Lawrence Franklin of Dream Projects Entertainment disputes Chris Golightly's claim that he was not subject to an existing recording contract when he auditioned for American Idol last year, but he says that he would have worked with the show's producers so that Chris could have continued in the competition.
"Chris was still under contract with Dream Projects Entertainment," Franklin says. Franklin says Chris was part of a vocal group called D.R.E.A.M. 5 and claims that the singer had signed a new, two-year recording contract on May 30, 2009, less than two months before he first auditioned for Idol.
Franklin says he contacted 19 Entertainment in January after learning that Chris was appearing on the show.
"We asked them for release documents, and they were supposed to send them over last Friday," says Franklin. But, according to Franklin, those forms never came. "We were prepared to give our own release documents, but after waiting on the attorneys from 19 to send over their paperwork, time kind of ran out for Chris," he says...
"We did want Chris to succeed," Franklin said. "We want him to continue. I don't think it's fair how they're doing him."