+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: 2/17 Hollywood Round 3 *Spoilers*

Re: 2/17 Hollywood Round 3 *Spoilers*

Quote Originally Posted by Krom View Post
    I think she needs to be committed or something. She's nutsy coo-coo.
    Nutsy coo-coo? I'm going to borrow that phrase in my real life. I have a co-worker.....and that describes her perfectly!

~~~~~~

I am really liking the trio of judges this season. Even though I'm a fan of JLo and Steven, I wasn't sure how that particular combo would work out. Turns out that JLo isn't quite the diva the tabloids make her out to be and Steven is so not a hard-nosed rocker. He's a softy. They mesh well and I think they are bringing out a different side to Randy. We haven't heard his trademark phrases much this season (a thousand, million percent yes! or Dawg to name the two big ones). It's almost like he's taking it more seriously. And he doesn't have to be loud and obnoxious to get a word in edgewise or to get noticed. I never quite got why they chose him to be a judge but now? Now I get it.

I just think the three of them work well together and I can't wait until the competition actually begins. With the talent this year and the judges taking this seriously, I don't see how it could be anything but fabulous.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

Oh Damn! This episode is definitely "nuts of wonder... in your jeans, baby!. It's totally unfair that the judges put Ashley and Scotty through the next round when they forgot the words. If you forget the words, you should be out. That was the rule, so I guess it's not cut in stone. It is not fair for the other contestants, and although we didn't see them sing in Hollywood, they might actually be better. Jaycee was an exception because he was cut by his group last minute and had no time to practice. But then again, he wasn't even very good in the next solo round. The judges are giving sympathy votes. I wish a cutthroat judge would replace Randy, like maybe Pierce Morgan. The VFTW people will have a heyday if Ashley, Scotty and Jaycee makes it to the semi-finals. They were not even very good. maybe the producers want them for drama. I dislike Ashley because she's always a trainwreck and she looks skanky, like she's had one too many drugs and her stressed out behavior makes it even worst. Scotty only sings one song a la Tatian del Toro it's very annoying and when he finally sings a new song, he doesn't even know how to sing it. Seeing them in the room with the really good singers made it all obvious that they made it.

In the 2nd room we didn't see a single one shown sing in Hollywood while the 3rd room, we never even saw those faces at all!! Who were those people? Did they actually sing worst than Ashley and Scotty who forgot their words?! So anti-climactic. The results were obvious. The next round is new. Because there are still so many remaining they are making them all sing beatles songs. Hmmmmmm, why Beatles again? And then after this they will select the top 24. I wish they select the semi-finalist regardless of gender.

I'm kind of glad we didn't see everyone in the cut groups. I hate getting attached to people who don't make it further.
    I think it's sweet when Steven feels so moved that he sings along a little. Even JLo did it last night. I have to think they won't be allowed to do that during the top 12.
    Count your blessings!

Quote Originally Posted by JavaJo View Post
    They mesh well and I think they are bringing out a different side to Randy. We haven't heard his trademark phrases much this season (a thousand, million percent yes! or Dawg to name the two big ones). It's almost like he's taking it more seriously. And he doesn't have to be loud and obnoxious to get a word in edgewise or to get noticed. I never quite got why they chose him to be a judge but now? Now I get it.
    I thought the same thing last night as I was watching it. Randy seems more at ease, and he appears to really be enjoying himself immensely.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

Ashley is unstable; she makes me feel crazy just by visual association. I do not like seeing her and really it makes me very uncomfortable seeing somebody that unhinged. They better have therapists and security on hand when they finally send her home. Please, let her be sent home soon. I will want to strangle somebody if that nut job makes it onto the voting stage.

Ok so usually I am good at overlooking the obvious machinations of the producers but they did such a good job making Jordan and Scotty look bad that now I want them gone too. Pity because I really liked them during their auditions. It’s very clear that these are not The Chosen Ones and that the editing monkeys are going out of their way to show them in the worst light possible.

And who are the TCO’s? Chris M, Brett, L, Casey A, Clint G, Jacee B, James D, and Lauren A. Already I cannot stand James and Lauren and the others are fast approaching that level, sigh. Jacee, while a sweet enough kid, does not have the chops. His voice is weak and warbles and he lacks any sort of stage presence. I really wish they had told him to come back in a couple of years because he’s not ready for this and would have been amazing with some age behind him.

Lauren? Has annoyed me to no end, what a kiss up, seriously….enough already with the kissing up to Steven although it does seem to be working for her (another sigh).

Jacob…where did you come from? Loved him! He actually had me tearing up and I’m such a cynic after so many years of watching these shows that it sort of surprised me that he moved me. But he sure did and I have my eye on him.

John Wayne – still love him but I think he will get buried under the belters and pop singers and will be gone fairly quickly. Too bad, he’s such a good kid and a good singer.

James D – sure is coming off really badly, isn’t he? I think he is a chosen one but the producers can’t figure out how to make him look better which means he’s really bad in person.

Naima – come on already, show this girl! I am keeping my eyes peeled for her, searching to make sure she makes it through each round because she caught my attention during the auditions and I want to see more of her.

Right now I’m liking Jacob, Naima, Julie, John Wayne, Brett, and Casey but I am reserving the right to change my mind at any time.

And can somebody send Jovany home already? One he looks like this total jerk I went to high school with and two, boy cannot sing!
    Avatar: Eastern Amberwing dragonfly photo by me.

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WinkyD View Post
    Scotty knows one song really well.
    Sadly, I have to agree. Was ready to root for him because he's a "local" and because I loved the deep voice, but he really seems to be a One Trick Pony.

Quote Originally Posted by lolli
    Agreed, I am sick of Ashley and her freaking out at every little thing. She needs to get her head in the game or just go home.
    I am willing to apologize profusely if I can be proven wrong, but Ashley strikes me as a drug addict.

AI manages to hoodwink me every year. You'd think I'd learn. When Seacrest said "a surprise that no one saw coming", I foolishly thought there was going to be something BIG!

One of those moments.

Today, I'm still left wondering what the BIG surprise was. Is it the Beatles thing? Not a BIG surprise, imho. If only ONE room had made it through, that would have been a BIG surprise. The Beatles thing is a "twist" at best.

While I agree that Lauren is annoying in the personality department, I think she can actually sing. James Durbin on the other hand is just a Adam Lambert clone. Please, enough already.
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

I think the "big" story was the trip to Vegas for the Beatles thing. If you don't follow the show closely like we do, it would have been a surprise.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by jammyjoe View Post
    Oh Damn! This episode is definitely "nuts of wonder... in your jeans, baby!. It's totally unfair that the judges put Ashley and Scotty through the next round when they forgot the words. If you forget the words, you should be out. That was the rule, so I guess it's not cut in stone. It is not fair for the other contestants, and although we didn't see them sing in Hollywood, they might actually be better...
    I don't think that there's any such thing as "fair" at this stage of the game. The bottom line is that Nigel & Ken decide who they want on their reality TV program. The judges have their say, but they can't override the producers. Don't forget that these taped episodes were put together long after those kids in rooms 2 & 3 were dismissed, so the producers knew who they wanted us to see. And unless one of the losers has some tragic sob story that will break our hearts when their dreams are crushed, there's no point in wasting air time on their performances.

Unfair? Whatever, it is what it is.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Babbred View Post
    I'm really sorry for Jayzee, but I just don't think he should have been put through.

By the same token, I have nothing against his old group for asking him to leave. They had a smooth, polished performance with great vocals, and they knew he wouldn't mesh with them. As the guy said, Jayzee just didn't fit their vibe, no matter how wonderful of a person he might be.

If you earned Simon's approval, though, you knew it was real. That's why many contestants said they appreciated earning his approval the most.

I just read an article yesterday that pretty much agreed with the official summary here. IOW, the auditions were boring and bland. They may have put a record number through, the author said, but clearly at least half of those were due to their sob stories and/or tears. The author speculated that Steven and Jennifer are afraid to appear tough because they don't want to offend their fan base.
    I agree. It is unfortunate that they allowed Jayzee to go to Hollywood because you cannot audition in the future if you made it that far, if that is still a rule. It is clear he needs to mature.

I like the new judges and I am impressed with the change I see in Randy. But it is so true that praise from Simon was the ultimate goal.

It makes sense that Jennifer would be aware of her public persona, less for Stephan I think. Rockers are allowed to be edgy.

I am dumbfounded as to why they allowed Ashley to progress. She is not a stand out, blew her auditions and is clearly not capable of handling stress. She doesnt have star quality either. And they let go of several good women singers who blew it far less than she. Simon would have nixed her in a heartbeat.

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

The official American Idol website now shows all the contestants (all 61 of them) who are going to Vegas, including the ones who were never (or at least very rarely) shown on tv and some who have their audition city listed as "MySpace"

Las Vegas Hopefuls - American Idol
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast