+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: 2/17 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

Re: 2/17 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

Quote Originally Posted by TopCatDC;3831873;
    OK - let's talk about the pink elephant in the room. I could name any number of girls that could possibly make the final four. Lacey Brown, Katie Stevens, Crystal Bowersox, Lily Scott. Maybe even a dark horse like Siobhan Magnus or Haeley Vaughn.

Where is the guy that can go the distance? He may be in there some where, but the guys that have gotten the most exposure - Andrew Garcia, Casey James, Michael Lynche, Todrick Hall - I don't know if they can stand up to the ladies.

What do you think?
    You have a point. At first, I thought most of my favs were guys but after trying to catch up with names and faces. I didn't have as many as I thought.

The girls surprise me that I eded up with 2 that I wanted to see more of-Shelby and Angela. I could replace them with 2 girls that I don't remember.

As far as making the final four? Oh wow, who knows because the call in process changes everything. It's hardly about singing but more about appealing to the masses.

Honestly, I can't call it.

Golightly? Hmm was he one of my favs. Did he hav locs?

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by RealityLovesMe;3831895;
    Chris Golightly was disqualified yesterday. He was told it is because he was once signed somewhere. According to another contestant's twitter. Poor guy. I think the real reason was his hair.
    Yesterday?! Talk about some last minute editing. That means everyone else has had two weeks to work on their material and get situated and Tim has to come in and hit the ground running. And with NO pimping in the pre-season.

I'll be anxious to find out what the Golightly issue was. Lots of Idols have had (past tense) record deals. I don't know what the rules are specifically. Maybe they can't currently be under contract? (Obviously that would prevent 19E from owning them lock stock and barrel.) Interesting story - I'm sure the Idol press is going to dig to the bottom of this one.
    Last edited by Unklescott; 02-18-2010 at 12:15 AM. Reason: no link

FORT Fogey

Local FOX station here is reporting that there is a smidgen of good news for Angela Martin. Her mother who has been missing since Christmas, may have been spotted downtown Chicago - probably relapsed on drugs. Yes, in Angela's world, this is what passes for good news. At least her mother is still alive.

Is Chris Golightly the guy who had the '70s' rocker vibe? Said he had studied old tapes of Robert Plant,Jim Morrison,etc? He's the only one I can think of who has curls... I forget them so fast already!

No that's Tylar Grady

Quote Originally Posted by TopCatDC;3831913;
    Local FOX station here is reporting that there is a smidgen of good news for Angela Martin. Her mother who has been missing since Christmas, may have been spotted downtown Chicago - probably relapsed on drugs. Yes, in Angela's world, this is what passes for good news. At least her mother is still alive.
    Thanks for sharing the news about her mom, TopCat! I wish Angela all the best in her life!

I read there was another contenstant that was DQ'd from the 24 as well. I don't know if it is considered a spoiler so I won't post a name. If it's okay, let me know and I will spill.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Maybaybie;3831967;
    I read there was another contenstant that was DQ'd from the 24 as well. I don't know if it is considered a spoiler so I won't post a name. If it's okay, let me know and I will spill.
    Yes you can read all about that in the AI9 Spoiler thread. But, long story short, that rumor was debunked. And tonight confirms it. The contestant that was rumored to be out is still in.

But if you have additional information you might want to contribute to the discussion over there.

FORT Fogey

I'm picking up on Twitter that Fox just released a statement (which I have not yet seen) that says what we have all already figured out: Chris Golightly was dropped from the competition because he was ineligible. Tim Urban has replaced him. Duh! Well, at least they are owning up to it. (In the past two hours every Idol reporter I follow has said they are trying to get a statement from Fox, but Fox wasn't talking.)

Now a tweet from Ryan Seacrest:

"been determined that Chris Golightly is ineligible to continue on IDOL, contestant Tim Urban has replaced Golightly as part of the Top 24"
    Again, so far they are masters of the obvious. The press is going to push them on this.
    Last edited by TopCatDC; 02-18-2010 at 02:33 AM.

+ Reply to Thread