+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: 2/23 Vegas Show Discussion *Spoilers*

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Eastcoastmom's Avatar

Re: 2/23 Vegas Show Discussion *Spoilers*

Quote Originally Posted by TeacherLady View Post
    I may be from the Scotty "neck of the woods", but I really love Robbie Rosen.
    We're rooting him on here. He's from my town and he's a junior in the high school my two nieces attend. Although my kids have graduated I am still on the email list from the high school. Each week we've been getting an email from our high school principal reminding us to tune in and see how far Robbie goes. I am so excited for him.

Well, call me an old sap, but I was touched by how emotional Jennifer Lopez was. I have never been a JLo fan (couldn't name you one song she's sung), and I thought she would be a real diva on this show. I was wrong. She's been kind and she's given pretty good advice, which is what I personally like to see in a judge. As for Chris Medina, I agree his last song wasn't great, but he really is a classy guy.

Quote Originally Posted by dagwood View Post
    Seriously. Who needs Simon when she is there.
    She was rough! Is she going to be with the show for the run? Yikes!

Quote Originally Posted by Unklescott View Post
    I like Holly.
    I was quite shocked when they cut Hollie. Hopefully, she'll be back next season.

It's good to know that Chris Medina won't be making the Top 24. His mediocre singing and overused sob story was really giving me a headache.

FORT Fogey

Sounds like Season eight's Matt Giraud has already picked his favorite. He posted on Twitter:

Paul McDonald is the man. Really impressed me. In other news this has to be the first wedding on Idol.. Hopefully the last.

I have a new love now JunkieGirl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TopCatDC View Post
    Sounds like Season eight's Matt Giraud has already picked his favorite. He posted on Twitter:
    Paul McDonald is the man. Really impressed me. In other news this has to be the first wedding on Idol.. Hopefully the last.
    Haven't been paying much attention to the shows yet, but I agree with Matt. Paul's voice really stood out to me. Kenny Loggins look a like or not.
    Sheldon Cooper: Woman, you're playing with forces beyond your ken

Penny: Yeah, well your Ken can kiss my Barbie.

Kao

Jlo crying was unintentionally hilarious!

Okay, now I feel like a horrible person.

From the beginning I never thought Clint Jun Gamboa's voice was good. I kept wondering what judges heard that I didn't. He was always meh to me.

I felt bad for JLo. I think his story really touched her and you know the judges really get to know these kids. I'm sure it was hard for her to crush another of his dreams. Then again, I've always been a fan. I absolutely loved her in Selena and The Wedding Planner.

Paul is awesome! I'm so happy that Ashton made it!!! I think she may be my favorite girl.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

Clint Jun Gamboa....lol. For a while I thought he may be Filipino with a name like Jun and sure enough we got a glimpse of his dad. I'm glad Chris Medina didn't make it. I am going to be sick to the stomach if they keep bringing up his back story. He was only good in the audition but he was never good after that but they keep bringing him back, just like Ashley, Scotty and Jaycee. Now if Scotty and Jaycee don't make it, then this will be the best AI in history because we will have the best crop of talent where one gets in not based on sympathy, their disability or back story. Speaking of Jaycee, we didn't see him this Beatles round. God! he hasn't even gone thru puberty yet, I say let his voice mature in a couple of years before putting him on AI. It looks like they want to "cast" a country guy even though he sucks and Scotty may be that guy.

I like the new format. So many stages of elimination. They have to perform in groups of 2 or 3, dress up and perform on stage with and band Vegas style! This way, you'll see if they have stage presence. It seems that they were made to do solo one last time. Not sure if the judges reviewed tapes of their previous performances but it looks like the selections for the top 24 were decided by an individual's body of work throughout the competition.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast