+ Reply to Thread
Page 33 of 39 FirstFirst ... 2324252627282930313233343536373839 LastLast

Thread: 3/23 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

FORT Fogey

Re: 3/23 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

Quote Originally Posted by StarryElf;3861409;
    Casey was fine, not outstanding. He really did a Huey Lewis copy though, he didn't put anything of his own into it.
    I'll take a good Huey Lewis copy over anything Tim or Didi may attempt any day. Actually, I liked Huey Lewis! And what was so bad about the good old days when just good singing was a good thing, anyway?

not a star, not an elf StarryElf's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by I'm MEL;3861505;
    I'll take a good Huey Lewis copy over anything Tim or Didi may attempt any day. Actually, I liked Huey Lewis! And what was so bad about the good old days when just good singing was a good thing, anyway?
    I liked Huey Lewis too, and I thought Casey did a fine job of it.

I think we're past this being a pure singing competition though. If it was, then Paige and Tim and Andrew wouldn't still be here.

Watching so many of these contestants perform so badly tonight, especially those that are totally out of tune, it really makes me madder and madder that Alan Lambert was eliminated, when his only problem was nerves. His vocals were perfect and he would have had such an opportunity to grow throughout the season. Instead, we see people who are getting worse and worse. What a blown opportunity.

FORT Fogey

I have to agree with the judges about Didi. I don't like her singing in general, but tonight, I found her whole demeanor and performance creepy. I'd rather see Paige stay - I think she has the better voice, despite tonight's disaster.

This season is becoming painful to watch. Of the 11 left there are only three or four I want to watch/hear. And if one more contestant tries to slide by a bad vocal by claiming that they "had fun" I am going to throw things at my TV. This is a competition where millions of dollars of earnings are at stake, and they're only there to "have fun"?

Give me a freaking break! I will endure to the end but it will be painful and grueling unless something drastic happens to the group...which is doubtful. ***snore***

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by sugargoose;3861519;
    Watching so many of these contestants perform so badly tonight, especially those that are totally out of tune, it really makes me madder and madder that Alan Lambert was eliminated, when his only problem was nerves. His vocals were perfect and he would have had such an opportunity to grow throughout the season. Instead, we see people who are getting worse and worse. What a blown opportunity.
    Yup (Alex).

Quote Originally Posted by Jezebella;3861521;
    This season is becoming painful to watch. Of the 11 left there are only three or four I want to watch/hear. And if one more contestant tries to slide by a bad vocal by claiming that they "had fun" I am going to throw things at my TV. This is a competition where millions of dollars of earnings are at stake, and they're only there to "have fun"?

Give me a freaking break! I will endure to the end but it will be painful and grueling unless something drastic happens to the group...which is doubtful. ***snore***
    I don't know who will "improve" at this point it may be a matter of a "get on the show do fine" mind set. The ones who are good are very good (and I can count them on one hand). I see a few who are not the best REALLY working at it... Aaron... Lee.... Mike .... trying to keep up with the two really good ladies.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

FORT Fogey

Well, the judges created this nightmare - there were PLENTY from which to choose, and I can think of at least 2 guys and 4 girls off the top of my head that were cut in Hollywood who were better than what we listened to tonight. What a shame. I'm sure those contestants are watching their televisions and thinking "Are you kidding me?"

Tonight, Paige's performance was beyond horrible. Please get her off my TV screen already.

Note to AI: Please don't invite Miley Cyrus back ever again. Thank you.

Loved Crystal, once again! Best Janice rendition any other Idol has ever attempted. The girl has natural talent, pure soul, and really sings every song.

Still voting for Crystal to win it all.

Loved Casey tonight. Great vocal!...I thought Casey sounded like Bob Seeger and reminded me of Seeger's Night Moves.

Aaron gets better every week to me....love this kid.

Big Mike was good and so was Lee, but I'm not sure they're stars.

Everyone else was meh...poor Paige was awful.

I loved Siobhan's voice until the last couple of weeks. I agree with Simon...she's screaming too much. I don't like it when she oversings.
    Ain't Love Grand!

+ Reply to Thread