+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: The Lee vs. Crystal Matchup

Re: The Lee vs. Crystal Matchup

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker;3910941;
    Regardless of who wins this will be the first time someone has won that lives North of the Mason Dixon Line. It has heretofore been Southern states dominated.
    Wow, really?!!
    Had no idea. That is amazing.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

FORT Fogey

A little perspective: Here's the final Ford commercial from last year featuring the two finalists. 40 seconds down memory lane.

AI Season 8 (Top 2) Ford Commercial - "I Will Remember You"

(I love the shot of them walking around the corner with David Cook.)

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by TopCatDC;3911217;
    A little perspective: Here's the final Ford commercial from last year featuring the two finalists. 40 seconds down memory lane.

AI Season 8 (Top 2) Ford Commercial - "I Will Remember You"

(I love the shot of them walking around the corner with David Cook.)
    Now THAT was a great duet! It was a great conclusion to a wonderfully entertaining and talent-filled season. And it seemed to really capture the friendship between those two. Sure wish I could download that entire song.

Man, I miss those guys. Those two and Allison Ireheta -- now that was a top 3!

To get back to the thread topic, I would prefer that Crystal be the winner, based on the entire season as a whole.

She is unlike anyone who has ever appeared on Idol.

My guess is whoever the judges pimp to win tomorrow, will win. I'm not sure who they will go for.

Crystal is a fine singer and performer. She has been professional, warm and genuine. She deserves to win. I'll buy her CD whatever happens.

Lee has a great voice but has been ramming his way through songs out of tune. He could win, but doesn't deserve to. Odd. Although he sings like a drunk trucker, he seems to wilt like a delicate flower with a droopy expression after each performance. Whatever.

---
    ----
    Last edited by pillbeam; 05-24-2010 at 08:38 PM.
    "Tons of surprises, but it wouldn't be 'American Idol' without it, would it?" Cowell told MTV News. "At the end of the day, I could go out and find 12 great singers, but that's kind of boring. The fact that there's people there who shouldn't be there makes it 'American Idol.' "

Quote Originally Posted by MsFroggy;3910804;
    ... The only valid reasons to audition for American Idol are either because you want to win, want to get exposure, want to get signed by a record label or you want a career in music or all of those things combined. Otherwise go become a stock broker and you'll make enough money to establish five charities of your choice with your money.
    I couldn't care less why contestants compete on AI. They could be aiming to boost awareness of their family's hang-gliding business, pad the coffers of a deserving charity, honor their dead mother or start a bunch of music schools. Those are all valid reasons to me. The only thing I care about is, do I like the contestant's performances? Would l like to buy their CD?
    --
    Last edited by fluff; 05-25-2010 at 04:07 PM. Reason: fixing quote tags
    "Tons of surprises, but it wouldn't be 'American Idol' without it, would it?" Cowell told MTV News. "At the end of the day, I could go out and find 12 great singers, but that's kind of boring. The fact that there's people there who shouldn't be there makes it 'American Idol.' "

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker;3910941;
    Regardless of who wins this will be the first time someone has won that lives North of the Mason Dixon Line. It has heretofore been Southern states dominated.
    Hey, it looks like this season has accomplished something after all!
    "Feel the sky blanket you/ With gems and rhinestones/ See the path cut by the moon/ For you to walk on" - EV

I'm hoping for LEE to win, we'll see. A lot will depend on their last performance.
    "Success is falling nine times and getting up ten." - Jon Bon Jovi

FORT Fogey

I agree with you, Angelic one2002. that the finale performances will be key. With the voting numbers being so low this season, and with the addition of the casual voters tuning in for the finale, I think the vote can go either way. While I'm leaning towards Crystal, I'll wait and see how they do tomorrow night before I commit to a prediction.

FORT Fogey

Personally, I think that the Crystal/Lee match-up for "Falling Slowly" should've resulted in a surprise double elimination. They turned that tender song into a weapon, loudly hurtling chopped lines at each other as if intending cause significant damage. Lee's next week's follow-up of "Hallelujah" on steroids was yet another massacre of a tender and heart-wrenching classic, and enough to make me want to vote for Crystal till my fingers bleed tonight.

Best performance of the season: Casey's "Jealous Guy."

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast