+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 30 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Pia Toscano Season 10

Re: Pia Toscano Season 10

I'm looking forward to seeing Pia's performance this week. I'm not a big fan of the Whitney/Maria/Celine genre but like Pia's voice. I wish she'd go more Kelly Clarkson's direction one week and show that she can do more up to date music. I did see Celine doing that song more recently on YT and can see Pia doing a similar version.

Quote Originally Posted by Magnum View Post
    Her singing is almost as fake as her nose.

Not that I'm complaining, she's pretty easy on the eyes..
    You really think her nose is fake? But it's so big! I can't see someone picking that nose if they had a choice.

Quote Originally Posted by its_glinda_now View Post
    You really think her nose is fake? But it's so big! I can't see someone picking that nose if they had a choice.
    I don't know, on another forum they were speculating that she'd had some work done there, and also on "other areas" *hint hint* Dunno if it's true or not.

Quote Originally Posted by albean99 View Post
    I'm looking forward to seeing Pia's performance this week. I'm not a big fan of the Whitney/Maria/Celine genre but like Pia's voice. I wish she'd go more Kelly Clarkson's direction one week and show that she can do more up to date music. I did see Celine doing that song more recently on YT and can see Pia doing a similar version.
    Unfortunately, I'm not a fan of any version... or the song for that matter.
    The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart. Helen Keller

as always just my opinion Marlena_M's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    I hadn't noticed that. Really? I think the only feature that catches my attention on tv are ears. When ears are very promient and stand out, it distracts me and I wonder why they haven't addressed it. I guess some people don't concern themself with things like that.

I want her to do well because there is always room for artists with big voices who can really deliver a song. Is she afraid of doing something different? I hope she really can do it.
    Given what you said I can imagine watching James Durbin is really getting to you! LOL!!!

Personally I find these humane mouse traps rather ineffective. Better to lay down some glue and when you hear the critter scream you take a shovel to his head.

Quote Originally Posted by Marlena_M View Post
    Given what you said I can imagine watching James Durbin is really getting to you! LOL!!!
    Especially last night -- when lit from behind his ears glowed red. Poor James -- but I enjoyed his performance greatly.

Pia was very good vocally, but just too stiff or something, can't quite put my finger on it.

I enjoyed so much more the performance of that song on a Glee Season 2 episode called "Duets", when the Mercedes and Santana characters sang it. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_8mlMHtWVnk (Ignore Italian subtitles Ha Ha)

Now that had soul!
    Last edited by TeacherLady; 04-07-2011 at 07:04 AM.

Pia has an amazing voice, but her stage presence is still lacking something. It seemed like she was forced to circle around the judges table not that she wanted to.
    "Treat others the way you want to be treated."

Still bored by Pia. I don't know what people see in her. Yes she has a big voice, but I don't see anything special. At least she didn't screech last night, I was sure she would.
    If you have men who will exclude any of God's creatures from the shelter of compassion and pity you will have men who will deal likewise with their fellow men. - St. Francis of Assisi

Pia tries to sing an upbeat song, and it still seems like it is the same ole, same ole! It is the same performance, not a shred of real emotion? is that the piece that is missing? Something is not right...

She's kinda like the nerd of the class does things perfectly, wears the perfect clothes, etc, but no one can relate to her!! Sad.

Quote Originally Posted by everly2 View Post
    Pia tries to sing an upbeat song, and it still seems like it is the same ole, same ole! It is the same performance, not a shred of real emotion? is that the piece that is missing? Something is not right...

She's kinda like the nerd of the class does things perfectly, wears the perfect clothes, etc, but no one can relate to her!! Sad.

So true. I thought the same thing last night. She was my pick in the beginning to take it all. Her voice is amazing, but, somethings not right. How could she sing an uptempo song and it seem the same as if she sang a balad? Not good. I'm not sure she can change.

I'm done. I have changed to new favorites. I wish her well, but I can't see how she will go much further, despite her voice. Of course, I said this about Carrie Underwood too and look how that turned out!!!!!!!! LOL

+ Reply to Thread