+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: 2/23 Vegas Show Discussion *Spoilers*

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Re: 2/23 Vegas Show Discussion *Spoilers*

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker View Post
    Casey Abrams has spent the past night in the hospital in L.A. with some sort of stomach issue. Will he be able to make it out in time for his performance in the Top 24?

'American Idol' Finalist Casey Abrams Hospitalized
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I hope he makes it, but I'm so confused. When does the show go LIVE since the article talked about taping the men's performance on Friday. Apparently I've forgotten details, but do they always tape until maybe the Top 12 and then it goes LIVE?
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies View Post
    I hope he makes it, but I'm so confused. When does the show go LIVE since the article talked about taping the men's performance on Friday. Apparently I've forgotten details, but do they always tape until maybe the Top 12 and then it goes LIVE?
    That is correct.
    "So, what is fame? It's lightening that strikes some people. It's lightening that some people seek." Jewel

Urban Renewal - a new era BuckeyeAddict's Avatar

Not sure where to post this, but Chris Medina will be on Jay Leno's Tonight Show (with Rickey Minor) tonight. He'll be performing a song that will be released soon.
    Ousted 'American Idol' Contestant Chris Medina Headed to 'Tonight Show,' Report Says - FoxNews.com

Thank you so much. Wow. I'm about to cry after reading Chris's story. No wonder JLo was so emotional about having to let him go. I sincerely hope he does well in life. Maybe he should even come back next season since he made it this far.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

FORT Fogey

No, this is a new "improvement". Previously (at least, for the last three years) all performance and results shows were live on the east coast. This has certainly led to some white-knuckle moments for the producers and director. Remember last year when the girls had to be delayed a night at the last minute because Crystal was in the hospital? And then there was the year before when the set exploded just before the dress rehearsal (Season 8 "Rock Night") and they had to go on live without a rehearsal.

This year Nigel is taping the performance shows in advance (like he has always done on So You Think You Can Dance). That gives the performers a day (or more) less time from results show to the next week. It also means that the performance shows will be edited, so we will never know if we are getting the judges unvarnished comments, or if pieces have been edited out. (Maybe this is their way of keeping Steven Tyer safe for television.)

On the positive side, there will be no more running overtime and DVR cutoffs.

So, I'll be recapping from edit again...ugh. I understand why they are doing it, but, even with DVR overruns it made the show so much more exciting; especially with unplanned upsets like illness or blackouts. I laugh, though, because even the pre-taped and edited audition shows couldn't keep Steven from being Steven. They have a 5 sec delay - they can bleep him. A personal mind set to adjust and I'll get into the swing of it.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

I have a new love now JunkieGirl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TopCatDC View Post
    No, this is a new "improvement". Previously (at least, for the last three years) all performance and results shows were live on the east coast. This has certainly led to some white-knuckle moments for the producers and director. Remember last year when the girls had to be delayed a night at the last minute because Crystal was in the hospital? And then there was the year before when the set exploded just before the dress rehearsal (Season 8 "Rock Night") and they had to go on live without a rehearsal.

This year Nigel is taping the performance shows in advance (like he has always done on So You Think You Can Dance). That gives the performers a day (or more) less time from results show to the next week. It also means that the performance shows will be edited, so we will never know if we are getting the judges unvarnished comments, or if pieces have been edited out. (Maybe this is their way of keeping Steven Tyer safe for television.)

On the positive side, there will be no more running overtime and DVR cutoffs.
    Are you serious? No more live shows? What a joke. I've liked what I've seen so far of JLo and Steven Tyler, haven't even missed Simon at all. But now we aren't even going to get their true thoughts/feelings but edited versions. Pfft.

But now it makes me curious, maybe dip into a little conspiracy theory--maybe what JLo and Tyler offer in terms of commentary is just too boring or nonsensical? Anywho this news just really sucks. Boo Nigel!
    Sheldon Cooper: Woman, you're playing with forces beyond your ken

Penny: Yeah, well your Ken can kiss my Barbie.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by JunkieGirl View Post
    Are you serious? No more live shows? ...
    Well, at least the Results Show will be live.

So, I'll be recapping from edit again...ugh. I understand why they are doing it, but, even with DVR overruns it made the show so much more exciting; especially with unplanned upsets like illness or blackouts. I laugh, though, because even the pre-taped and edited audition shows couldn't keep Steven from being Steven. They have a 5 sec delay - they can bleep him. A personal mind set to adjust and I'll get into the swing of it.
    Remember the night Adam Lambert sang "Mad World"? There was an electric charge in the audience because the show had already had run over time and so people were wondering if Adam's performance would sound rushed, nervous, etc. The fact that he played it totally cool and still knocked it out of the ballpark vocally while under all that pressure is what really made that performance stand out. (Does anyone remember what the other contestants sang that night? I can't.) He sang that same song in the final show and it was a world apart from the earlier performance: with the audience all jazzed up and hyper with excitement, the atmosphere just wasn't right. I remember yelling at the TV, "How could such a good singer/entertainer make the mistake of picking that song for the final?"

When I was in high school and college, I participated in many drama productions. I saw plenty of mistakes happen, from actors falling off the stage to props being knocked over to actors (like me!) forgetting their lines and having to improv it. That thrill of knowing "anything can happen" and watching good performers go with the flow and overcome just adds to the excitement of watching a live performance. Sorry, Nigel, but AI just went down a notch in my estimation. (I never knew SYTYCD was edited. Rats. )

That is an interesting speculation as to whether they're doing it because of the judges. Kind of makes you wonder.

Also, aren't the results shows only going to be half an hour now? And they're eliminating the guest mentors and themes? I'm still not sure what I think about all this.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast