+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: 1/19/11 Season 10 Premiere Audition Rounds

FORT Fogey

Re: 1/19/11 Season 10 Premiere Audition Rounds

Quote Originally Posted by angelic_one2002;4154524;
    Steven Tyler is so blunt, that he's comical! I think these three judges mesh SO well together.
    ITA! I was hesitant about Tyler.... wasn't sure how he would do, but I really like him! I knew J Lo would be sweet. I like the dynamics between all three so far....

Quote Originally Posted by TopCatDC;4154481;
    Aerosmith bills themselves as "America's Greatest Rock and Roll Band". It's their title, like Michael Jackson was "The King of Pop". They have sold 150 million albums - so that's nothing to sneeze at. I don't know if they hold any actual record breaking statistics.
    That title should be given to The Eagles. They have the biggest selling album of all time "Eagles Greatest Hits".

What I like about this season so far...they don't dwell or focus too much on the bad singers. They show more good singers. Also so far, the ones with disabilities actually can sing....unlike that one season when they put through that overrated blind guy who got thru the top 12 due to sympathy. I hate the fact that their disability is being taken in consideration above their talent...it should be the other way around because during that season with the blind guy, there were better singers than him that were not put through because America can easily be driven by sympathy and they were casting the finalists.

The change in the judges is a breath of fresh air. The only one that's getting old is Randy. He should be gone next year so he can just concentrate on ABDC. Then maybe replace him with Harry Connick Jr. or Ben Folds.
    Last edited by jammyjoe; 01-20-2011 at 04:41 AM.

I was pleasantly surprised tonight - I really thought I would watch and have no interest in Steve Tyler - but he was surprisingly articulate - I thought they did a good job telling people what they needed to work on and why they were on the fence about them. They seemed to be having fun and had a good chemistry. I thought that I liked Simon and his brutal honesty - but I really think that they did a much better job of letting people down without crushing them. Like the time JLo said to the girl its a no but this doesn't define who you are...you will be okay.

Quote Originally Posted by jammyjoe;4155025;
    That title should be given to The Eagles. They have the biggest selling album of all time "Eagles Greatest Hits".
    Americas Greatest Rock & Roll Band has got to be The Allman Brothers...

J Lo & Steven have already offered more in the way of advise on how to improve & what the singers need to focus on than Simon Cowell did in the entire 9 years of his pathetic existence. The King is dead...Long live the new King & Queen!

Quote Originally Posted by Unklescott;4154492;
    Hard living has certainly taken its toll on him.
    I liked Kinsey the 15 year old.

This next girl reminded of this audition

YouTube - Ken Lee or Without you by Mariah Carey (ENGLISH SUBTITLES)
    Kinsey, the 15 year old, was singing Young & Beautiful which comes from Carries first album Some Hearts.

I really, really, really liked this first episode of the new AI. I think ST and JLo are excellent - funny, compassionate, knowledgeable, and good chemistry. I think Randy has risen to the challenge and has cleaned up his appearance and "yo dog" front. I love that they're focusing more on the good singers. I know they are going straight to top 12, but will we see Hollywood at all? How many weeks of try-outs?
    Count your blessings!

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter;4155079;
    I really, really, really liked this first episode of the new AI. I think ST and JLo are excellent - funny, compassionate, knowledgeable, and good chemistry. I think Randy has risen to the challenge and has cleaned up his appearance and "yo dog" front. I love that they're focusing more on the good singers. I know they are going straight to top 12, but will we see Hollywood at all? How many weeks of try-outs?
    I believe that we will not only see Hollywood, but they apparantely took the Top 40 to Las Vegas to sing Beatles songs. We'll see that as well.

FORT Fogey

I was not looking forward to ST, but after seeing him on Regis, I was surprised how articulate he was. He did a great job on the panel and I was thrilled that we didn't have to wait for the expected "simon sez" moments of boredom or disgust. How refreshing last night was. I think Simon was what was wrong with Idol these last few years, His comments and responses were so predictable.

+ Reply to Thread