+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 24 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Casey James Season 9

Urban Renewal - a new era BuckeyeAddict's Avatar

Re: Casey James Season 9

Quote Originally Posted by OriginalSinner;3867083;
    I am not supporting him if he doesn't lose the guitar. Lee is better than him anyway.
    You bring up a point I was thinking about. Lee and Casey are a little too similar in style. I think they are going to split votes somewhere along the line, and one will knock the other out. Although I do believe Crystal should win the show, I cannot imagine this show without Casey, at least until much closer to the end. IMO, it would be a HUGE loss. It would be for me anyway. Casey can use that guitar every single night if he wants to, as far as Iím concerned.

In some ways, Casey is handicapped by his great looks. People assume they like his singing because of his handsome face. Well, I just listened to his latest performance video without watching it, and this man has some serious blues singing chops. Like Lee, Casey has a great tough voice. Unlike Lee, Casey knows what to do with it in terms of phrasing and emotional expression. And Casey's guitar playing is a real pleasure, too.

As I said in another thread, I hope Casey joins Crystal in the Top 2. Those two could do some major jammin', by singing AND guitar playing together.
    --
    "Tons of surprises, but it wouldn't be 'American Idol' without it, would it?" Cowell told MTV News. "At the end of the day, I could go out and find 12 great singers, but that's kind of boring. The fact that there's people there who shouldn't be there makes it 'American Idol.' "

I agree totally. As I said in another thread, I think a disservice is done to Casey when Kara and all the rest of us (I'm guilty of it, too) focus more on his looks than his talent. Listen to Casey without looking at him and you will see. Ur... you won't see, but that's the point.

I would be a fan of Casey even if he were ugly as a toad.

Do you think we will get to see what is in his box now that he has made the top ten?

FORT Fogey

I'm another who thinks that Casey has been handicapped by his early pretty boy edit.

Casey's vocal last night was really good, in my opinion. And his performance was the most energetic and alive he has ever been. He started strong in the semi-finals; has never given a bad performance; and is gradually gaining confidence in his singing and presentation every week. And he is one hell of a guitar player.

Casey has made what I think is a revolutionary decision. He plans (last I heard) to play guitar every week, because he says "that's what I do". This is a first for Idol and it will be interesting to see how it plays out.

Along those lines, my main criticism of Casey is that he is 75% about the music and only 25% about the lyrics. You can tell he is absolutely in heaven doing this music, and as I said, his singing has been getting stronger. But he is not getting any better at communicating with the audience and telling a story with the words. He's got to feel the story a little more and the music a little less, in my opinion.

FORT Fanatic

My final two would be Casey and Lee at this point. Then I could just sit and eenie meenie miney moe....I love them both. Casey actually doesn't let himself go though.....I think he does play it safe...he has an even greater voice then they let us hear.

I really don't think Crystal stands a chance of winning - she is not relevant at all - as Simon himself always says.

Lee is starting to squeak by them all I think. But I still love Casey and don't want to see him go until at least the final two.

Quote Originally Posted by TopCatDC;3867555;

Casey has made what I think is a revolutionary decision. He plans (last I heard) to play guitar every week, because he says "that's what I do". This is a first for Idol and it will be interesting to see how it plays out.
    I loved Casey's "that's what I do" comment, because it reinforces that this performer is going to stay true to his identity and his art. In other words, he "knows who he is" as a performer. That is something Crystal gets complimented on, too.

Perhaps his acoustic performance next week will be a good showcase for his singing ability.
    --
    "Tons of surprises, but it wouldn't be 'American Idol' without it, would it?" Cowell told MTV News. "At the end of the day, I could go out and find 12 great singers, but that's kind of boring. The fact that there's people there who shouldn't be there makes it 'American Idol.' "

Quote Originally Posted by pillbeam;3868043;
    I loved Casey's "that's what I do" comment, because it reinforces that this performer is going to stay true to his identity and his art. In other words, he "knows who he is" as a performer. That is something Crystal gets complimented on, too.

Perhaps his acoustic performance next week will be a good showcase for his singing ability.
    --
    I can't wait for that; wonder what song he's doing?
    The Bachelor/Bachelorette series is a soap opera with unskilled actors, bad writing, and beautiful locations...it even edits the real moon!

Urban Renewal - a new era BuckeyeAddict's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by VelvetRed;3868057;
    I can't wait for that; wonder what song he's doing?
    I looked up Lennon & McCartney tunes. The ones that I think would go best with acoustic guitar are:
    Blackbird
    Here, There and Everywhere
    In My Life
    Yesterday

But who knows. I never would have recommended "Eleanor Rigby" to anyone, and it worked out well for Cookie.

Who is John Galt?

I can't help it, he is still my favorite. Yeah, the top three are Lee, Crystal and Casey, but Casey will get my vote. I know I am partially giving him extra points for those sexy looks to go with that sexy voice, but I am shallow (I admit it). He's the only one of the three who has the whole "presence" thing that could go the farthest in the professional music business.

+ Reply to Thread