+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 23 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314151617181920212223 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Siobhan Magnus Season 9

Re: Siobhan Magnus Season 9

Constantine has an answer & I think a very well thought out response to Kara "I don't know who you are" DioGuardi.

Constantine Maroulis, guest-blogging for the L.A. Times calls her "an interesting rock-opera sort of artist." There you go, she's "rock-opera."

Constantine also said, "I think there are a couple producers out there who are thinking, "Mmmm, I wanna get my hands on her!" because she really has a freakishly interesting voice." There you go, that's called "blank slate."

FORT Fogey

That may get your foot in the door at an audition, but it's hard to build much of a fan base as a "blank slate".

Quote Originally Posted by TopCatDC;3884155;
    Lovely singing, but articulate? Really?

"The thing is I didn't want who the song is by to scare me away from singing it because I love the song. And to have the opportunity to be here and sing this song that I know has touched me very deeply before and, you know, the meaning of it is why I'm here right now, and to have the opportunity to perform it for people regardless of being compared to Mariah or Whitney because because no one compares to them obviously... I just love the song."
    It works pretty darn good for me. I think she gives awesome responses to the judge's criticisms.
    "So, what is fame? It's lightening that strikes some people. It's lightening that some people seek." Jewel

Quote Originally Posted by TopCatDC;3884161;
    That may get your foot in the door at an audition, but it's hard to build much of a fan base as a "blank slate".
    After years of identifiable prepackaged pap, I'm more than ready for a mysterious "blank slate" with great vocal chords. I don't think Siobhan should win AI, but I would love to see her in concert.

I like Constantine's label for her better than my "Goth-Broadway" moniker.

--
    "Tons of surprises, but it wouldn't be 'American Idol' without it, would it?" Cowell told MTV News. "At the end of the day, I could go out and find 12 great singers, but that's kind of boring. The fact that there's people there who shouldn't be there makes it 'American Idol.' "

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by pillbeam;3884213;
    After years of identifiable prepackaged pap, I'm more than ready for a mysterious "blank slate" with great vocal chords. I don't think Siobhan should win AI, but I would love to see her in concert.
    I like Constantine's label for her better than my "Goth-Broadway" moniker.

--
    ITA. And, no sweat that Siobhan won't win. That leaves her free to follow her own path. It is almost a compliment, in my book, that Kara, Queen of Identifiable Prepackaged Pap, doesn't know who Siobhan is as an artist. That means Siobhan is cutting new territory. Good for Siobhan.

I also appreciate Siobhan's honesty in response to the judge's comments.

Quote Originally Posted by Huskie;3884320;
    ITA. And, no sweat that Siobhan won't win. That leaves her free to follow her own path. It is almost a compliment, in my book, that Kara, Queen of Identifiable Prepackaged Pap, doesn't know who Siobhan is as an artist. That means Siobhan is cutting new territory. Good for Siobhan.

No, she won't be free for awhile (a year or 2?), she's still Idol's controlling property win or no win.
    "So, what is fame? It's lightening that strikes some people. It's lightening that some people seek." Jewel

Quote Originally Posted by Huskie;3884320;

No true at all. This is brought up year after year as to how it's much better to not to win. There has been only 1 example of a non winner doing better & that was Daughtry & even then he is under the 19 umbrella.

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker;3884374;
    No true at all. This is brought up year after year as to how it's much better to not to win. There has been only 1 example of a non winner doing better & that was Daughtry & even then he is under the 19 umbrella.
    I didn't claim that she would do better as far as selling records or even be 'successful' vis a vis other contestants. I meant to say she'd be better off on her own away from the types that promote 'identifiable pre-packaged pap'. Better off in that she could be who she is and hopefully hook up with an independent, progressive label....or for that matter maybe even just end up on Broadway or the like.

Guess I forgot she'd be obliged to the tour for a year.

Hope she doesn't get ruined like Alison Iraheta.....they took what she did well and messed it all up...at least for now.....

I just listened to Siobhan's studio version of "Would You Believe" on youtube.

One word....Incredible!

FORT Fogey

SM was the star of STAR Magazine's AI section this week. They showed all her roles in various HS productions. Apparently, drama is huge in her Cape Cod school so the costumes, scenery and props looked very well done.

+ Reply to Thread