+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Tim Urban Season 9

Re: Tim Urban Season 9

Why don't we all vote (using D.I.) for everybody except for Tim Urban....that way we can neutralize that other site's votes for Tim. Taking it further, just vote for those who you think are in danger. Definitely the following people aren't really in danger at this stage: Crystal, Siobhan, Michael, and Casey. So you can transfer the votes you are giving them to the less popular contestants. Then we'll setup another thread and we'll call it...Vote Against The Worst.
    Last edited by jammyjoe; 03-21-2010 at 03:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by I'm MEL;3857116;
    Last night's performance was like a SNL skit - those lyrics with the lighthearted delivery and grin??? Just bizarre.

Maybe Siobhan should've done Paint it Black leaning back on a cloud while strumming a harp.

Some of these contestants don't understand the concept of "make it my own" (as Tim likes to say) - it doesn't mean rip all the songs apart and sing them with the same sappy grin on your face. It means give a new spin but without losing what the song is about.

Still laughing over Ellen's beginning her critique by booing herself because she couldn't give glowing praise for that strangeness.
    Reading back...this was really funny!

Isn't this guy the teen-y heartthrob guy? Maybe he was trying to channel the Cowsills or the Monkeys, but to a dark Stones tune. At least he had the general timeframe right.
    The Bachelor/Bachelorette series is a soap opera with unskilled actors, bad writing, and beautiful locations...it even edits the real moon!

VFTW is inconsequential.

FORT Fan

Tim is not any worse than Andrew, Lee, Katie or Didi. So, why not Tim in the Top 10?

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by jammyjoe;3859296;
    ...Taking it further, just vote for those who you think are in danger. ...
    THIS is exactly how shock eliminations happen. You think your favorite is safe, so you throw your votes elsewhere and voilà - off goes the favorite.

I prefer voting for the one person that I want to see continue. Voting for more than one just dilutes my influence. I can only save one person; so I focus my effort there and make peace with anyone else going home.

Quote Originally Posted by KennyLuv;3859419;
    Tim is not any worse than Andrew, Lee, Katie or Didi. So, why not Tim in the Top 10?
    In terms of talent - well I think he's worse, but not so much worse than the middle tier performers. However in terms of musical / performance / artistic skill Tim is a travesty, in my opinion. What, for example, was Tim trying to say this past week by setting the Under My Thumb lyric to that breezy Caribbean arrangement?

I'll tell you what he was saying: nothing. It never crossed his mind what the song was about. Tim is not an artist. He is a contestant on a singing show. Period.
    Last edited by TopCatDC; 03-21-2010 at 01:55 PM.

Tim's song has a cool reggae feel. Who cares what the lyrics are. I don't even know them.

Ya'll look forward to seeing Tim on the tour, cause you gotta know he ain't going home this week.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker;3861726;
    Ya'll look forward to seeing Tim on the tour, cause you gotta know he ain't going home this week.

Was it really so much to ask the other contestants that they perform better than Tim $%&* Urban? Paige? Andrew?

And Didi, Katie, and Aaron - you were all right on the edge.

Seriously though, as clueless as Tim is, I have to give him credit for working hard to get better. His singing was on key and he really stretched himself (literally) to be entertaining - which is a lot more than Lee or Andrew did.

FORT Fan

Miley offered some good advice to Tim. To sing riffs, belt, etc. Enough of the simple songs and plain and easy notes. Tim needs to step it up as a vocalist. Take a more complex song, decorate it and embellish it. Most importantly work hard and nail it. Hopefully, Tim will take Miley's advice next week, if he survives tonight.

Last night Tim's performance was in the top 6 for me.

+ Reply to Thread