+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 24 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Casey James Season 9

FORT Fogey

Re: Casey James Season 9

I think both Casey and his fans will step it up next week.

Quote Originally Posted by RealityLovesMe;3883455;
    I think both Casey and his fans will step it up next week.

I hope you are right. When Casey is at his best, he is almost as riveting as Crystal. I'm still hoping for a Crystal-Casey finale.
    --
    "Tons of surprises, but it wouldn't be 'American Idol' without it, would it?" Cowell told MTV News. "At the end of the day, I could go out and find 12 great singers, but that's kind of boring. The fact that there's people there who shouldn't be there makes it 'American Idol.' "

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by pillbeam;3883482;
    I hope you are right. When Casey is at his best, he is almost as riveting as Crystal. I'm still hoping for a Crystal-Casey finale.
    --
    When I read your statement, I immediately went back in my mind to the Carrie Underwood/Bo Bice finale. I think a Crystal/Casey finale would be eerily similar. Like Bo, Casey seems very laid back while Crystal like Carrie is dynamically wowing the socks off of everyone week after week.
    I enjoy watching and listening to Casey, but frankly and realistically like Bo with Carrie, I don't think Casey would stand a chance against Crystal.
    If grace is an ocean, we're all drowning.

- John McMillan

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;3883540;
    When I read your statement, I immediately went back in my mind to the Carrie Underwood/Bo Bice finale. I think a Crystal/Casey finale would be eerily similar. Like Bo, Casey seems very laid back while Crystal like Carrie is dynamically wowing the socks off of everyone week after week.
    I enjoy watching and listening to Casey, but frankly and realistically like Bo with Carrie, I don't think Casey would stand a chance against Crystal.

Actually, a finale with Crystal and Casey would very different from Carrie/Bo: Carrie and Bo were completely different artists, while Crystal and Casey are both from the same blues-rock-guitar genre. Of course Crystal will win, deservedly so, but it would be great to see her and Casey jammin' together in a couple of duos during the finale.

By the way, it was Bo who was "wowing my socks off" that season, not the robotic Carrie (who has learned since that season how to project emotion in her songs).

==
    "Tons of surprises, but it wouldn't be 'American Idol' without it, would it?" Cowell told MTV News. "At the end of the day, I could go out and find 12 great singers, but that's kind of boring. The fact that there's people there who shouldn't be there makes it 'American Idol.' "

Casey will go far in the "biz", although he probably won't win AI. That is better, though, IMO.

Trust me, he's the new Toby Keith.
    The Bachelor/Bachelorette series is a soap opera with unskilled actors, bad writing, and beautiful locations...it even edits the real moon!

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by VelvetRed;3883771;
    Trust me, he's the new Toby Keith.
    The Casey-Toby similarity begins and ends with the vibrato. I think Casey will go as far as Bucky Covington or Phil Stacey, that is if he goes country, which is where I think he will end up.

Quote Originally Posted by KennyLuv;3883796;
    The Casey-Toby similarity begins and ends with the vibrato. I think Casey will go as far as Bucky Covington or Phil Stacey, that is if he goes country, which is where I think he will end up.
    That's an interesting question: Will Casey turn to country (which seems to be the default genre for half the finalists after they leave AI)? I hope Casey doesn't turn to country, because unlike those other former finalists, he already has a firm musical identity (blues rock). If he stays true to his "chops," I'll buy his CD.
    --

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by pillbeam;3883959;
    That's an interesting question: Will Casey turn to country (which seems to be the default genre for half the finalists after they leave AI)? I hope Casey doesn't turn to country, because unlike those other former finalists, he already has a firm musical identity (blues rock). If he stays true to his "chops," I'll buy his CD.
    --
    I don't think Casey should go exclusively country. His best so far was John Lennon's "Jealous Guy," and I still hold that performance as one of the best of the season among all the contestants, so he could really sell if he sticks with that style. I could also see hiim doing songs in a Southern rock style that could be crossover country, which would broaden his appeal. I hope he fares well, whatever path he takes post-Idol.

Oh yeah, Southern Rock could work for him too. It's in his soul already.
    --

FORT Fanatic

I think Casey needs to just put down the guitar and sing. He actually has an awesome voice - stand there and sing accapello like Bo Bice did. He can do it.

I am hoping for a Lee/Casey finale. Tired of scuzzy Crystal lovin!

+ Reply to Thread