+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: 2/16 Hollywood Group Rounds *Spoilers*

In my own little corner, in my own little chair...

Re: 2/16 Hollywood Group Rounds *Spoilers*

Quote Originally Posted by TopCatDC View Post
    Does it make any difference if I point out that, aside from the singing (which we can see is either good or bad) everything else is a bunch of producer driven and editor created storylines. The judges obviously were briefed on what happened with Jaycee and made a point of asking about. Any of the comments we hear could have been made at any time in any context and then cut together to make heroes and villains; the thrill of victory and the agony of defeat. In the end we are left with an impression that we know these people - but we don't at all. The voices don't lie, but rest of it is a TV show made from bits and pieces caught during a numbingly repetitive and crushingly boring four days. People are then paid big bucks to rearrange the bits into the most dramatic and entertaining two hours possible.

If you are not familiar with how reality TV is put together, UK TV Personality Charlie Brooker shows you how it is done:

Reality Editing 101: Making Something Out of Nothing
    I'm glad you posted this. I know Clint Gamboa personally, and I can't believe that he would EVER be as mean as they have portrayed him. I'm pretty sure this is a producer's edit designed specifically for drama's sake.
    My hero - My Dad 3/25/34 - 4/1/09

Re: 2/16 Hollywood Group Rounds *Spoilers*

Quote Originally Posted by Blues Songstres View Post
    I'm glad you posted this. I know Clint Gamboa personally, and I can't believe that he would EVER be as mean as they have portrayed him. I'm pretty sure this is a producer's edit designed specifically for drama's sake.
    You know they need to create a "villain" on these reality shows.
    If you have men who will exclude any of God's creatures from the shelter of compassion and pity you will have men who will deal likewise with their fellow men. - St. Francis of Assisi

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456