+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: 3/4 Results Show Discussion *Spoilers*

FORT Newbie

Re: 3/4 Results Show Discussion *Spoilers*

At the risk of sounding "age-ist", what's with all the 16 yrs olds this year? While they may sound okay for the most part, their voices haven't matured and many of them are much too young to handle the stress. Guess that's the demographic that votes. IMHO, of course. Go Crystal!!

FORT Fogey

There had to be more to the Angela story than we knew. There had to be a reason they did not pick her this, her last possible year. Have no idea why...but I just don't see why they cut her out and picked teenagers who indeed would have more time to try again

Quote Originally Posted by ronlori;3848386;
    At the risk of sounding "age-ist", what's with all the 16 yrs olds this year? While they may sound okay for the most part, their voices haven't matured and many of them are much too young to handle the stress. Guess that's the demographic that votes. IMHO, of course. Go Crystal!!
    I agree with you for the most. Look at Haeley, perhaps a few more years would have made a difference? I can't imagine putting my 16 year old to the scrutiny of the show.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

It's a mystery as to why the producers and judges would not want Angela in the top 24. She had the most interesting back story which AI could have exploited. She was perfect for ratings and she can sing. So we all scratch our heads to that. Maybe she'll sing her new single at the Finale. They may be brewing something for her. She did mention that she will tryout for Simon's X-factor. Maybe Simon wanted to mentor her for that show.

On another note...the judges picked the wrong Jermaine to make the top 24. Jermaine "Brick House" Purifoy is actually the better singer.

Twitter / Megan: That elimination was broug ...

Quote Originally Posted by ibot2much;3848408;
    There had to be more to the Angela story than we knew. There had to be a reason they did not pick her this, her last possible year. Have no idea why...but I just don't see why they cut her out and picked teenagers who indeed would have more time to try again
    I wonder if they were worried about her personal problems with her daughter might be too troublesome?
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

I reckon I must be the lone holdout or maybe just a heartless bastard, but I never got the whole Angela Martin thing. Haeley didn't deserve top 20, but I would have placed Tory there instead of Angela.

Quote Originally Posted by jammyjoe;3848466;
    On another note...the judges picked the wrong Jermaine to make the top 24. Jermaine "Brick House" Purifoy is actually the better singer.
    I totally agree with this. I was very surprised they cut Purifoy in favor of Sellers. Not only was he a better singer but had a much more likable personality. Perhaps because it seems they are so determined to have a female winner this year for some reason, so they didn't want to put through any talented men who would actually have a shot at winning? (I have hopes for my man Lee though.)

Urban Renewal - a new era BuckeyeAddict's Avatar

Add me to the list of those who thought Purifoy was the better singer of the Jermaines. When I saw the spoiler that Sellers was in, I kept hoping that they listed the wrong Jermaine. The only time I thought Sellers sounded good was in a few moments during "What's Going On," but overall didn't like his performance. Everytime I heard Purifoy, I thought he sounded great. But he was in one of the rooms that got cut - so he didn't even make it to the "Green Mile" (is that what they call it?). What in the heck caused the judges to cut him?

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeAddict;3848627;
    Add me to the list of those who thought Purifoy was the better singer of the Jermaines. When I saw the spoiler that Sellers was in, I kept hoping that they listed the wrong Jermaine. The only time I thought Sellers sounded good was in a few moments during "What's Going On," but overall didn't like his performance. Everytime I heard Purifoy, I thought he sounded great. But he was in one of the rooms that got cut - so he didn't even make it to the "Green Mile" (is that what they call it?). What in the heck caused the judges to cut him?
    I liked him a lot but picking "Brick House" as his last chance song was just a stupid idea which earned him his getting cut.
    "So, what is fame? It's lightening that strikes some people. It's lightening that some people seek." Jewel

I still find Danny annoying.

+ Reply to Thread