+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Casey Abrams Season 10

Re: Casey Abrams Season 10

I had mixed feelings about Casey's performance last night. On the one hand, I loved the originality of it. I LOL at JLo's remark about making the bass sexy. OTOH, that song is one of my least favorite rock songs. I find it incredibly boring. I really hope that Casey goes through, however, because now I look forward to what he's going to do.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

I enjoyed Casey's performance last night. That was two weeks in a row he won me over. The pressure for him to be consistent going forward is an issue I do worry about.
    "Treat others the way you want to be treated."

I know I'll probably get booed off the board but I thought Casey was horribly boring last night. I honestly started out this season really liking him but each week he just gets worse and freakier.
    The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart. Helen Keller

Quote Originally Posted by Babycakee View Post
    I know I'll probably get booed off the board but I thought Casey was horribly boring last night. I honestly started out this season really liking him but each week he just gets worse and freakier.
    I agree about last night. Maybe I lack culture, but that song was way too boring. I like the guy and have liked everything he has done until last night. I hope he will be okay. I have predicted him in the bottom 3 for tonight, but safe nonetheless.

I wish he had performed Moon Dance by Van Morrison. I checked and it was a theme song from American Werewold in London years ago. It probably wasn't on their list of songs to chose from though. Has it already done this song or did I dream about it. I can't recall. I just think he would do this song very well. It features the bass.
    Last edited by Debb70; 04-14-2011 at 06:47 PM.

FORT Fan

I agree. At first, the "save" seemed to humble him, but tonight (and in subsequent weeks) no one can help him out. He gives me the feeling that he and sobriety are not close friends.

I worry that several of them will fall apart when they get the boot...perhaps it is the uber-kindnesses of the judges, but quite a few contestants are not as amazing as they believe themselves to be.

And, may I ask, WHY are the judges encouraging these kids to ignore Jimmy Iovine? If Jimmy is a clueless wonder, then why did they hire him to begin with??

Quote Originally Posted by Tammi View Post
    I agree. At first, the "save" seemed to humble him, but tonight (and in subsequent weeks) no one can help him out. He gives me the feeling that he and sobriety are not close friends.

I worry that several of them will fall apart when they get the boot...perhaps it is the uber-kindnesses of the judges, but quite a few contestants are not as amazing as they believe themselves to be.

And, may I ask, WHY are the judges encouraging these kids to ignore Jimmy Iovine? If Jimmy is a clueless wonder, then why did they hire him to begin with??
    There were more than a couple who should have definitely heeded Jimmy's advice last night ... they might get
    The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart. Helen Keller

IMO Jimmy has come off as quite unprofessional. I had a difficult time buying that he was a legit music producer, however, I googled him and he really is the real thing. I think I would trust his advice based on his experience and reputation. I still think he comes off as very odd though. He acts more like he is discussing digging a ditch or laying a roof, than preparing for a major television performance. He remind me of someone on a construction crew not a professional producer. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Tammi View Post

Excellent Post!

I liked him the last two weeks after the judges saved him. Last night I was bored to tears and I happen to be a fan of Jazz music.

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    IMO Jimmy has come off as quite unprofessional. I had a difficult time buying that he was a legit music producer, however, I googled him and he really is the real thing. I think I would trust his advice based on his experience and reputation. I still think he comes off as very odd though. He acts more like he is discussing digging a ditch or laying a roof, than preparing for a major television performance. He remind me of someone on a construction crew not a professional producer. LOL

The judges can't seem to find the courage to give these contestants any constructive criticism. So someone has to give them a Reality Check. Jimmy doesn't strike me as the most endearing person obviously, but he knows how to make an artist successful.
    Last edited by Arielflies; 04-15-2011 at 01:19 AM.
    "Treat others the way you want to be treated."

No booing from me! I thought he was a total snooze last night.

I liked him initially & in the H'wood rounds, but as soon as he was in the top 13, he lost me. Then when the judges used the save, his over-the-top reaction really lost me. I know a lot of people say they believe it was sincere, but I'm not buying it. The shaking was over-the-top, acting like he was going to faint, etc. It just totally put me off him to the point of no return.
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I'd like to hear Casey do some bluesy music.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

+ Reply to Thread