love how he puts his heart and soul into every performance (unlike someone like Pia).

The mirror comment was a bit strange but I get the feeling that it was edited poorly and there was something we missed there.

The mirror comment was said in the context of jacob changing his song. My guess is that producers asked why he was taking such a big risk to abandon the fantastic marvin gaye song and what would he think if people rejected his choice of mirror over the sexier blues song. He, awkwardly said he would do a good job on either song and that mirror was a worthy choice and that people should be tolerant of his risk taking. .
    "Tons of surprises, but it wouldn't be 'American Idol' without it, would it?" Cowell told MTV News. "At the end of the day, I could go out and find 12 great singers, but that's kind of boring. The fact that there's people there who shouldn't be there makes it 'American Idol.' "

FORT Fogey

I expect to see him out in the next two or three weeks. His being in the bottom last week told me that he has probably been hovering mid pack. The judges praise led me to believe he is a front runner but I don't think so, now. They praise most everyone. Should he go next week are we going to see the judges get angry again? It is clear they think Stephano should go before anyone else. They did everything but say that.

It almost makes me want to vote for Stefano rabidly so I can see another judges' meltdown. They are not earning their pay. When does X-Factor debut?
    Count your blessings!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter View Post
    It almost makes me want to vote for Stefano rabidly so I can see another judges' meltdown. They are not earning their pay. When does X-Factor debut?

I don't like the judging this season. I started with an open mind and the audition offered promise but they are not delivering now.

I don't know when X Factor starts. Apparently it is going to be more like Americas got Talent in that all forms of entertainment will be competing. I am not excited about that but I hope Simon's creative efforts prove me wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by RealityLovesMe View Post
    As a fan of Adam and James, I'll give my thoughts on that.

The three artists you mention look natural. I don't see them being over dramatic at all. Especially James and Adam. They are rockers, rockers are dramatic lol, but again they look normal while they perform. Especially James who has Tourettes, controls his facial movements better than Jacob does. Jason, for me anyway, just really really bugs me when he performs. Now, when he had that chick performing with him last week, he seemed to loosen up on his facial contortions, and I thought that really helped him to have a better performance than previous weeks. JMHO

Obviously many folks took his comment offensively, which is probably what helped send him down to the bottom three. I don't know that he was referring to his changing of the song when he said what he did. While it would make sense, he specifically was referring to his singing/performance when he said that, not his song choice. I love R&B music too, but Jacob just isn't as good as the judges are propping him up to be.
    Last edited by mesachick; 04-10-2011 at 12:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mesachick View Post
    As a fan of Adam and James, I'll give my thoughts on that.

The three artists you mention look natural. I don't see them being over dramatic at all. Especially James and Adam. They are rockers, rockers are dramatic lol, but again they look normal while they perform. Especially James who has Tourettes, controls his facial movements better than Jacob does. Jason, for me anyway, just really really bugs me when he performs. Now, when he had that chick performing with him last week, he seemed to loosen up on his facial contortions, and I thought that really helped him to have a better performance than previous weeks. JMHO

Obviously many folks took his comment offensively, which is probably what helped send him down to the bottom three. I don't know that he was referring to his changing of the song when he said what he did. While it would make sense, he specifically was referring to his singing/performance when he said that, not his song choice. I love R&B music too, but Jacob just isn't as good as the judges are propping him up to be.
    To me, everything about Jacob sceems gospel. His clothes, mannerisms, vocals, etc. I don't like R&B (too many runs), but he seems more gospel than R&B.
    If you have men who will exclude any of God's creatures from the shelter of compassion and pity you will have men who will deal likewise with their fellow men. - St. Francis of Assisi

as always just my opinion Marlena_M's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by shoepie View Post

I don't like the judging this season. I started with an open mind and the audition offered promise but they are not delivering now.

I don't know when X Factor starts. Apparently it is going to be more like Americas got Talent in that all forms of entertainment will be competing. I am not excited about that but I hope Simon's creative efforts prove me wrong.
    Not quite... X Factor is still a singing competition. It's not for "all forms of entertainment".

Personally I find these humane mouse traps rather ineffective. Better to lay down some glue and when you hear the critter scream you take a shovel to his head.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Marlena_M View Post
    Not quite... X Factor is still a singing competition. It's not for "all forms of entertainment".
    Excellent! Thanks. Will it include groups? There is something different about it.

+ Reply to Thread