+ Reply to Thread
Page 35 of 42 FirstFirst ... 252627282930313233343536373839404142 LastLast

Thread: AI 10: Spoilers

Re: AI 10: Spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeAddict View Post
    Thanks for keeping us updated Love_Me.

This is awful. I sure hope they aren't doing 2 songs apiece by Leiber & Stoller. Here are their most famous songs - mostly 50s-60s era:

There Goes My Baby
    Hound Dog
    Kansas City
    Smokey Joe's Cafe
    Yakety Yak
    Poison Ivy
    Charlie Brown
    Stand By Me
    Jailhouse Rock
    Love Potion No. 9
    Searchin'
    Young Blood
    I'm a Woman
    On Broadway
    Spanish Harlem

If there are going to be 8 L&S songs performed, I predict a disappointing night next Wednesday.
    While these are "originally" great songs they sure aren't songs I need to hear again... but.... it does give the remaining 4 a chance to show how they can make them current with their own style. It could be train wreck but as long as they don't get compared to the original, which they shouldn't, it could really separate the final four.
    The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart. Helen Keller

Stand By Me has always been one of my favorite songs. (I personally would love to see James sing it)
    When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down "Happy." They told me I didn't understand the assignment. I told them they didn't understand life. - John Lennon

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeAddict View Post
    Thanks for keeping us updated Love_Me.

This is awful. I sure hope they aren't doing 2 songs apiece by Leiber & Stoller. Here are their most famous songs - mostly 50s-60s era:

There Goes My Baby
    Hound Dog
    Kansas City
    Smokey Joe's Cafe
    Yakety Yak
    Poison Ivy
    Charlie Brown
    Stand By Me
    Jailhouse Rock
    Love Potion No. 9
    Searchin'
    Young Blood
    I'm a Woman
    On Broadway
    Spanish Harlem

If there are going to be 8 L&S songs performed, I predict a disappointing night next Wednesday.
    Looking at their discography, they've written tons of songs, most of which I've never heard of. It will be interesting.
    If you have men who will exclude any of God's creatures from the shelter of compassion and pity you will have men who will deal likewise with their fellow men. - St. Francis of Assisi

Quote Originally Posted by Tammi View Post
    I hope that Scotty branches out and doesn't give us "Hound Dog" -- too predictable at this point in the show.
    Brother, I hope not.

Hasn't Idol done a tribute to L & S before? I'm almost positive they have, because I remember commenting on it here.

I grew up listening to the oldies radio station, too, so part of me is dreading this coming week. Everybody likes to sing along to these classic songs, so everybody will be comparing the contestants to the originals. This could either be a major trainwreck or a major opportunity, a la Haley this week.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

Quote Originally Posted by Babbred View Post
    Brother, I hope not.

Hasn't Idol done a tribute to L & S before? I'm almost positive they have, because I remember commenting on it here.

I grew up listening to the oldies radio station, too, so part of me is dreading this coming week. Everybody likes to sing along to these classic songs, so everybody will be comparing the contestants to the originals. This could either be a major trainwreck or a major opportunity, a la Haley this week.
    She could do something very interesting next week. And I feel that Lauren might just not do well.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

This would be a good opporutnity for them to make a song different and to fit their style. I remember how Adam did that so well.

Someone remind me of how the process works. I have forgotten from last season. Is it different this year? Don't the final 3 go to their hometowns and then one is out, then what? I have forgotten.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Misty8723 View Post
    Looking at their discography, they've written tons of songs, most of which I've never heard of. It will be interesting.
    Early rock and roll.....
    If grace is an ocean, we're all drowning.

- John McMillan

Urban Renewal - a new era BuckeyeAddict's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    This would be a good opporutnity for them to make a song different and to fit their style. I remember how Adam did that so well.

Someone remind me of how the process works. I have forgotten from last season. Is it different this year? Don't the final 3 go to their hometowns and then one is out, then what? I have forgotten.
    Yes, the final 3 go to their hometowns for their special homecomings. Of course, one of them is then voted off after performing, and then we have our final 2 and the finale.

I haven't heard anything about any differences this year. I did read something about Lauren trying to organize some benefit concert, but I can't remember if it was dependent upon her making the F3 or not. Aha - found it. She wants to do a benefit concert for the storm victims on May 14, but it does depend on whether or not she makes it to F3.
    Last edited by BuckeyeAddict; 05-07-2011 at 10:17 AM.

Urban Renewal - a new era BuckeyeAddict's Avatar

Finale news and rumors:

It's reported in Casey's thread that Ellen made the announcement on her show that Casey will be doing a duet with Jack Black. That's in reference to Casey sharing a few weeks ago that Jack is a big inspiration to him because he acts and sings "very well."

Steven Tyler is still insisting that Aerosmith will be playing the finale.

Stevie Nicks is rumored to be slated for the finale. She's making the rounds because she has a book out and she's touring with Rod Stewart, so that could very well be true.

Quote Originally Posted by Misty8723 View Post
    L & S were a songwriting team from the 50's-today. ( I read their memoir, written a few years ago, and they said they were still active.) They wrote tons of songs and worked with a lot of the great singers. In fact, they wrote a whole bunch of classics, several of which reached the top of the charts, for Elvis. He even called them his "favorite songwriters".

They originally wrote "Hound Dog" for Big Mama Thornton, a legendary blues singer. Elvis decided on his own to cover it, and L & S say in their book that they were disappointed, because they thought Mama's version was better. I highly reccommend their memoir, "Hound Dog," because it's a fascinating look at the early music industry and the big stars.
    Last edited by Babbred; 05-07-2011 at 11:56 AM.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

+ Reply to Thread