+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 LastLast

Thread: 2/24 The Green Mile Part II *Spoilers*

Re: 2/24 The Green Mile Part II *Spoilers*

Quote Originally Posted by Lolli View Post
    I find her annoying and a suck up...
    Yeah, that!

And I don't think she's going to be able to win me over...

Talking about Lauren Alaina here. And I hate when they drop their last names, a la "Megan Joy", as if they're already famous...

Kendra Chantelle is also a last name dropper, but I like her...

Guess I'm being inconsistent here. Maybe Lauren Alaina is just not my cup of tea.
    Last edited by TeacherLady; 02-26-2011 at 05:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TeacherLady View Post
    Yeah, that!

And I don't think she's going to be able to win me over...

Talking about Lauren Alaina here. And I hate when they drop their last names, a la "Megan Joy", as if they're already famous...

Kendra Chantelle is also a last name dropper, but I like her...

Guess I'm being inconsistent here. Maybe Lauren Alaina is just not my cup of tea.
    Megan dropped her name because of a divorce. What name did Lauren drop?
    Last edited by Tigerusty; 02-26-2011 at 07:28 PM.
    "So, what is fame? It's lightening that strikes some people. It's lightening that some people seek." Jewel

I remember about Megan and the divorce.

I think I saw it in the AI 10: Spoilers thread very early on -- it's the first post in that thread, dated 01-18-11.

They are Lauren Alaina Suddeth and Kendra Chantelle Campbell.
    Last edited by TeacherLady; 02-26-2011 at 08:25 PM. Reason: I got un-lazy and went and looked...

Quote Originally Posted by TeacherLady View Post
    I remember about Megan and the divorce.

I think I saw it in the AI 10: Spoilers thread very early on -- it's the first post in that thread, dated 01-18-11.

They are Lauren Alaina Suddeth and Kendra Chantelle Campbell.
    Yep, I googled that name and it did indeed come up.
    "So, what is fame? It's lightening that strikes some people. It's lightening that some people seek." Jewel

There is another Lauren still in the competition - Lauren Turner. Perhaps they are still calling her Lauren Alaina to differentiate between the two and perhaps if Lauren Turner is eliminated first, they will drop the Alaina. Speculation of course.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

That can't be, because "Lauren Suddeth" is definitely different from "Lauren Turner." In addition we had 3 David's in the TOP12 of S7, and they all kept their last names. Sixteen-year-old Lauren probably thought "Lauren Alania" just sounded better.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

Yes, that's why I commented above. I just think it's a little affected to drop one's last name at this stage of the game. Kendra did it also.

Urban Renewal - a new era BuckeyeAddict's Avatar

Maybe Lauren Alaina dropped her last name because she's only 16? It does flow better than Lauren Suddeth. More melodic.

I was only able to see the first 20 minutes and last 10 minutes of this show because my daughter accidentally stopped the recording. So I have a question. Do we have a first this year? Did we actually get to hear and meet every person who made the top 24 before their voting performances begin? Obviously we have more exposure to some contestants, but it looked like we were getting a recap and a sample of their final audition song for all top 24 people. Did anyone get snubbed?

^^^^ Yes, we saw them all. A wonderful departure from past years.

Quote Originally Posted by momrek06 View Post
    What a spoiled brat.

No, I hope they invite her back all the way to THIS SAME POINT and cut her again as they are naming the top 24.
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ibot2much
    Nobody had an issue with Jessica and her FU AI....When I saw that, I was glad they kicked her to the curb....what a classless idiot.

What a spoiled brat.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by NFL1
    DITTO ibot2much, I thought, I'll bet they won't invite her back that far again...can't risk it - that's an idiotic first audition cut move, not for one who's tried 7 times and gotten that far twice.

No, I hope they invite her back all the way to THIS SAME POINT and cut her again as they are naming the top 24.
    I feel for her, I understand why she did what she did. She's been there 7 times and they put her last against a 15yo who was there for the 1st time and it was even her birthday. AI was cruel to her. They didn't have to do that but they wanted the drama and used her situation for the drama. Well props to her for not being afraid to tell them how she felt. Perhaps you need to be in her situation in order to feel what she felt at that time. It was devastating to make it look like she made it by the skin of her teeth, that she was the last person cut makes it hurt more. So you guys should give her a break. I agree with her, AI were the jerks.

+ Reply to Thread