+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 72 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202161 ... LastLast

Thread: Crystal Bowersox Season 9

FORT Fogey

Re: Crystal Bowersox Season 9

Quote Originally Posted by fan*addict;3851956;
    Least we all forget the transformation of Clay Aiken...and even Elliott Yamen (who had that darn snaggle tooth taken care of...) and the "post" idol transformation of Kelly Pickler!
    Don't forget David Cook who looked like he'd been living in the back of a bar during the semi-finals, and within a couple of weeks turned in to a hottie! (Of course, David gets some credit for that himself - he put himself on a diet and exercise regimen and lost weight during the competition.)

Quote Originally Posted by fan*addict;3851956;
    Amen sista'...and as far as the comments concerning Crystal's "looks" (and I have echoed the same), Making the top 12 will give her more "stylists" at her disposal.

Least we all forget the transformation of Clay Aiken...and even Elliott Yamen (who had that darn snaggle tooth taken care of...) and the "post" idol transformation of Kelly Pickler!
    I think the problem is that Crystal will be resistant to the makeover.

She is grunge and she likes that style. And there is nothing wrong with that but it won't make her a mainstream artist. It is the same problem Adam Lambert ran into last year.

I think Crystal will get a recording contract and will do well but she will never be as big as Carrie Underwood or Kelly Clarkson.

Crystal has a capability somewhere between David Cook and Daughtry, I think, to carve a career out. She's in that wheelhouse. Obviously there's some range between those two (Cook, a winner, has since fizzled out somewhat, whereas Daughtry, a loser, has a long career established).

Then again, hard rocker women maybe always have a harder career. People talk about Bonnie Raitt with whispered awe often, but does she really sell zillions of records and kill selling tickets on tour? Someone like Raitt does well, gets Grammy Awards and the Rock and Roll hall of Fame, but its never that easy.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

Urban Renewal - a new era BuckeyeAddict's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cape;3852012;
    I think the problem is that Crystal will be resistant to the makeover.

She is grunge and she likes that style. And there is nothing wrong with that but it won't make her a mainstream artist. It is the same problem Adam Lambert ran into last year.

I think Crystal will get a recording contract and will do well but she will never be as big as Carrie Underwood or Kelly Clarkson.
    I'm not sure that I'd want Crystal to "clean up" too much. I'm not really a grunge fan, but it's her personality. I think her teeth look a bit whiter than they did before. But I just don't see her getting all prettied up. It would be like selling out, IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeAddict;3852094;
    I'm not sure that I'd want Crystal to "clean up" too much. I'm not really a grunge fan, but it's her personality. I think her teeth look a bit whiter than they did before. But I just don't see her getting all prettied up. It would be like selling out, IMO.
    I agree. I like her...sitting on her amp, stained teeth, dirty hair, and all.
    Getting lost will help you find yourself.

not a star, not an elf StarryElf's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cape;3852012;

I don't think she really wants that. From everything I have heard from and about her, it seems to me that she wants a career making the music she loves, and making enough money to have a comfortable living for her herself and her son. And if that is true, there is no need to be a huge mega-star, just a solid performer with a strong audience, and she is already well on her way to that.

She's definitely talented although not my style. I can see why so many like her though. At first I didn't care for her because she reminded me of Amanda Overmeyer, who acted like she was too cool for AI, but I no longer think that. The grungy look and bad teeth are kind of a turnoff to me though.

Regardless of whether she wins or not, I do think she has enough fans now that she will undoubtedly have a successful music career.

I actually think Crystal is pretty, good features, she just needs a little sprucing up, nothing drastic. Her singing style is kind of like Melissa Etheridge (no great beauty herself, but super talented). If this contest is based on the best singer performer she could win, however as we saw last year this is not always the case. Still think she will get a recording contract out of this & that seems to be what she wants.

I think she will clean up well, too. I think she's a pretty girl.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere;3852154;
    I think she will clean up well, too. I think she's a pretty girl.
    I agree. I think she looks a little like Meryl Streep.
    Ain't Love Grand!

+ Reply to Thread