+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 42 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: AI 10: Spoilers

Re: AI 10: Spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by libgirl2 View Post
    we've been waiting on a girls year for quite awhile now!
    I doubt a woman will ever win again. The fact of the matter is that a large percentage of the voting audience are females. Another fact is that rarely do women back other women. There are exceptions, of course, but all one has to do is look at all the different forums (not just here and not just with AI) and see who people are backing. Rarely is it a woman (usually only a very small percentage will say they are supporting a female).

I would love to see a woman win, I doubt it will happen this year because of the ones they've chosen. I think even without any discernible eye candy, the women are still fighting a losing battle.

I believe TopCat has touched on this topic a few times.
    Avatar: Eastern Amberwing dragonfly photo by me.

I'm officially confused.

In one week the top 24 will become the top 10 and then the wild cards will be added to the 10. Huh? Do they normally hack over half the contestants on the first week of voting? I think I'm more than a little confused over how all this will play out. I also don't think the wild cards being added after America votes is fair. Basically that is the producers way of getting back into the game their favorites who America didn't agree with them on.

Also, is this going to be a super short season? Or are they planning on only getting rid of one at a time after the first massive cut?

FORT Fogey

The only one I NEED to hear again is Thia Megia, please make it into the top group!! Her voice gave us shivers and made us sit up and take notice!

Quote Originally Posted by Harmony2000 View Post
    I'm officially confused.

In one week the top 24 will become the top 10 and then the wild cards will be added to the 10. Huh? Do they normally hack over half the contestants on the first week of voting? I think I'm more than a little confused over how all this will play out. I also don't think the wild cards being added after America votes is fair. Basically that is the producers way of getting back into the game their favorites who America didn't agree with them on.

Also, is this going to be a super short season? Or are they planning on only getting rid of one at a time after the first massive cut?
    Looks like America votes for the finalists, plus each judge's one wildcard spot. The Joe's Place American Idol blog links to a website called bumpshack.com, where I found the following answer:

The tenth season of American Idol gives the judges, Steven Tyler, Jennifer Lopez and Randy Jackson, a bit more power when it comes to choose the finalists who will fight for the Idol title.

The judges will be responsible for the auditions until they find their Top 20, which will include 10 boys and 10 girls. At the moment, the judges already have their Top 40, but the Top 20 Idol wannabes haven’t been chosen yet to prevent names from being leaked too early.

The public at home will vote for their favorite(s) in the Top 20. The five most voted boys and five most voted girls will go straight to the finals. Each of the judges will have a very tough decision to make before handling a “wild card” to another Idol hopeful.

In the big finale, 13 lucky contestants will battle on stage for the title of new American Idol.

That was written a while back. Now that it's a top 24, maybe it will be 6 boys + 6 girls + 1 wildcard per judge = 15 finalists? It may even be top 15 regardless of gender. We might have ten women and five men in the finals.
    Last edited by marlap; 02-23-2011 at 03:23 PM. Reason: changed last line
    Ain't Love Grand!

WHOAHOA! Big news...if it's true.

First the last two spots are confirmed Ta-Tynisa Wilson and Thia Megia and now the big news. Jacee is out! Evidently the rumors putting him in were wrong and instead it's Stefano. I was stunned that he'd make the top 24. He just isn't that good, this makes more sense because Stefano was better than him.

Now to find out which rumor is the true one, lol.

Thank you, Marlap. I read a speculation that each judge would get to pick a wildcard and they will be added to the 10 that America puts through to make it 13. But I like yours better and if it truly is regardless of gender? Then prepared to have the girls annihilated!

Quote Originally Posted by Harmony2000 View Post
    WHOAHOA! Big news...if it's true.

First the last two spots are confirmed Ta-Tynisa Wilson and Thia Megia and now the big news. Jacee is out! Evidently the rumors putting him in were wrong and instead it's Stefano. I was stunned that he'd make the top 24. He just isn't that good, this makes more sense because Stefano was better than him.

Now to find out which rumor is the true one, lol.
    Ooooo noooo, I love Jaycee! sigh...
    Ain't Love Grand!

And...we are never going to be free of James D! Austism Speaks is backing him and there are literally hundreds of posts from people who have never watched the show vowing to tune in on voting night to push him through.

I made myself very unpopular by suggesting that they at least view this kid in action before deciding that he is a good role model for that organization (my son has Asperger's and I cringe to think that this kid and his rude behavior is now some sort of role model for that community).

No, I actually full-heartedly agree with that. I thought he showed his true side when he began to spy on "The Minors" when he got wind of them doing the same song. What disgusted me was when he was interviewed right in front of the young teens and began to say something like, "We'll show them once we finally get to the stage." And what made it worse was when he ended with his screech.

For one thing, it painted him as someone who likes to complain for no good reason. Maybe I'm missing something, but I didn't understand why having the parents was such a big deal. They're minors -- don't the parents have to be there? Emma Henry, who was in his group, could have totally gotten the help from her parents. But he's a full-grown adult, and I didn't think that he needed to compare himself to those under 18. They may have gotten the extra help, but I would argue that it's an advantage to be older also. As they say, with age comes wisdom. The teens just needed that same wisdom.

Another thing, the scene made him look like a show-off. Was the screech at the end necessary? No, it wasn't. It was annoying.

Maybe I, too, am complaining for no good reason, but it totally set me off on him. I loved his audition, but now I'm dreading his time in the competition.
    Last edited by CrossingGuard; 02-24-2011 at 02:05 AM.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

I don't recall any mention of James Durbin having any variety of Autism or Asperger's. I only remember the mention of him having Turette's (spelling?)

I agree....I liked his audition, but everything since has annoyed me.
    Same with that Clint Jun Gamboa. He got a bad edit during Hollywood weeks and I can't vote for him.

I'm loving Paul McDonald. He's got great teeth.

Quote Originally Posted by marlap View Post
    Ooooo noooo, I love Jaycee! sigh...
    I say its better for him. Poor kid would probably get eaten up alive. Give him a few more years to mature and then he should give it another go.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

+ Reply to Thread