+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: AI 9 Tour Dates/Show Reviews

Re: AI 9 Tour Dates/Show Reviews

If I do go this year it will be to Anaheim show. Unless Aaron or Casey wins I think this might be one that I skip and haven't missed one since Taylor won
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

The Season 9 CD is available for pre-order. You can listen to it here.
    American Idol Season 9 - Listening Party - American Idol

FORT Fogey

Season Nine tour pre-sale starts today at 10:00 am at ticketmaster. Regular sales start tomorrow.

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

Lawn seats (the cheapest) for the venue closest to me: $26.00 . . . . . add tax, facility fee and "convenience" charges and your ticket price has increased SEVENTY PERCENT!

Total for two tickets: $88.20

While that is a pretty good price for a concert, consider the fact that I would be sitting on a blanket in the grass, hoping it doesn't rain.

Apparently, the economy has already recovered. Wish I had known!
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Little Sew&Sew;3903292;
    Lawn seats (the cheapest) for the venue closest to me: $26.00 . . . . . add tax, facility fee and "convenience" charges and your ticket price has increased SEVENTY PERCENT! ... Apparently, the economy has already recovered. Wish I had known!
    It's not the economy - it's the lack of competition. Live Nation has become the Apple of the concert business. They are producing the tour and they've booked the tour into their own arenas and amphitheaters and they own Ticketmaster. They now control everything from the set list to the publicity, souvenir booklets and nachos.

Quote Originally Posted by MsFroggy;3888550;
    I'm surprised that they're delusional enough to book United Center with all its 23K seats.
    Lee DeWyze's "mini-concert" at Arlington Park today boasted 41,000 attendees! I'm pretty shocked myself.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

The tour klicked off last night in Detroit. Here is the first review...it ain't to pretty.

'Idol' summer tour lacks star performer | detnews.com | The Detroit News

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker;3959934;
    The tour klicked off last night in Detroit. Here is the first review...it ain't to pretty.

'Idol' summer tour lacks star performer | detnews.com | The Detroit News
    That's an understatement:

Pretty much everyone agrees that it was an off year for "American Idol." And so it goes with the "American Idols Live!" summer tour, which kicked off at the Palace of Auburn Hills on Thursday and reminded fans that yep, it was an off year for "American Idol."

The signs were visible even outside the building, as the parking lot was far emptier than it is for a typical Palace concert. And inside the venue, the entire upper deck was curtained off, a surefire sign of a dud concert.
    (Venue officials didn't make crowd figures available, but an educated guesstimate pegs attendance at between 8,000 and 9,000, or less than two-thirds of the building's capacity.)

What was missing from the show was the same thing that was missing from the season: A blockbuster, knock-your-socks-off performer. "Idol" had one in 2009 with Adam Lambert, an over-the-top house-on-fire with a voice that could rattle the rafters of an arena and a sensational sense of style to match. This year's performers, especially top two contestants Lee DeWyze and Crystal Bowersox, couldn't compare, and the show -- just like the season's ratings -- suffered.

DeWyze's five-song, 20-minute set -- which came near the close of the 165-minute concert -- was like the coronation of the guy who lived at the end of your dorm hall who could play guitar pretty well. He seems like a good guy, the kind who if you called to help you move would give up his Saturday without question, but he's severely lacking in star quality.

[]

Bowersox is an open mic night performer who has been thrust into a role she was arguably never meant for, which is going to make her transition to the spotlight difficult.

[]

From The Detroit News: 'Idol' summer tour lacks star performer | detnews.com | The Detroit News
    "Feel the sky blanket you/ With gems and rhinestones/ See the path cut by the moon/ For you to walk on" - EV

Quote Originally Posted by Unklescott;3887821;
    DATE CITY VENUE ON SALE TIME
    8/14 Mountainview, CA Shoreline Amphitheatre
    at Mountainview 5/15 10am
    I bought tickets for this show. I was really confused as to why the Idols were going to the Shoreline instead of the bigger and more well-known HP Pavilion in nearby San Jose. But then TopCatDC's post explained everything. (The Shoreline Amphitheatre is run by LiveNation.)

I was planning on going to the tour in the middle of the season, but changed my mind once the season was coming to a close and saw that I wasn't really liking the contestants this year. But then I saw that there was a 24-hour sale with the tickets costing $20, and I was sold. (It was about $29 after all the other expenses.)

I'm not going to see the contestants; I'm going just to see the show. I absolutely regret not going to a tour for a previous season. I should have gotten tickets when I was a diehard AI fan back in its heyday, but I don't know, I guess I decided not to. I fell out of touch with the show then came back this season. Of course I come back to the show when it decides to suck. But I'm going to the tour regardless... I guess it's sorta making up for not seeing a show for a previous season.

And after seeing that review, I really regret not going in the past.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

FORT Fogey

Detroit is among the most economically deprived citiesd in America right now so that may have a relationship to the lower than expected ticket sales. However, I saw that the Lilith Fair is cutting their previously arranged dates by a 1/3. There were several other artists listed in the story whose summer dates have been cut back....so it may be Live Nation's fault or may also be the economy

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast