+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 24 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Casey James Season 9

Re: Casey James Season 9

The thing is, he said in his interview that he was aware of boxing himself into a small area of the stage & he was going to open it up a bit, & then he didn't. Still liked him though.

FORT Fan

To me Casey has become stagnant. I do not see any growth or a different facet.

Urban Renewal - a new era BuckeyeAddict's Avatar

IMO, Casey just needs to make better song choices. Sometimes he chooses well, sometimes not so much. I didn't take the time to see what his options were for #1 Billboard hits, but I would think there were better songs for him than "The Power of Love." It's just a little too dated.

For next week, I think he has an opportunity to shine. There are some R&B tunes that have a rock edge, and some R&B ballads that I think would suit him. From the list of songs that are approved for them to sing next week, this is what I'd like to hear (and see!) Casey sing:

Ballads/Slower songs:
    Mercy Mercy Me - Marvin Gaye
    The Dock of the Bay - Otis Redding
    Easy - The Commodores

R&B with a bit of rock:
    Mustang Sally - Wilson Pickett

Hmmm - not as many rockin' R&B songs as I thought. He could do Dancing in the Street like Van Halen did, but I don't think that would work out any better than "The Power of Love."

Too bad the O'Jays For the Love of Money isn't on the list...
    Last edited by BuckeyeAddict; 03-26-2010 at 06:17 PM.

Casey is best when he leans towards the blues. The problem with Power of Love was that it was too pop! When he does the bluesy stuff he shines better.

And regarding Michael Johns, they are apples and oranges to me. I love the album Michael Johns released. They both do better when leaning towards their blues side.
    "How do you know the chosen ones? No greater love hath a man than he lay down his life for his friend. Not for millions, not for glory, not for fame... for one person. In the dark. Where no one will ever know or see." - Sebastion, Babylon 5

Useless Comedy Poster HurriKaty's Avatar

.. But I liked his Power of Love.

Also, he's a beautiful, beautiful man. But that has nothing to do with his singing now, does it?
    You've been Philiminated.

I liked Casey in Hollywood (or was it Top 24?) when he showed us his grittier, more bluesy side. I haven't seen that side since, which is such a disappointment. He appears so stiff onstage (he has excellent posture, but he should loosen up a bit). That doesn't mean he has to run back and forth across the stage, but I just can't get over that stiffness. I don't think he's bad, but I'm just so disappointed because I haven't seen him grow. Maybe the R&B theme this week will get him back on track.

Casey has a great voice and a solid blues ability. He is proud of his guitar playing, as he should be. I think he has been feeling hamstrung in the AI format, which is why he hasn't sounded as down-to-earth as he should. I suspect he is one hell of a performer in the blues club circuits. If he could just let loose a little, he could give Crystal better competition.

Oh, and yeah, he is really hot looking. But then again, I think Ruben is adorable and Taylor Hicks is charming.

--
    "Tons of surprises, but it wouldn't be 'American Idol' without it, would it?" Cowell told MTV News. "At the end of the day, I could go out and find 12 great singers, but that's kind of boring. The fact that there's people there who shouldn't be there makes it 'American Idol.' "

Urban Renewal - a new era BuckeyeAddict's Avatar

I usually just relisten to my favorite performances during work. I'm going to have a haaaarrrrrddd time just listening to this. The view was 50% of this performance last night - at least for me and others' whose posts seem to reflect the same. Not sure if my coworkers need to see my all flustered though...

I am not supporting him if he doesn't lose the guitar. Lee is better than him anyway.

+ Reply to Thread