+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 28 FirstFirst ... 910111213141516171819202122232425262728 LastLast

Thread: Lee Dewyze Season 9

FORT Regular

Re: Lee Dewyze Season 9

Did it occur to everyone that most of Lee's fans don't hang out in forums?

Quote Originally Posted by WalaLang;3916282;
    Did it occur to everyone that most of Lee's fans don't hang out in forums?
    I was wondering about that. It could be his fan base is pretty young and not prone to chatting about AI on forums
    --
    "Tons of surprises, but it wouldn't be 'American Idol' without it, would it?" Cowell told MTV News. "At the end of the day, I could go out and find 12 great singers, but that's kind of boring. The fact that there's people there who shouldn't be there makes it 'American Idol.' "

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

Congratulations Lee! American chose YOU!!
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

FORT Fanatic

Go look at Lee's facebook following - it is huge. Go to vote4idol.com. His lead there is huge...It just depends where you look.
    I love Lee - he stood out to me because I like his style - I love the sound of his voice - and yes his looks don't hurt either.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by pillbeam;3916294;
    I was wondering about that. It could be his fan base is pretty young and not prone to chatting about AI on forums
    --
    There is another forum out there where most of the posters are pretty young. I just checked it and see that Lee has over 36,000 posts, while Crystal has over 6,000. I don't know their voting practices, and it may be a dozen people posting thousands of times! (very likely). but I do think that Lee has a large younger fanbase. And probably a decent sized "older" one too!
    Last edited by I'm MEL; 05-27-2010 at 08:08 PM.

I have loved Lee since I first heard him sing. I also like Crystal. But I am glad Lee won!

Quote Originally Posted by TLynnMartin;3916319;
    Go look at Lee's facebook following - it is huge. Go to vote4idol.com. His lead there is huge...It just depends where you look.
    I love Lee - [B]he stood out to me because I like his style - I love the sound of [/B]his voice - and yes his looks don't hurt either.
    Me, too! And Lee just kept improving more and more each and every time he sang. That didn't hurt him, either.
    "Success is falling nine times and getting up ten." - Jon Bon Jovi

FORT Fogey

OK, you've got to hear this. Lee performed an acoustic version of Beautiful Day for Access Hollywood and I like it! Why did he record that karaoke U2 version for Idol?

From ‘Idol’ To Access: Lee DeWyze Performs U2’s ‘Beautiful Day’

If he had sung something this creative on Idol I would have voted for him.

Thanks, TopCat, for the link. Lee certainly doesn't sound as excrutiating on this Access Hollywood version as he did on AI. He manages to stay somewhat on key for the first half of the performance, and he has a nice connection to the lyrics, which he did not have on AI. But there is nothing there that would prompt me to buy his CD.

I think he is an attractive guy with an attractive voice, which might serve him well in the industry. We'll see.
    --
    "Tons of surprises, but it wouldn't be 'American Idol' without it, would it?" Cowell told MTV News. "At the end of the day, I could go out and find 12 great singers, but that's kind of boring. The fact that there's people there who shouldn't be there makes it 'American Idol.' "

+ Reply to Thread