+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 22 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: AI 9 Theme Weeks

FORT Fogey

Re: AI 9 Theme Weeks

It seems that the mentors they've brought on this year are geared towards promoting stage presence, and Adam can certainly tell them a thing or two about that. Although, the singer-songwriter, instrument-playing types aren't really geared toward "owning the stage" in a physical sense. Actually, I'd really rather not see most of them trying to go for it on stage the way Adam has.

His vocals could be both very good and very grating, but Adam could always put together a memorable performance. And I think he'll be very positive with all of the contestants. Lord knows, some of them need some encouragement after some of the comments they've gotten from the judges.

Leaning Forward cantstopwatchin's Avatar

I could be totally wrong as I had to shush the kids to hear, but I thought I heard Ryan mention on his radio show earlier today that it was going to be a "Broadway" week. And then he went on to mention that Adam was going to be the mentor. It was when he was talking to Randy about their using the save on Mike and he threw that in there. Did anyone else hear the show?? It was around 12:30 EST today (they play his morning show here in ATL during the afternoon.)
    "We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre." - Uta Hagen

“I don’t want my pain erased! As wretched as it is, I need my pain… It makes me who I am. It makes me Grumpy.” - Grumpy, Once Upon a Time

FORT Fogey

Any confirmation on the theme for the upcoming week? The Broadway theme makes sense to me - I heard some of Adam's show tune performances, and those seem to be where he really shines. If it is Elvis week, well, the only similarity I see between those two is the black hair and lip snarl.

Too bad they aren't bringing back David Cook or Daughtry to mentor, or someone who has been more successful post-idol and with a broader appeal. Maybe 19E feels they can benefit more by using the Idol vehicle to try and boost Adam's sales.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by I'm MEL;3874341;
    Any confirmation on the theme for the upcoming week?
    While I haven't hear any word from Fox, it is pretty much all over the Idolverse that this week's theme is Elvis. We do know that the kids were shipped off to Vegas to see Viva Elvis Friday night, and then met with Adam in the same theater on Saturday for their mentoring session.

Today a few of the contestants mentioned the session on Twitter:

“Katie Stevens: Ford shoot today!! Yayyyy I’m so excited for this week! Adam was incredible! I love you all!!”
    “Casey James: It was great meeting Adam Lambert! He is really nice. It was awesome to talk with someone that has been in this situation. He had great advise as well. Thank you Adam.”
    “Tim Urban: It was so cool meeting Adam lambert! He’s such a great guy! He was a really cool mentor for this week!”

I think after weeks dedicated to the Rolling Stones, The Beatles, and Elvis that the rock quotient for this season has pretty much been filled. I'm ready for them to move on to something else.

I'm still waiting for them to do the Disney theme - great cross-marketing potential there since the AI Experience is in a Disney theme park.
    Last edited by TopCatDC; 04-11-2010 at 09:09 PM.

Thanks for the link Unk, but I wish those people knew what to do with the microphone. Sheeesh...

Quote Originally Posted by TopCatDC;3874742;
    I'm still waiting for them to do the Disney theme - great cross-marketing potential there since the AI Experience is in a Disney theme park.

...Spewing my morning coffee

Already cringing thinking of Tim & Aaron doing Elvis...

After seeing Vic Damone on the Sunday Morning show, I think they should have him on as a mentor with the Great American Songbook as the theme.

Quote Originally Posted by brierpatch;3875948;
    After seeing Vic Damone on the Sunday Morning show, I think they should have him on as a mentor with the Great American Songbook as the theme.
    I saw that too. He is retired now and has all those years of using a beautiful voice on stage. He also has an interesting story about getting started in the business. The Great American Songbook would allow for kitchy pop and crooners. I like the idea.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

I like the idea as well.

Loved his story about hanging up on Frank Sinatra!

Wonder what ol' Blue Eyes would have thought of American Idol . . . .
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

+ Reply to Thread