+ Reply to Thread
Page 36 of 46 FirstFirst ... 2627282930313233343536373839404142434445 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Haley Reinhart Season 10

Re: Haley Reinhart Season 10

Quote Originally Posted by Gina28 View Post
    Maybe the judges are sick of her constant mugging in the camera and giving off the vibes she thinks she's already won it.

Too bad Scotty's dad couldn't do a duet with him on stage to garner sympathy votes, too. lol
    Regarding your first comment... maybe you're right. (although I disagree) But, I find it somewhat odd then that the she's garnering so much respect and admiration from the music industry.
    The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart. Helen Keller

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker View Post
    Just 1 example from 1 week.

Haley was taken to the woodshed for singing an unreleased & unfamiliar song by Lady Gaga, a song, by the way suggested by Jimmy.

Meanwhile, Lauren was congratulated for singing an unreleased & unfamiliar song by Carrie Underwood. A song, by the way, that Lauren dropped words & chopped phrases throughout because her breath control was out of control.

It has happened on an almost weekly basis. Just last night, JLo gave the 3rd round to Lauren before Haley ever even sang a note.
    Yeah, that was pretty outrageous, too. In the past, the judges were always careful to say that this was the best performance so far in the show.

Frankly, I think this is a ploy by the producers. I cannot believe that the judges really think that the amateur Lauren is a brilliant singer compared to Haley. There must be some "script" the judges are following to jack up the drama of the show. Target one talented contestant for criticism, then watch the show's voting numbers go up. It's a terribly cynical ploy. Yeah, in the end run it might help Haley's voting numbers, but it's a cruel way to deal with a contestant onstage.
    --
    --
    Last edited by pillbeam; 05-19-2011 at 06:47 PM.
    "Tons of surprises, but it wouldn't be 'American Idol' without it, would it?" Cowell told MTV News. "At the end of the day, I could go out and find 12 great singers, but that's kind of boring. The fact that there's people there who shouldn't be there makes it 'American Idol.' "

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeAddict View Post
    Her dad's presence on stage gets her sympathy votes? Why is that something to be pitied? He seemed to play pretty well.
    Yeah, he pretty good. It was fun to see them together.
    --
    --
    "Tons of surprises, but it wouldn't be 'American Idol' without it, would it?" Cowell told MTV News. "At the end of the day, I could go out and find 12 great singers, but that's kind of boring. The fact that there's people there who shouldn't be there makes it 'American Idol.' "

Quote Originally Posted by Babycakee View Post
    Regarding your first comment... maybe you're right. (although I disagree) But, I find it somewhat odd then that the she's garnering so much respect and admiration from the music industry.
    That's 'cause the pros in the music biz don't have to kowtow to Nigel's script which seemingly says that Haley needs to be run over with an eighteen wheeler every week. They also have very good ears and they can tell that her voice is something else; in a different league than the rest of the contestants.
    "Feel the sky blanket you/ With gems and rhinestones/ See the path cut by the moon/ For you to walk on" - EV

I don't always agree with the judge's comments, but I don't think they have been all that unfair in their criticism of Hailey. Yes, I thought their words about the new Lady GaGa song were off. She did a great job on that song. That was uncalled for.

But, they have spoken to Lauren about her nerve problem and her not going for notes and her not being like she was when she auditioned. They have said that to her a bunch. They also criticized Lauren for doing one of her songs. I can't recall it now, but they though it was too average of a song. They also told Scottie last night that he was pitchy in 2 of his songs and didn't give him much credit like they did with Haley and Lauren.

There have been nights they praised Haley like crazy. Remember when she and Cassie sang together and then the night she did House of THe Rising Sun. You would have thought she had already won by the praise they gave her. EVEN a standing ovation!

Last night they said she did better than Scotty and tied with Lauren. I don't see how that is throwing her under the bus.

Quote Originally Posted by pillbeam View Post
    Yeah, that was pretty outrageous, too. In the past, the judges were always careful to say that this was the best performance so far in the show.

Frankly, I think this is a ploy by the producers. I cannot believe that the judges really think that the amateur Lauren is a brilliant singer compared to Haley. There must be some "script" the judges are following to jack up the drama of the show. Target one talented contestant for criticism, then watch the show's voting numbers go up. It's a terribly cynical ploy. Yeah, in the end run it might help Haley's voting numbers, but it's a cruel way to deal with a contestant onstage.
    --
    --
    I can. Lauren's brilliance shines by hitting every note right on key. Country is her genre..and that's where she shines.
    "Success is falling nine times and getting up ten." - Jon Bon Jovi

Quote Originally Posted by angelic_one2002 View Post
    I can. Lauren's brilliance shines by hitting every note right on key. Country is her genre..and that's where she shines.
    Lauren has a beautiful voice and she doesn't need to scream to be a brilliant singer.
    If you have men who will exclude any of God's creatures from the shelter of compassion and pity you will have men who will deal likewise with their fellow men. - St. Francis of Assisi

Everyone should do themselves a favor & head over to USA Today Idol CHatter & read the reviews of the studio recording from this week. Haley is once again put at the top of the list to a glowing review.

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker View Post
    Everyone should do themselves a favor & head over to USA Today Idol CHatter & read the reviews of the studio recording from this week. Haley is once again put at the top of the list to a glowing review.
    I personally don't care about reviews. I know what I like and I'm not swayed by anyone else's review - positive or negative.
    If you have men who will exclude any of God's creatures from the shelter of compassion and pity you will have men who will deal likewise with their fellow men. - St. Francis of Assisi

Quote Originally Posted by Misty8723 View Post
    Lauren has a beautiful voice and she doesn't need to scream to be a brilliant singer.
    Yeah I agree. Lauren does not scream. If only someone had warned James about that, it might have helped him.
    --
    --

+ Reply to Thread