+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 2/2 Audition Round *Spoilers*

FORT Regular

Re: 2/2 Audition Round *Spoilers*

I really liked John Wayne - he's actually really good looking too, under his hat!! And as silly as the couple were they could both sing...anyone know if their names are in the possible top 40 list we had going?

OT a bit but I just heard that Devyn lost her job as the Singing Waitress in NYC because of going to Hollywood. I feel so bad that she doesn't appear to make top 40. I still remember how good her audition was!

FORT Regular

There was one girl who looked like Shania Twain and JLo clearly loved her audition BUT WE DIDN"T GET TO HEAR IT. Annoying!

FORT Regular

Loved Casey Abrams a heck of a lot but I'm scared - could he be another Taylor....can't even remember his name that is awful, but it also makes my point

FORT Fogey

Yep, definitely reminded me of Taylor (Hicks!).

Tomorrow, peeps!

Quote Originally Posted by sunny73;4177146;
    Loved Casey Abrams a heck of a lot but I'm scared - could he be another Taylor....can't even remember his name that is awful, but it also makes my point
    He did have that Taylor Hicks vibe to his audition!
    I liked Taylor though, and liked Casey as well .

Quote Originally Posted by Unklescott;4176995;
    Join in as we head to Texas to see what the Lone Star state has to offer. Will we find another Kelly Clarkson?
    Good lord, hope not! One was enough!
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

(Just tuned in here on the Pacific Coast)
    Oh, hell, no -- please tell me this isn't country night!
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Quote Originally Posted by xmaskat;4177137;
    Me too! She has a gorgeous voice. I thought she sounded great on both songs.
    That was Janelle Arthur from Tenn, right? I looked her up and apparently she sings in some shows over in pigeon forge. I listened to a couple and she is INCREDIBLE (and I dont even like country). No way Idol will ever put someone like her through to the top 40--she is outstanding and has been singing on a decent-sized stage for some time. For the past few seasons they never put through the best talent. What a shame...very Carrie Underwood-esque to me

Actually, this makes me think of the talent we used to get and what has come along since then. I remember up until a couple of seasons ago the line-up was usually STACKED. Then there was the season of the two Davids (and only Cook saved it for me) and since then it has just been obvious that they didnt care who went through as long as they had a backstory. Id love to compile a list of the seasons and who won..and who actually had talent. It could be based on the record sales, awards, celebrity status and what place they finished the competiton. Im not sure if we should even count the past few trainwrecks...

Anyhow, all this to say that I still dont think AI is back in the habit of putting people through just based on talent, although I do think the judges are doing a much better job overall this year. I'll reserve final judgement when I see the top 20 (or whatever it is going to be this year). I still think the producers are doing a lot of manipulating behind the scenes...
    Last edited by mindy384; 02-03-2011 at 03:18 AM.

I am not going to the spoiler thread as I do after every show now, because I do not want to see that John Wayne's face isn't there. I really liked the baritone cowboy we saw in New Orleans and I really like this cowboy. John, though pretty cute, seems too honest and hard working to make it in the dog dirty music industry; but I would like to see him on my screen again.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123