+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 72 FirstFirst 123456789101112131454 ... LastLast

Thread: Crystal Bowersox Season 9

Re: Crystal Bowersox Season 9

I like that there is no BS about her. She's not on the show to fufill a dream, or to bring her music to peple who would never have listened to that kind of music. She's there to make some money for her family. She is going to tell it like it is and I hope she won't compromise heself by selling out. I liked her version of Hands in my Pocket but I didn't think it was that unique either but I look forward to more Crystal.

As for the Simon hate she got, well sorry Crystal, Simon hates anything that isn't a carbon copy of every other year and he has already told the world he wants a new "Taylor Swift" so any one who comes close to that is his fave.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by ibot2much;3838875;
    Well the mole is somethng he couldn't do anything about, but her hair is just a horror and apparently she is not willing to make a change or it would have happened already..
    She definitely needs a "look", but it seems the Idol makeover A-Team doesn't arrive until the finals. (David Cook looked like he'd slept in the back of a bar during semi-finals, as I recall.)

FORT Fan

I like her fine the way she is.

Quote Originally Posted by felix;3838941;
    I like her fine the way she is.
    Agree! If they want her to stay true to who she is by playing her type of music then it should also include her look.
    The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart. Helen Keller

Quote Originally Posted by ibot2much;3838875;
    Well the mole is somethng he couldn't do anything about, but her hair is just a horror and apparently she is not willing to make a change or it would have happened already. The judge comment that that she needs to be more than a coffee house singer is so true and that is not going to happen unless she makes some changes in her appearance. Shallow, yea I know, but that is the way of the world. We are judged on a lot more than just our strengths/talents.
    Kara made that comment, but she said she need to be LESS of a coffee house singer.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker;3838975;
    Kara made that comment, but she said she need to be LESS of a coffee house singer.

Less of a coffee house singer and more of something else??

Quote Originally Posted by ibot2much;3838991;
    Less of a coffee house singer and more of something else??
    The whole issue was that Coffee Houses are usually small with small stages. Kara wants Crystal to be less small stage & more big stage...less coffee house.

FORT Fogey

Simon is right. Crystal may be unique relative to previous idol contestants but she's nothing new in rest of the world. Kind of like Blake Lewis. There are a kazillion of his type out there.

Still, I enjoyed Blake and I enjoy Crystal. Her tough attitude is probably going to grate pretty quick, but for now, she's cool.

Plus, there are lots of famous singers who don't have the uniqueness that the judges are referring to. Good music is good music. Enteraining is entertaining.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker;3839026;
    The whole issue was that Coffee Houses are usually small with small stages. Kara wants Crystal to be less small stage & more big stage...less coffee house.

I took it to mean the hippie, natural woman look of the coffee house singer---- dreds, harmonica and guitar are pretty stereotypical. Maybe Kara wanted her to stretch to be more than just that...but we all are entitled to our opinions

+ Reply to Thread