+ Reply to Thread
Page 36 of 44 FirstFirst ... 26272829303132333435363738394041424344 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: James Durbin Season 10

Re: James Durbin Season 10

Quote Originally Posted by msfroggy View Post
    nah, he's not a kid. All three contestants left on the show are younger than him. Also, casey abrams who was voted off earlier is only 19 and he hasn't made any statements hailing his own magnificence or claiming that he will "force radio" to play his genre of music. durbin uttered that gem in his exit interview. I think he's just delusional and a legend in his own mind who bought all the hype the judges were lobbing at him. A rude awakening awaits.
    this.

Quote Originally Posted by libgirl2 View Post
    Oh, people, he's just a kid .... remember yourselves at that age? We all want to conquer the world and think we can do it. I do think he should go the Daughtry route and do a band. I counted the other day in a 2 hour span I heard Daughtry 6 times on my radio (different stations).

Dream big, or go home. There's a lovely quote... Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars. ~Les Brown

James is shooting for the moon, and I'm sure he'll land among the stars.

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by Misty8723 View Post
    Right, I agree. I was thinking more of Jimmy and whoever is doing the mentoring giving the advice than the judges. The judges are only there for entertainment value. I have actually heard the judges give some constructive advice this season, but there never has been much of that on this show regardless of who the judges are. It would almost be better to mute the part where the judges are talking, or at least just ignore it, as I think the contestants should do.
    They have mostly told them what in their minds they think they are doing right...and not what they are doing wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by mesachick View Post
    .... Adam can't compare at all. At least up to now. Maybe that's why Adam is so insistent in putting his 2 cents in regarding the current contestants - that's the only way we know he's still around. I hope Adam gets some new stuff out soon so he can stop obsessing over AI this year. Plus, I really did like his one song that hit the charts.
    I got sincerely miffed when Adam dissed my sista, Susan Boyle. Who does he think he is, after all????. Boyle is brilliant, in my opinion. But he's on target with what he said about James. I think it's fine for a past Idol contestant to say provocative things about current contestants on the shows. I think Adam is the first Idol finalist to be honest about a subsequent AI season. More power to him. I'm tired of all of the diplomatic comments from past Idol folks.
    --
    --
    Last edited by pillbeam; 05-19-2011 at 01:23 PM.
    "Tons of surprises, but it wouldn't be 'American Idol' without it, would it?" Cowell told MTV News. "At the end of the day, I could go out and find 12 great singers, but that's kind of boring. The fact that there's people there who shouldn't be there makes it 'American Idol.' "

Let's get this thread back to James, please.
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

Quote Originally Posted by MsFroggy View Post
    "Meanwhile, James is already making his post-American Idol plans. He says he's 'definitely' going to go the Daughtry route and form a band, not just be a solo act. He tells ABC News Radio, "I wanna be one of those prestigious band names like you never forget." He adds that he wants the kind of name recognition that Led Zepplin has, he hasn't come up with a name for his future legendary ensemble. 'I'm open to suggestions,' says James."
    Here is the problem for James in a nutshell. It's not about being like another band or as famous as another band. It's about being in a unique band with a unique personality that nobody has quite heard before. It's not about copying other folks. Daughtry, Bo Bice and Taylor Hicks all toured with bands after the show---but the bands were based on the distinct personalitites of the lead performers. They were not trying to be like someone else.
    --
    --
    Last edited by pillbeam; 05-19-2011 at 01:27 PM.
    "Tons of surprises, but it wouldn't be 'American Idol' without it, would it?" Cowell told MTV News. "At the end of the day, I could go out and find 12 great singers, but that's kind of boring. The fact that there's people there who shouldn't be there makes it 'American Idol.' "

Quote Originally Posted by mesachick View Post

Dream big, or go home. There's a lovely quote... Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars. ~Les Brown

James is shooting for the moon, and I'm sure he'll land among the stars.
    Lovely quote... why not dream?
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

Quote Originally Posted by pillbeam View Post
    Here is the problem for James in a nutshell. It's not about being like another band or as famous as another band. It's about being in a unique band with a unique personality that nobody has quite heard before. It's not about copying other folks. Daughtry, Bo Bice and Taylor Hicks all toured with bands after the show---but the bands were based on the distinct personalitites of the lead performers. They were not trying to be like someone else.
    --
    --
    James isn't saying that he wants to copy anything. He wants to achieve a great status, like Zepplin did, not to be like Zepplin. James is unique, and has a very distinct personality.

Why shouldn't he want to be as famous as another band? Why dream for something mediocre? Doesn't make much sense to me. I would imagine that all musicians want to be famous for their music. Otherwise they wouldn't seek out agents and record deals, they'd be content playing in coffee houses for their entire lives. I imagine there are a few that are happy and complacent with that thought. Most people want to "make it big" however, and be successful, and it's even better when they can do it while doing something they love.

FORT Fogey

What a great article from someone who's been following him for a few years. My favorite part was this...

I've talked with dozens of people who do know him, or his fiancee Heidi, or his mother, or his late father. And this subgroup forms his most fervent core of support. For them, what has happened to James is nothing short of a miracle, an object lesson that talent goes nowhere without hope and perseverance.
    I'm going to use the bolded as my tag line, it's just that good. Thanks for posting this. It explains a lot about who James is, and why he has become so popular.
    Last edited by mesachick; 05-19-2011 at 03:33 PM.

+ Reply to Thread